• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

I also want to point about that I don't think KCC will change their work direction, they will continue working on DS date, First in first out (FIFO).

This reference is from our country embassy you can find it here.

ff.PNG

Reactions: TWI
Also it mentions cases which are DQ already.

If KCC DQs people by CN order then it's pretty much aligned.

Last edited:
Reactions: TWI
Also it mentions cases which are DQ already.

If KCC DQs people by CN order then it's pretty much aligned.
sadly they are not DQ by CN

What I wanted to point out is interviews are on who got DQ early in the current VB not by CN, really for dv22 your CN does not matter that much

Which we also have an example for that in my country.

2022AF00033XXX ,

DS submited on June 14th
I sent Documents on November 21St without being asked based.
December 1st , Got email today saying :

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Kentucky Consular Center has received your documents. Please allow time for processing of your documents. Documents are processed in numerical order, based on lottery rank number. Once KCC has processed your documents, we will let you know if anything is missing or if we have received everything needed.

Your analysis and opinion matters

2022AF00033XXX ,

DS submited on June 14th
I sent Documents on November 21St without being asked based.
December 1st , Got email today saying :

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Kentucky Consular Center has received your documents. Please allow time for processing of your documents. Documents are processed in numerical order, based on lottery rank number. Once KCC has processed your documents, we will let you know if anything is missing or if we have received everything needed.

Your analysis and opinion matters
copy-paste response does not mean anything, you'll get DR when they get to June 14.

Now they are on 26 May and they might start 27 May on Monday

My CNEU11xx i submitted ds260 May26 and resubmitted August 10 have not get DR yet.my understanding from other applicants KCC consider resubmission date. Sent my doc sept 21 without asking.
2 days ago i asked KCC about my DS they respond was your Form received and currently processing and also explaining how send documents
Should i send documents again ?
Thanks

I also want to point about that I don't think KCC will change their work direction, they will continue working on DS date, First in first out (FIFO).

This reference is from our country embassy you can find it here.

View attachment 3211

This FIFO rule refers to DQ date. This is thoroughly explained in court declarations, and observed in previous years.

Nonsense.
Could you please elaborate.
1) Unless there's a lawsuit, KCC will shift work from May for 2023?
2) What about the Documents processing? Will it shift from May or July/August?
3) Also, will they DQ people based on embassy capacity whilst also going by CN?

Yes, I want to point on something here, we think the DQ is according to a country not like DR which is on DS.

Why I'm saying that?

Well I'm from Jordan and we have some people who are Jordanian studying in Turkey, KCC gave them DQ even though there are people with a lower case numbers and an early DR than them in my country.

But it looks like it depends on the country because KCC was sending a lot of Turkish DQ and they give them DQ along with them.

It's all a theory, any note or brainstorm idea would be great.

1. You should not make assumptions based on one case.
2. Yes there are differences from country to country based on documentation standards, government cooperation and capabilities and so on.
3. Cases process at different speeds based on the complexity of the case.

Could you please elaborate.
1) Unless there's a lawsuit, KCC will shift work from May for 2023?
2) What about the Documents processing? Will it shift from May or July/August?
3) Also, will they DQ people based on embassy capacity whilst also going by CN?

Future lawsuits could change things of course, but in a normal year we see DR and DQ continuously starting from May. The fact that it didn't happen for DV2022 is NOT normal - but of course if that is all someone has seen, they might think that is "normal". It's not that they stop processing the running year, but they should work on both years - otherwise we see months like October and November this year where almost no interviews were held.

Now lawsuits could change things, so could new Covid impacts. We'll have to wait and see.

OC21XX. Currently on E3 visa living in US. Traveling to Mexico early next year. Wanting to confirm sequencing please, if anyone can confirm I would be very appreciative.

Had read not to submit DS260 until back in the country in January, as my number is high anyway. Must I stay in the US after I submit my DS260 so that my I94 date of entry remains constant?

Wanting to get DQ asap in case it becomes relevant later next year. Should I have already submitted DS260? Can I do it now before I travel to Mexico and then change my submission later? TY.

OC21XX. Currently on E3 visa living in US. Traveling to Mexico early next year. Wanting to confirm sequencing please, if anyone can confirm I would be very appreciative.

Had read not to submit DS260 until back in the country in January, as my number is high anyway. Must I stay in the US after I submit my DS260 so that my I94 date of entry remains constant?

Wanting to get DQ asap in case it becomes relevant later next year. Should I have already submitted DS260? Can I do it now before I travel to Mexico and then change my submission later? TY.

You are really confused.

There are two methods of processing - CP (consular processing) or AOS (Adjustment of Status).

The latter method is available to those that are in the USA on some non immigrant visa (NIV). If you plan that method, then the DS260 submission is optional (but recommended), DQ is non existent, and you can only file once you are current. However, you only file the I-485 package once you see your number becomes current (is under the advanced notice VB number). You can file the I-485 and DS260 at the same time to get the advantage of submitting the DS260.

If on the other hand you plan to process under CP, you should (arguably) already have submitted your DS260 because date of DQ is important. However in that case an I-94 record is irrelevant.

Now - because of your high number there is a "risk" of CP in that you have to submit the DS260 (and documents) well ahead of being current and doing so declares "immigrant intent". That can cause difficulties in future NIV applications. So - you should be aware of that.

So - first of all, decide what method you want to process by.

About Mexico - in your case that has zero impact either way.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has traveled into the USA on an ESTA after submitting their DS260 and were there any issues? My ESTA was approved before I won the DV lottery and submitted my DS260, and is still current.

Just wondering if there is a potential for issues as it will flag on my ESTA, or is it only an issue when people try to get an NIV after submitting DS260? Regardless I will have all documents with me to prove onwards travel, work in another country and other strong ties but just wanting to get a heads up on potential issues on entry.

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers,

Morgan

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has traveled into the USA on an ESTA after submitting their DS260 and were there any issues? My ESTA was approved before I won the DV lottery and submitted my DS260, and is still current.

Just wondering if there is a potential for issues as it will flag on my ESTA, or is it only an issue when people try to get an NIV after submitting DS260? Regardless I will have all documents with me to prove onwards travel, work in another country and other strong ties but just wanting to get a heads up on potential issues on entry.

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers,

Morgan
Several selectees have successfully temporarily travelled to the US (be it on ESTA or B1/B2) after DS260 submission while waiting for their CP interview. Yes, CBP may ask about your immigrant intent based on the submitted DS260, you simply answer in the affirmative and explain your current visit is a temporary one, you plan on returning home to attend your CP interview. Be prepared to demonstrate compelling ties that requires you to go back home at the end of your visit.

Several selectees have successfully temporarily travelled to the US (be it on ESTA or B1/B2) after DS260 submission while waiting for their CP interview. Yes, CBP may ask about your immigrant intent based on the submitted DS260, you simply answer in the affirmative and explain your current visit is a temporary one, you plan on returning home to attend your CP interview. Be prepared to demonstrate compelling ties that requires you to go back home at the end of your visit.
Thank you Sm1smom, I appreciate the confirmation of successful entry after DS260 submission.

Hi Admins,
Based on your experience is kcc working in ds260 submitting date in the previous years ( normal year ) ?

best regards.

When should we expect 2nl to be sent out again in this December..I am DQ since Nov 10,and current since Nov,but no 2nl as of now.Asking KCC they just admit all(doc sent and DQ) but say interview scheddule numerically