• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

I'm in the grope no DR or DQ or 2NL even in my country!!!!
Did KCC stop!? what's happening?
Bad news guys... unconfirmed:

HMqbtYuw_normal.jpg

Curtis Morrison

@curtisatlaw

Just heard a IV Chief of a US Consulate reveal that NVC has had "systems issues" related to scheduling interviews since early fall that are not expected to be resolved before February or March.

Plus no solid proof yet
I imagine the only possible problem from this would be in a couple of months, when courts get filled up with other immigration lawsuits in addition to DV ones. The problem with DV now is that the KCC is not doing their job.

Last edited:
I imagine the only possible problem from this would be in a couple of months, when courts get filled up with other immigration lawsuits in addition to DV ones. The problem with DV now is that the KCC is not doing their job.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it doesn't matter if courts get filled up, as it generally takes a long time to process a case?

4 days and still nothing at all!

Sm1smom

Did this happen last year with dv21 where KCC stopped sending any DR, DQ, or 2nl? did you see it?

Thank you

Hello,

So, for those who are not in the telegram group, something drastic is happening. After a lull of 4 days where no DR/DQ was received, about an hour ago many 2NLs started coming in for Ukraine winners. There doesnt seem to be a pattern as yet. Some had not submitted docs, some had submitted DS in July, some had NOT got even DR or DQ and most strangely a few cases were above the VB cut-off. Simon has tweeted somewhat related to this and i hope he can explain what is happeining.

Sharing here so that if someone else also got such surprises let us know.

Hello,

So, for those who are not in the telegram group, something drastic is happening. After a lull of 4 days where no DR/DQ was received, about an hour ago many 2NLs started coming in for Ukraine winners. There doesnt seem to be a pattern as yet. Some had not submitted docs, some had submitted DS in July, some had NOT got even DR or DQ and most strangely a few cases were above the VB cut-off. Simon has tweeted somewhat related to this and i hope he can explain what is happeining.

Were they scheduled for January or February?

Hello,

Yes. The process itself or the way they're doing it does seem to have changed. We could have a much more accurate image in the coming weeks once there's more data coming in. It's still early on, but there could be some changes. Hopefully not an anomaly just because of the possible Ukraine-Russia conflict or some temporary system issues.

Good. However they did not explain if they will still process DS260 based on submittion date. If that is the case there will still be backlogs as interviews are scheduled based on CN, so it can happen that bunch of DS260 for high CN will be processed before lower ones without interviews being scheduled (unless all regions go current).

Good. However they did not explain if they will still process DS260 based on submittion date. If that is the case there will still be backlogs as interviews are scheduled based on CN, so it can happen that bunch of DS260 for high CN will be processed before lower ones without interviews being scheduled (unless all regions go current).
Right, but this also means the team that is in charge of reviewing the documents can now work on processing DS-260s. Pretty sure they will be processed and submitted to the embassies quickly.

It took them October, November, half of September and half of December to finish May submissions, which is three months. May submissions account for 30-50 percent of all submissions or I'm sure half of all the submissions made prior to the fiscal year. The DQ team could come up and help them with the DS processing. This means they could get through DS backlog by end of February at the latest.

Unless there's a new covid variant which evades vaccines, I think it's safe to say all regions will not go current. There will be the effect of not 100% embassy capacities and the backlog of people already current on visa bulletin which remains to be seen.

Another point, if they schedule people in the coming months, and crazy numbers don't show up, they could bring it back later in the program in some shape or form. They've warned about this jn the last line.