• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Can you please share list of documents you carried for interview?
specially police, court and prison records?
and financial docs?
Birth certi
Marriage certi
Police record
Medical results
High school completion certi
University degree
And some additional documents but not submitted.

NB.
Have all documents that supports the above stated documents with you besides the required ones

Last edited:
So it's January 2022 now, how does a consulate order the applicants for interviews? Assuming the applicants have received the "Ready for Scheduling" email:
a) Do they favour interview applicants from their own region? i.e. How would Paris office choose between applicants AF6800 vs. EU6900? (Both became current in December 2021, but note that Paris is in the EU region, but AF6800 has lower case number)
b) Do they interview applicants who have the earlier month of becoming current or the lower case number? i.e. How would Paris office choose between applicants AF5200 (current in November) vs. OC440 (current in December)?
Assume all the above applicants have legitimately selected Paris as the office for the interview, and it's January 2022.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I just want to share my experience with you.

We had our interview at the embassy this Tuesday and our visa got approved!the interview was very easy and the consul asked my husband and I about our previous jobs in different countries, where we are planning to stay in America, in which area we will want to work! At the end he gave us the original documents back and he kept our passports telling us they will return it in 2-3 days with our visas on.
For the medical exam we had to do a chest x ray, blood samples and a vaccine for tetanus and flu!
We had to present out covid vaccination and all the vaccines we had when we were younger!
The fee was around $200 for the medical and at the embassy we paid $330!
The visa is now valid for 6 months( the same period of time as the medical exam)!
At the embassy only the main winner is required to show the high school diploma in original and copies!
We had to show financial support documents such as bank statements, birth certificates, marriage certificates, police checks from all countries where we lived with translations as well and the sealed envelopes with the medical results!

thank you all for your help and wish you good luck with your visas!
Many Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your experience of interview. It is so much informative. Any questions in the interview regarding lower limit of financial capacity? Do they have any cut-off limit for liquid funds availability?

Thanx.

Birth certi
Marriage certi
Police record
Medical results
High school completion certi
University degree
And some additional documents but not submitted.

NB.
Have all documents that supports the above stated documents with you besides the required ones
Than you very much!

So it's January 2022 now, how does a consulate order the applicants for interviews? Assuming the applicants have received the "Ready for Scheduling" email:
a) Do they favour interview applicants from their own region? i.e. How would Paris office choose between applicants AF6800 vs. EU6900? (Both became current in December 2021, but note that Paris is in the EU region, but AF6800 has lower case number)
b) Do they interview applicants who have the earlier month of becoming current or the lower case number? i.e. How would Paris office choose between applicants AF5200 (current in November) vs. OC440 (current in December)?
Assume all the above applicants have legitimately selected Paris as the office for the interview, and it's January 2022.
DQ date.

Hello all !

Thanks for all you help !

just realised i forgotnto include a trip i did in Thailand back in 2018 (i've traveled quite substantively in the last 5 years...so completely slipped my mind). I haven't received the email yet requesting for documents. Do you think i should unlock my DS-260 to include that missing information ?

Many Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your experience of interview. It is so much informative. Any questions in the interview regarding lower limit of financial capacity? Do they have any cut-off limit for liquid funds availability?

Thanx.
To be honest they did not say anything about a limit. I had a look on the ucis website on how much money a sponsor should have to sponsor 2 people. I used it as a guide because I could not find anywhere on how much money we should have in the account. On the ucis I found that almost 23 k should be enough for people not to become public charges for the government. We showed that amount in the account.

I really don’t want to give false information but this is all I could find on the internet.

Maybe someone else could help us with the exact amount of how much money people should show in the account?

To be honest they did not say anything about a limit. I had a look on the ucis website on how much money a sponsor should have to sponsor 2 people. I used it as a guide because I could not find anywhere on how much money we should have in the account. On the ucis I found that almost 23 k should be enough for people not to become public charges for the government. We showed that amount in the account.

I really don’t want to give false information but this is all I could find on the internet.

Maybe someone else could help us with the exact amount of how much money people should show in the account?
Hello
Where can we see that we can be asked for a bank statement or any other financial document?
I didn't think we needed such documents for the DV visa. Are there any other documents that may be requested?

Hello
Where can we see that we can be asked for a bank statement or any other financial document?
I didn't think we needed such documents for the DV visa. Are there any other documents that may be requested?
They asked for financial documents and or sponsor form in the email that I received from the embassy. The embassy will email you a list with the documents you need to present at the interview!

Thank you for your clarification. Is this the 2NL?
No! After we received the date for the interview the embassy sent us an email with all the details for the interview: date and place for the interview, their address and phone no and the list with all documents and they asked us to confirm our presence at the interview!
I am not sure if the process is the same in all countries!

No! After we received the date for the interview the embassy sent us an email with all the details for the interview: date and place for the interview, their address and phone no and the list with all documents and they asked us to confirm our presence at the interview!
Did they ask you to send them the documents by email before the interview? Or did they just say bring them on the interview date?

Also, how long after 2nl, did you get the email?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Best of luck for your journey and life in USA!

Thank you. I understand better. But it's unusual to get an email after the 2NL. I haven't heard that in the comments yet. Maybe it's specific to your embassy.

Did they ask you to send them the documents by email before the interview? Or did they just say bring them on the interview date?

Also, how long after 2nl, did you get the email?
They said to bring the docs at the interview and to email a copy of passports in case we changed it. We did not change the passports so we did not email anything. We only replied to confirm the presence. It was around 2 weeks after we received the 2nl. They were not quick.

By that time we already scheduled the medical exam and prepared the docs(we looked on travelstate.gov to see what documents we need). We had no idea the embassy will email us later.

Thank you. I understand better. But it's unusual to get an email after the 2NL. I haven't heard that in the comments yet. Maybe it's specific to your embassy.
Also, I forgot to mention that we had to create an account online with our profile and there we paid $15,73 each for fedex for to deliver the passports back. The fedex service is free if they have a fedex office in your city and you can just go there to pick up the passports. In our case the nearest fedex office was like 200km away so we paid the fee. Also, we showed the proof that we paid the fee at the interview.
When we created the accounts we received a unique number of identification and with that number we paid the fedex fee.