• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi everyone

had my interview today in Paris and like @French_Ellie , the CO asked as particularly same questions
At the end he said as congratulations and you will receive yours visas in few days

Actually in Ceac tracker, we are on AP
Is that normal?

thanks everyone
How long does it take in AP

Hello,

Just had my interview this morning in Paris, and all went well.
I arrived 20 minutes before my appointment time (as requested by the embassy) and went through two security checkpoints. Then went through a first desk where I got asked for my passport, photos, DS confirmation page, police certificates and sealed medical enceloppe. I was then given these documents back and sent to a different desk to pay the $330 fee (payable by cash in dollars or euros, or by Visa/MasterCard/AmericanExpress in dollars) before joining the queue for immigrant visa.

The next desk was where all documents were collected and general informations checked (name, address, contact details,…). On top of the documents already presented to the front desk I was asked to provide:
- birth certificate (in French, not translated)
- the confirmation page that I requested my passport mailed back to me (as opposed to being made avalaible in the embassy’s collection boxes in Paris)
- original and copies of all my diplomas (high school and higher education, plus professional qualifications)
I was then asked to take a seat in the waiting room until the CO called me.

The CO called me and asked me:
- in which countries I had lived
- if I was married or had children
- what my highest level of education was
- if I had ever had ever been arrested or been in trouble with the justice
- what visa I had previously traveled to the US with
- if I had always complied with the conditions of my visa (no overstay,…)
- what I was currently doing for a living
- if I was planning on doing the same in the US
She then asked me if I had any questions for her, so asked a couple a things I had in mind (especially regarding waiting until I can move in June to enter the US as opposed to taking a short weekend trip before that to activate my visa ahead of time… she recommended to wait).
She then said all was good on her end, that they just had to wait for approval from the US to print the visa, and that I would be sent my passport back with the visa inside within a couple of weeks.

I was not asked anything regarding how I was planning to support myself in the US (I didn’t submit an affidavit of support, and wasn’t asked to present any bank statements).

Overall, I was done at the embassy in about 2 hours, and by the time I got out of the embassy and turned my phone back on, the status of my case on ceac website had been changed to AP.

Case Number: EU14xx
DS260: May 11, 2021
Embassy: Paris, France
Congratulation and all the best for future in USA!

The information you shares is so much in details. Thank you very much.

You said "I was not asked anything regarding how I was planning to support myself in the US (I didn’t submit an affidavit of support, and wasn’t asked to present any bank statements)." This means that 'affidavit of support' or 'bank statements' were not mentioned in the list of documents which embassy has emailed to you with 2NL?

Congratulation and all the best for future in USA!

The information you shares is so much in details. Thank you very much.

You said "I was not asked anything regarding how I was planning to support myself in the US (I didn’t submit an affidavit of support, and wasn’t asked to present any bank statements)." This means that 'affidavit of support' or 'bank statements' were not mentioned in the list of documents which embassy has emailed to you with 2NL?

Actually, the embassy never emailed me a list of documents to bring. They only emailed me the following message the afternoon before my interview:
Dear Applicant,

If you’re receiving this email, you have an interview at the Embassy of the United States in Paris, France on January 12th, 2022. We’d like to remind you of a few things.

1. Please arrive at least 20 minutes early to your scheduled interview.

2. Please bring original documents or certified copies. Photocopies for almost all documents cannot be accepted.

3. Please ensure that you have updated your electronic DS-260 or DS-160 prior to your arrival at the Embassy. Old DS forms may delay the issuance of your visa.

4. Please do not bring your laptop to the Embassy. You may bring your phone, but it will be stored in a locked box. Both items are not allowed inside the building.

5. If you’re a resident of Portugal, please purchase your 2kg Chronopost Envelope Europe/Portugal prior to entering the Embassy.

Thank you for patience in this matter,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Paris
So I prepared the best I could based on the info I found on travel.state.gov, on the embassy’s website, and online.

I still didn't submit the DS260 since I have one of the highest EU CN. When I started the DS260, at the beginning of it there was a question to confirm the Embassy where I want to have my interview, as well as, there was a drop down list with all other Embassies which I was able to choose if I didn't want to go with the preselected one. Now when I log in to the DS260 that question seems to have disappeared. Anyone knows why? That's 1. I chose the preselected Embassy, which is in another country from my current one. If I put my current address, will I have my interview in the Embassy I chose or will it be in the country of my current address from the DS260? That's 2. Thank you very much for your help!

I still didn't submit the DS260 since I have one of the highest EU CN. When I started the DS260, at the beginning of it there was a question to confirm the Embassy where I want to have my interview, as well as, there was a drop down list with all other Embassies which I was able to choose if I didn't want to go with the preselected one. Now when I log in to the DS260 that question seems to have disappeared. Anyone knows why? That's 1. I chose the preselected Embassy, which is in another country from my current one. If I put my current address, will I have my interview in the Embassy I chose or will it be in the country of my current address from the DS260? That's 2. Thank you very much for your help!
they will assign you to the country of your current residence from your ds260, so maybe they just removed this field recently, as it was useless anyway...

You
You can change at the review section. Last part of it. Try changing it before submitting just to be super safe.

The thing is, I would like to have an interview at the proposed Embassy, at country A, but at the moment I live in another country B.

I'm not sure if I'll still be in the country B when the interview comes.

That's why I'd like the proposed and accepted Embassy and its country A to remain valid, even though further in the DS260 I'd put the current address in the country B.

Hello guys
I was a Dvlottery winner for fiscal year 2020, my friend got his chance this year. He is in Ethiopia with very low case number 2020AF2xxx and the US embassy is closed, and no one knows when things s will restart . He asked me if he change his interview location to neighboring country like Kenya. He already send his DS260 and also send his document even tough they didn’t ask him to send his documents but still he didn’t receive any response from KCC confirm that they got documents.
What is the best way to change his interview location. Is it necessary to open his ds260.
Thanks

Thank you for the detailed information again.

This means all embassies do not send list of documents to be carried to the interview. Someone has mentioned last week in this forum that Bucharest embassy had sent an email after 2NL with list of documents to be carried for the interview where affidavit of support or bank statement were mentioned.

Hello guys,
I am a dv winner of 2022 no EU2xxx. I have filled ds260 form on June 30, 2021. I have given birth to a newborn on August, but I have not filled ds260 for my baby yet since KCC is processing the forms as we all know. Should I wait until I receive 2nl or I should have filled the form soon after birth? @Sm1smom thank you

Hello guys,
I am a dv winner of 2022 no EU2xxx. I have filled ds260 form on June 30, 2021. I have given birth to a newborn on August, but I have not filled ds260 for my baby yet since KCC is processing the forms as we all know. Should I wait until I receive 2nl or I should have filled the form soon after birth? @Sm1smom thank you
You should have unlocked your forms since then in order to update your info and create a separate DS260 form for your new born. It is not too late to do so now.

Hello guys
I was a Dvlottery winner for fiscal year 2020, my friend got his chance this year. He is in Ethiopia with very low case number 2020AF2xxx and the US embassy is closed, and no one knows when things s will restart . He asked me if he change his interview location to neighboring country like Kenya. He already send his DS260 and also send his document even tough they didn’t ask him to send his documents but still he didn’t receive any response from KCC confirm that they got documents.
What is the best way to change his interview location. Is it necessary to open his ds260.
Thanks
See this post