• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has traveled into the USA on an ESTA after submitting their DS260 and were there any issues? My ESTA was approved before I won the DV lottery and submitted my DS260, and is still current.

Just wondering if there is a potential for issues as it will flag on my ESTA, or is it only an issue when people try to get an NIV after submitting DS260? Regardless I will have all documents with me to prove onwards travel, work in another country and other strong ties but just wanting to get a heads up on potential issues on entry.

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers,

Morgan
Last mounth I went to Newjersey, CBP never asked anything about DV, DS-260 or similar subject. Feel free

Hey Sabrina, could you please share with me in my Telegram account, the same username as the user in this forums, if you would like about how was your interview today so far in the US. Embassy in Riyadh ? I would like to hear from you, if you would and thanks.
As far as I know, the police certificate is valid for two years. The certificate in Saudi Arabia is valid for three months but Brit Simon says the embassy accepts the police certificate even if it is one year old.

Hey Sabrina, could you please share with me in my Telegram account, the same username as the user in this forums, if you would like about how was your interview today so far in the US. Embassy in Riyadh ? I would like to hear from you, if you would and thanks.
Yes me too please

Thanks for the response. It might be, but unfortunately that system wasn't in place when I went to school, so I don't have it... I'll have to see what I can get from the University
Hello, so looks like I'm in a bit of a bind here. I've been in touch with my University to see if I can get replacement graduation certificates ahead of my interview but, because it's NZ, they're all in lockdown and are unable to issue anything in the near future... which is obviously a problem. I have requested my high school Sixth Form certificate (which was year 12 in the older system there) where I studied and passed 4 subjects. Does anyone know if this is sufficient? I may also have to look into the employment route but that will be a close call as well. Should I postpone my interview until I'm able to get the certificates?

I'd really appreciate any advice if anyone has any...

Hello, so looks like I'm in a bit of a bind here. I've been in touch with my University to see if I can get replacement graduation certificates ahead of my interview but, because it's NZ, they're all in lockdown and are unable to issue anything in the near future... which is obviously a problem. I have requested my high school Sixth Form certificate (which was year 12 in the older system there) where I studied and passed 4 subjects. Does anyone know if this is sufficient? I may also have to look into the employment route but that will be a close call as well. Should I postpone my interview until I'm able to get the certificates?

You have to show you meet the eligibility requirement by 30th September. Definitely go to the interview.

You have to show you meet the eligibility requirement by 30th September. Definitely go to the interview.
Yeah, I’m also interested in knowing what “you have to show the eligibility requirement by 30th September” means. Care to clarify this?

Whatever else you do, do not postpone your interview, you’re not guaranteed of another slot.

Yeah, I’m also interested in knowing what “you have to show the eligibility requirement by 30th September” means. Care to clarify this?
Yes, I was referring to FAM. By 30th September I meant enf of fiscal year if there are visas still available by then.

(U) High School Education or Equivalent:

(1) (U) You must adjudicate the DV applicant’s qualifications under this requirement. This information is not needed to enter the DV lottery or apply for a visa under the DV program but the applicant must meet this requirement by the end of the fiscal year in which selected. If the applicant does not meet the requirement at the time of the visa interview, then the applicant is not eligible as a DV immigrant under INA 203(c)(2) and the proper basis for refusing the case is under INA 203(c). If the applicant presents evidence of completion of high school before the end of the fiscal year, and visas are still available for the region, you may overcome the refusal.

OK, thanks for that. I'll just have to do the best I can to get as many documents as possible together before the interview date.
Read the FAM instructions carefully. That's what the CO looking at. It'll help you figure it out and I guess there's plenty of time to get your education certificate. Maybe you can have other documents showing your qualification.

Evidence might consist of a certificate of completion equivalent to a United States diploma, school transcripts, or other evidence issued by the person or organization responsible for maintaining such records, which specify the completed course of study.

Also, generally speaking overprepare as much as you can, I'd say for both qualification routes

Read the FAM instructions carefully. That's what the CO looking at. It'll help you figure it out and I guess there's plenty of time to get your education certificate. Maybe you can have other documents showing your qualification.

Evidence might consist of a certificate of completion equivalent to a United States diploma, school transcripts, or other evidence issued by the person or organization responsible for maintaining such records, which specify the completed course of study.

Also, generally speaking overprepare as much as you can, I'd say for both qualification routes
LRennes has interview in a month, that rule does not quite apply to her and only brings confusion imho

LRennes has interview in a month, that rule does not quite apply to her and only brings confusion imho
The rule doesn't apply to her. Could you please elaborate? This will help me and of course him/her.
The FAM says they have to show educational eligibility by the end of fiscal year if there's visa left. So, my understanding is he/she goes to the interview and explains to the CO with all the docs he/she has. Worst case If officer isn't satisfied he/she will tell her what documents to get.

I'm not being offensive. I just wanna know which part of my reasoning is wrong and am sure willl help him/her.

Thank you in advance

The rule doesn't apply to her. Could you please elaborate? This will help me and of course him/her.
The FAM says they have to show educational eligibility by the end of fiscal year if there's visa left. So, my understanding is he/she goes to the interview and explains to the CO with all the docs he/she has. Worst case If officer isn't satisfied he/she will tell her what documents to get.

I'm not being offensive. I just wanna know which part of my reasoning is wrong and am sure willl help him/her.

Thank you in advance
Sorry if I sounded rude too, didnt mean to, should have elaborated.

Generally speaking (tho please free to correct) that rule talks about "options with getting a visa", in LRennes case given the fact that interview is in a month its generally advised NOT to reschedule, as that can greatly decrease chances.
Sm1smom also advised above NOT to reschedule.

The "show education eligibility" is like a "you must get the visa before the end of the fiscal year" rule. Not sure if my explanation makes sense?

Thanks for the info. I've read the FAM info already and believe I should be able to qualify with my Secondary School certification (assuming it arrives on time). I have digital copies of things so I'll gather as much as I can. Ideally I would prefer to have as many original certifications as possible, but what will be will be I guess.

Sorry if I sounded rude too, didnt mean to, should have elaborated.

Generally speaking (tho please free to correct) that rule talks about "options with getting a visa", in LRennes case given the fact that interview is in a month its generally advised NOT to reschedule, as that can greatly decrease chances.
Sm1smom also advised above NOT to reschedule.

The "show education eligibility" is like a "you must get the visa before the end of the fiscal year" rule. Not sure if my explanation makes sense?

Cheers LondonGeo, I'll just gather what I can and hope it's enough to satisfy them.

I also said to definitely go to the interview in my first reply.

I think your understanding of FAM is wrong. My understanding is people have to get a visa before the FY or they run out. Unless there's a serious entry/security problem (e.g. not entering spouse in the initial entry), then most of all refusals can be overcome. Here's the same thing.

Let's say an 18 year old graduates from high school in July. They get an interview in January. They can go to the interview, get a refusal saying they don't meet the requirement ,and then overcome it by sending their certificate in July. This is not the same deal with LRenees.

I think worst case scenario for LRenees is the 221g, where the officer will ask for the missing document and he/she has to provide it in time

I also said to definitely go to the interview in my first reply.

I think your understanding of FAM is wrong. My understanding is people have to get a visa before the FY or they run out. Unless there's a serious entry/security problem (e.g. not entering spouse in the initial entry), then most of all refusals can be overcome. Here's the same thing.

Let's say an 18 year old graduates from high school in July. They get an interview in January. They can go to the interview, get a refusal saying they don't meet the requirement ,and then overcome it by sending their certificate in July. This is not the same deal with LRenees.

I think worst case scenario for LRenees is the 221g, where the officer will ask for the missing document and he/she has to provide it in time
Hm, that is interesting and I dont want to give misleading info so prob better for someone more knowledgable to clarify.