• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello everyone, thank you for your replies, I really appreciate your help. I've created a list of questions, maybe some of them are silly but i still decided to asked as I'd like to avoid any issues with my application.

1. I have only one nationality at the moment but an oath ceremony has been scheduled (in a few days) for me to become a Canadian citizen. Wonder if it's a Yes or a No to this question: Do you hold or have you held any nationality other than the one you have indicated above? I am not a citizen of a country until I take the Oath, right? Is it all right to provide only one nationality?

2. Address in the United States. Can I provide a hotel address (will probably stay there before renting an apartment) and another address to get my docs? I am thinking of providing two addresses because the one I am going to use to get my docs is not a residential address, it's an office, but the owner of the office agreed to give me the address and will be able to forward my docs to me (to whatever US address I'll be living at after signing a lease agreement).

3. My father's name is Aleksandr but I wrote his name as Alexander when submitting a US tourist visa application, a year ago. My father is deceased and never had a passport/document with his name written in English, so i am not sure how to translate it. Maybe it's a silly question but should I write his name as Aleksandr or Alexander in DS-260?

4. My father was born in a small village in Russia and his place of birth is translated as Krasny in Google Maps but for some reason I entered Krasnyy when I was applying for the US tourist visa (maybe it was Krasnyy back then). I am confused now and not sure which translation to use.

5. Not sure which option to select for Petitioner. If I am the primary selectee, it’s probably SELF? If so, which option should my husband select in his DS-260?

6. Vaccination in accordance with U.S. law. What do people usually write here? It's a No, I guess, but is there a generic explanation we can provide here? Maybe something like: "I will receive all required vaccinations before the interview."

7. Did anyone assist you in filling out this application? If I am helping my husband to fill it out, do we need to say Yes? Or is it for organizations that help with submitting the form? If I am helping my husband, can it somehow negatively affect the application?
About question 6; I have seen many people asking about what to write in the box. However, when I helped a friend complete her DS260, no box popped out, whether she answered "yes" or "No". Did we make a mistake somewhere?

The Alexander question has been asked and answered before. For the same reasons as that answer, you are overthinking the birth place spelling.

Hello everyone, thank you for your replies, I really appreciate your help. I've created a list of questions, maybe some of them are silly but i still decided to asked as I'd like to avoid any issues with my application.

1. I have only one nationality at the moment but an oath ceremony has been scheduled (in a few days) for me to become a Canadian citizen. Wonder if it's a Yes or a No to this question: Do you hold or have you held any nationality other than the one you have indicated above? I am not a citizen of a country until I take the Oath, right? Is it all right to provide only one nationality?

2. Address in the United States. Can I provide a hotel address (will probably stay there before renting an apartment) and another address to get my docs? I am thinking of providing two addresses because the one I am going to use to get my docs is not a residential address, it's an office, but the owner of the office agreed to give me the address and will be able to forward my docs to me (to whatever US address I'll be living at after signing a lease agreement).

3. My father's name is Aleksandr but I wrote his name as Alexander when submitting a US tourist visa application, a year ago. My father is deceased and never had a passport/document with his name written in English, so i am not sure how to translate it. Maybe it's a silly question but should I write his name as Aleksandr or Alexander in DS-260?

4. My father was born in a small village in Russia and his place of birth is translated as Krasny in Google Maps but for some reason I entered Krasnyy when I was applying for the US tourist visa (maybe it was Krasnyy back then). I am confused now and not sure which translation to use.

5. Not sure which option to select for Petitioner. If I am the primary selectee, it’s probably SELF? If so, which option should my husband select in his DS-260?

6. Vaccination in accordance with U.S. law. What do people usually write here? It's a No, I guess, but is there a generic explanation we can provide here? Maybe something like: "I will receive all required vaccinations before the interview."

7. Did anyone assist you in filling out this application? If I am helping my husband to fill it out, do we need to say Yes? Or is it for organizations that help with submitting the form? If I am helping my husband, can it somehow negatively affect the application?
1. Provide nationality based on whatever is applicable as at when you submit the DS260 form. Yes, you’re not a Canadian citizen until after you’ve taken the oath.
2. Does the form provide the option of listing a mailing address if different from physical address?
3. Previously addressed, plus overthinking.
4. Overthinking. Use your best judgment.
5. Your spouse is your derivative. What are the available options?
6. Yes, that response is fine.
7. Does you husband understand English and could he have filled out the form on his own without you? If the he can, then you can answer NO to the question, after all I’m assuming he will be reviewing the form.

Hi guys!

I finally got my interview date (EU 16xxx), after waiting for it for months!
I just wanted to ask what to expect from someone that has already gone through their interview. Maybe some of the questions they were asked, how long it lasted, etc. Mine isn't until the end of July and I'm already a bundle of nerves.

Also, if anyone has a link where it lists what documents I need to bring with me to the interview I would be very grateful if you could post it here!

Hi guys!

I finally got my interview date (EU 16xxx), after waiting for it for months!
I just wanted to ask what to expect from someone that has already gone through their interview. Maybe some of the questions they were asked, how long it lasted, etc. Mine isn't until the end of July and I'm already a bundle of nerves.

Also, if anyone has a link where it lists what documents I need to bring with me to the interview I would be very grateful if you could post it here!
Are you doing AOS?

2. Does the form provide the option of listing a mailing address if different from physical address?
Yes, it does. I provided a hotel address and another address to mail the docs. Btw, we have no hotel reservation, is it still okay to provide a hotel address?

5. Your spouse is your derivative. What are the available options?
It's actually strange but i can't seem to locate that question in the form. I think I've seen it somewhere, probably in the official sample form. Never mind

6. Yes, that response is fine.
Actually, can I write something like: "I received all vaccinations in accordance with the law of my country of origin" or maybe: "I am ready to get vaccinated if determined necessary during my medical examination"?

The reason for this is that I'm not sure whether I'll be called for an interview. And what if i won't. In that case, stating that I'll get vaccinated before the interview makes me obligated to get vaccinated, and I don't even know whether i'll be called for the interview (plus, i don't know what vaccines I need). I don't mind to get vaccinated, I just try to avoid doing things in advance when nothing is guaranteed. Is it usually checked during a medical exam?

I have a few more questions.

8. My mother's address. My father is deceased but the form is asking whether my mother's address is the same as father's. I guess, it's a No?

9. Year of death. My husband's father is deceased but we don't know the year of death. My mother-in-law got divorced when my husband was still a toddler, and she didn’t stay in contact with her ex-husband. She even destroyed all pictures of her ex-husband. My spouse doesn’t even know what his father looked like. Cruel but true. We can’t even guesstimate his year of death. It could be 20 or 30 years ago, we don’t know. What would you recommend in this case?

10. Previous visits to the United States. I’ve visited the USA multiple times but never stayed for more than about 5 hours. All visits were less than 24 hours. In the form, I need to select the length of my stay. Should I write 1 day? I can’t select HOURS, it’s just DAY(S) and a box for a number of days.

11. My occupation. I work as a Software Engineer. Do I need to select Computer Science or Engineering?

Yes, it does. I provided a hotel address and another address to mail the docs. Btw, we have no hotel reservation, is it still okay to provide a hotel address?

It's actually strange but i can't seem to locate that question in the form. I think I've seen it somewhere, probably in the official sample form. Never mind

Actually, can I write something like: "I received all vaccinations in accordance with the law of my country of origin" or maybe: "I am ready to get vaccinated if determined necessary during my medical examination"?

The reason for this is that I'm not sure whether I'll be called for an interview. And what if i won't. In that case, stating that I'll get vaccinated before the interview makes me obligated to get vaccinated, and I don't even know whether i'll be called for the interview (plus, i don't know what vaccines I need). I don't mind to get vaccinated, I just try to avoid doing things in advance when nothing is guaranteed. Is it usually checked during a medical exam?

I have a few more questions.

8. My mother's address. My father is deceased but the form is asking whether my mother's address is the same as father's. I guess, it's a No?

9. Year of death. My husband's father is deceased but we don't know the year of death. My mother-in-law got divorced when my husband was still a toddler, and she didn’t stay in contact with her ex-husband. She even destroyed all pictures of her ex-husband. My spouse doesn’t even know what his father looked like. Cruel but true. We can’t even guesstimate his year of death. It could be 20 or 30 years ago, we don’t know. What would you recommend in this case?

10. Previous visits to the United States. I’ve visited the USA multiple times but never stayed for more than about 5 hours. All visits were less than 24 hours. In the form, I need to select the length of my stay. Should I write 1 day? I can’t select HOURS, it’s just DAY(S) and a box for a number of days.

11. My occupation. I work as a Software Engineer. Do I need to select Computer Science or Engineering?
I don’t know if listing a hotel address as your physical address and and office building as your mailing address will work or not. Most folks typically have some trusted family members or friends whose address they end up using.

8. Please use your best judgement.
9. Please use your best judgement.
10. Select 1 day.
11. Please use your best judgement.

Bottom line is you’re overthinking this, I’m sorry I cannot guide through every single question on the form. Imagine if I have to respond to hundreds of other selectees with endless questions like you. Just use your best judgment and stop second guessing every single one.

Bottom line is you’re overthinking this, I’m sorry I cannot guide every single question on the form. Imagine if I have to respond to hundreds of other selectees with endless questions like you. Just use your best judgment and stop second guessing every single one.
Yeah, I completely agree. I tend to do that just because I don't want to make a mistake. Thank you for your replies, it helps a lot!

Hello Team,
Good day.
I have some questions regarding the Case queue, let's say Mr. X CN 40K and he sent his DS-260 may and received KCC email current for an interview on march query. And Mr. Y CN 5K sent his DS-260 July on March he didn’t DQ but when he asked again in May KCC replay current for interview. So now in the above scenario which CN gets the first 2NL?
Many thanks for considering my request.

Hi there!
I have a question regarding police certificates. I have my interview this Thursday and I was reviewing the list of documents - I obtained all my police certificates in June of last year but I did go back to one of the countries where I used to live (France) for 2 weekends during the past year. Do I need a new police certificate?

After entering the US with a diversity visa, are we allowed to work from the first day?
Or we must wait for the physical green card to arrive first in the mail?

Hi there!
I have a question regarding police certificates. I have my interview this Thursday and I was reviewing the list of documents - I obtained all my police certificates in June of last year but I did go back to one of the countries where I used to live (France) for 2 weekends during the past year. Do I need a new police certificate?
You should be okay with what you already have.

After entering the US with a diversity visa, are we allowed to work from the first day?
Or we must wait for the physical green card to arrive first in the mail?
You are eligible to work from day one of being admitted as a LPR, you do not need to wait for the physical GC. You however may not be able to work right away if you do not already have a SSN, employers require the SSN to verify your work eligibility.

Hello Team,
Good day.
I have some questions regarding the Case queue, let's say Mr. X CN 40K and he sent his DS-260 may and received KCC email current for an interview on march query. And Mr. Y CN 5K sent his DS-260 July on March he didn’t DQ but when he asked again in May KCC replay current for interview. So now in the above scenario which CN gets the first 2NL?
Many thanks for considering my request.
Does it matter who gets it first as long as you get it?
can depend on myriad factors like the embassy concerned etc

Then, you should be following the instructions that were linked to your selection letter, which along with all the other info, includes the documents you need for the interview (see relevant page below, you may want to double check the rest of them to make sure you haven’t missed anything else). Be sure to check the specific link for the embassy you will be interviewing at as some have embassy-specific requirements.

H
Hi, I have a Question? In the interview, the counselor officer issued 221g to submit the police report and they have taken the original passport also what are the chances of getting the visa approval for this case. and counselor officer said all other documents are fine.
Hello friend , did your visa was issued? Best

Guys, my interview date is July 25th, and I received the notification 2 days ago. Today, I tried to schedule my medical exam but the clinic approved by the embassy in my city doesn't have any openings until August 15th! What do I do?