• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi,
My case number is OC1XXX but interview location is in Asia. I have an interview set down for Feb despite my case number not being current in the latest Visa Bulletin. Is this possible? I've emailed them to confirm that the interview is legitimate and they confirmed it. I just don't want to go through the expense of getting the medical and then have them cancel on me at the last moment. Any thoughts?
"I've emailed them to confirm that the interview is legitimate and they confirmed it."

Hello,

Just had my interview this morning in Paris, and all went well.
I arrived 20 minutes before my appointment time (as requested by the embassy) and went through two security checkpoints. Then went through a first desk where I got asked for my passport, photos, DS confirmation page, police certificates and sealed medical enceloppe. I was then given these documents back and sent to a different desk to pay the $330 fee (payable by cash in dollars or euros, or by Visa/MasterCard/AmericanExpress in dollars) before joining the queue for immigrant visa.

The next desk was where all documents were collected and general informations checked (name, address, contact details,…). On top of the documents already presented to the front desk I was asked to provide:
- birth certificate (in French, not translated)
- the confirmation page that I requested my passport mailed back to me (as opposed to being made avalaible in the embassy’s collection boxes in Paris)
- original and copies of all my diplomas (high school and higher education, plus professional qualifications)
I was then asked to take a seat in the waiting room until the CO called me.

The CO called me and asked me:
- in which countries I had lived
- if I was married or had children
- what my highest level of education was
- if I had ever had ever been arrested or been in trouble with the justice
- what visa I had previously traveled to the US with
- if I had always complied with the conditions of my visa (no overstay,…)
- what I was currently doing for a living
- if I was planning on doing the same in the US
She then asked me if I had any questions for her, so asked a couple a things I had in mind (especially regarding waiting until I can move in June to enter the US as opposed to taking a short weekend trip before that to activate my visa ahead of time… she recommended to wait).
She then said all was good on her end, that they just had to wait for approval from the US to print the visa, and that I would be sent my passport back with the visa inside within a couple of weeks.

I was not asked anything regarding how I was planning to support myself in the US (I didn’t submit an affidavit of support, and wasn’t asked to present any bank statements).

Overall, I was done at the embassy in about 2 hours, and by the time I got out of the embassy and turned my phone back on, the status of my case on ceac website had been changed to AP.

Case Number: EU14xx
DS260: May 11, 2021
Embassy: Paris, France

Hello,

I arrived 20 minutes before my appointment time (as requested by the embassy) and went through two security checkpoints. Then went through a first desk where I got asked for my passport, photos, DS confirmation page, police certificates and sealed medical enceloppe. I was then given these documents back and sent to a different desk to pay the $330 fee (payable by cash in dollars or euros, or by Visa/MasterCard/AmericanExpress in dollars) before joining the queue for immigrant visa.

The next desk was where all documents were collected and general informations checked (name, address, contact details,…). On top of the documents already presented to the front desk I was asked to provide:
- the confirmation page that I requested my passport mailed back to me (as opposed to being made avalaible in the embassy’s collection boxes in Paris)
- original and copies of all my diplomas (high school and higher education, plus professional qualifications)

She then asked me if I had any questions for her, so asked a couple a things I had in mind (especially regarding waiting until I can move in June to enter the US as opposed to taking a short weekend trip before that to activate my visa ahead of time… she recommended to wait).
She then said all was good on her end, that they just had to wait for approval from the US to print the visa, and that I would be sent my passport back with the visa inside within a couple of weeks.

I was not asked anything regarding how I was planning to support myself in the US (I didn’t submit an affidavit of support, and wasn’t asked to present any bank statements).

Overall, I was done at the embassy in about 2 hours, and by the time I got out of the embassy and turned my phone back on, the status of my case on ceac website had been changed to AP.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience!

Hello,

Congratulations, and thanks for the info

مرحبا. Iam dv 22. رقم حالتي هو AF100 ×× أنا من المغرب ، أرسل ds 260 و ds260 من عائلتي في 24 يونيو ، لكن حتى هذا الوقت لم تتم معالجة ds 260 الخاص بي ، لم أتلق التأكيد من kcc.
حالتي numbr جارية لنشرة التأشيرة لشهر ديسمبر 2021.
صhelp me

Congratulations! Please do not wait until last minute to activate your visa. Lawyers been recommending to travel asap, because no one knows what may happen.

This is a tricky decision for me to make, as my current work schedule makes it very difficult for me to travel to the US before June, even if I was flying over just to activate the visa, without even leaving the airport…
Moreover, I need to look into the implications of activating my LPR status while I am still working in France (problem I won’t have in June anymore, as my contract ends in May).

This is a tricky decision for me to make, as my current work schedule makes it very difficult for me to travel to the US before June, even if I was flying over just to activate the visa, without even leaving the airport…
Moreover, I need to look into the implications of activating my LPR status while I am still working in France (problem I won’t have in June anymore, as my contract ends in May).
What are the implications of activating the LPR status while still working in another country? Do you have to pay tax twice?

مرحبا. Iam dv 22. رقم حالتي هو AF100 ×× أنا من المغرب ، أرسل ds 260 و ds260 من عائلتي في 24 يونيو ، لكن حتى هذا الوقت لم تتم معالجة ds 260 الخاص بي ، لم أتلق التأكيد من kcc.
حالتي numbr جارية لنشرة التأشيرة لشهر ديسمبر 2021.
صhelp me
Post in English only please.

Hello
I have a question regarding ceac visa application status. My status at NVC.
The website savediversityvisa it shows the embassy which i should have interview ready cases number around 170.
Does it mean my case not ready yet?
My CNEU11XX
Thanks

There are no implications, at least from the US side. This is precisely what several people have done in the past. It used to be once the passport has been received with the IV stamped on it, one could breathe easy and wait as long as legally possible (just before visa expiration) before activating the immigrant visa. Well, COVID-19 outbreak has clearly demonstrated that may not be a wise choice any more. Borders could be closed at time, some DV2020 selectees learnt this the hard way. That is why lawyers are recommending activating that LPR status ASAP once the passport has been received with the IV in it.

Hello,

Congratulations!
This is great news and thank you for sharing your experience with us.
As for me, I am waiting for the interview date because my case is noted as ready.
It's such a long wait! But I am patient, I have been patient until now so a few more weeks or months...
Anyway, I wish you all the best for the future.

Hi everyone

had my interview today in Paris and like @French_Ellie , the CO asked as particularly same questions
At the end he said as congratulations and you will receive yours visas in few days

Actually in Ceac tracker, we are on AP
Is that normal?

thanks everyone
Congratulations!
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
This is really important and useful for those who are waiting or getting ready for their interview.
I wish you all the best for the future.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your DS-260 has been processed. You should have received, or will soon receive, an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing. Please follow the instructions in the email. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive a notification via email to check dvprogram.state.gov.

Hi, All the above email was received from KCC on 29th Dec 2021 after we inquire about the interview date. when we can expect the interview date our case ASXXXX11XX

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your DS-260 has been processed. You should have received, or will soon receive, an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing. Please follow the instructions in the email. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive a notification via email to check dvprogram.state.gov.

Hi, All the above email was received from KCC on 29th Dec 2021 after we inquire about the interview date. when we can expect the interview date our case ASXXXX11XX
After inquiry about case they sent me same email.
Have you checked ceac visa application status? Does it show Case at NVC? when case ready interview or sent to embassy applicants getting Ready for Scheduling email from KCC.