• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Hi team, the “didn’t submit her documents a week prior” idiot here!

Just had my interview! The grumpy lady over email turned out to be a super nice lady in person. She just processed my documents for me there and then, paid my fee, very brief interview with only a few basic questions (are you married, do you have any kids, where in the US are you moving, who do you know there, and what is your job at the moment) and that was it! Then the big congratulations!
The consular officer was also SUPER nice. He did make a comment that “I came very prepared, well done” so I might make a separate comment later once I get home to Tauranga detailing everything I submitted. He seemed very happy with my documents so listing what I took might help others preparing for an interview in Auckland soon, just send them the week prior unlike me to avoid unnecessary stress lolol.

YALL I CANT BELIEVE IT, IM MOVING TO AMERICA!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!
Congratulations!! :) :)

Just had my interview! The grumpy lady over email turned out to be a super nice lady in person. She just processed my documents for me there and then, paid my fee, very brief interview with only a few basic questions (are you married, do you have any kids, where in the US are you moving, who do you know there, and what is your job at the moment) and that was it! Then the big congratulations!
The consular officer was also SUPER nice. He did make a comment that “I came very prepared, well done” so I might make a separate comment later once I get home to Tauranga detailing everything I submitted. He seemed very happy with my documents so listing what I took might help others preparing for an interview in Auckland soon, just send them the week prior unlike me to avoid unnecessary stress lolol.

Awesome result! Congratulations and good luck with everything.

That's awesome, so happy for you it all worked out. Yes I found them to be very friendly. The officer even played with my two kids while I was doing the fingerprints (have since had a third American-born kiddie)

So where are you moving to?

Random question is anyone aware of any case number OC18XX and above receiving the "your are ready to be schedule for an interview" email?
So far only aware of individuals in the 14XX to 16XX range.
I am suspecting that maybe it won't be current this month. (My individual conclusion)
Case no 18xx.I have received ready for scheduling email back in July last year.

So glad to hear it all worked out! Congrats
Thanks Susie!! Me too!! Still can’t believe I put myself through all that unnecessary stress lol I’m such an idiot. Thank god the people at the consulate are so nice.

I’ve got a bottle of champagne I’ve been holding onto for a rainy day, gonna crack that sucker open and celebrate!!

That's awesome, so happy for you it all worked out. Yes I found them to be very friendly. The officer even played with my two kids while I was doing the fingerprints (have since had a third American-born kiddie)

Yea they’re so nice huh. To be honest, it was a really nice end to a very stressful year, with covid, immigration bans, my own stupidity re: documents last week lol. I thought I’d be super anxious in there but they were so nice I just relaxed immediately. Great end to everything.

Moving to Arizona!! Fiancé, friends, in laws there. I love it, love the heat, the spikey mountains and cacti, Mars like scenery, it’s like the Wild West haha :) I’ve spent a lot of time there. Going to be amazing to arrive there, permanently this time. I tell you what, I’m absolutely dying for some Popeyes biscuits lol! :)

Yea they’re so nice huh. To be honest, it was a really nice end to a very stressful year, with covid, immigration bans, my own stupidity re: documents last week lol. I thought I’d be super anxious in there but they were so nice I just relaxed immediately. Great end to everything.

Moving to Arizona!! Fiancé, friends, in laws there. I love it, love the heat, the spikey mountains and cacti, Mars like scenery, it’s like the Wild West haha :) I’ve spent a lot of time there. Going to be amazing to arrive there, permanently this time. I tell you what, I’m absolutely dying for some Popeyes biscuits lol! :)
It IS the Wild West, haha! (We are actually doing a bit of a Wild West trip there later this year, tombstone, Bisbee etc)
what part of AZ? Everyone we know who’s lived there has loved it. We’ve only really spent time in the northern parts so far (Sedona, flagstaff etc, and grand canyon of course), all beautiful, and know a few people who live or have lived in Phoenix/Scottsdale and loved it.

It IS the Wild West, haha! (We are actually doing a bit of a Wild West trip there later this year, tombstone, Bisbee etc)
what part of AZ? Everyone we know who’s lived there has loved it. We’ve only really spent time in the northern parts so far (Sedona, flagstaff etc, and grand canyon of course), all beautiful, and know a few people who live or have lived in Phoenix/Scottsdale and loved it.
Planning on somewhere relatively central, but the rental market is absolutely MENTAL there at the moment so it will likely be a case of wherever I can afford (looking like Glendale at the moment) until I can buy in a few years.
I’m absolutely dying to see tombstone! And the canyon of course, Sedona, flagstaff all high up on my list! I really want to see Jerome the ghost town too, and it’s close to Maynard’s (Tool singer) winery as well. Also Pillsbury winery too! That’s another kiwi growing wine in AZ. So many cool places to visit! Arrghhh so excited! :)

Its today .I wish you well in your interview
Hi team!
I just signed up, wish I found this forum sooner lol! I’m OC10XX and have an interview scheduled Monday 19th April (5 sleeps to go eeeep). My question is, I haven’t received any communication from my consulate about the interview? I’m a little worried now, is this normal? I’m also wondering whether my junk mail ate it (I’ve tried searching my entire junk mail folder to no avail). Should I contact the consulate and let them know I haven’t received it?
Thanks in advance :)
Edit to add: Auckland consulate, if this helpIts

This is today .congratulations

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I’m so happy for you!! Pop that champagne. Keep us updated on the move : )

Congrats on your new baby @Bob22

Hi All,

I have medical (early May) and interview (late May) in Sydney and would love to hear of anyone's experiences/ feedback that may have or will have their medical and interview soon. I'll also share my experience from both, the more info the better =)

@AshleyMarleyNZ - congratulations and thanks for sharing. All the best with your move to the US =)

Hi All,

I have medical (early May) and interview (late May) in Sydney and would love to hear of anyone's experiences/ feedback that may have or will have their medical and interview soon. I'll also share my experience from both, the more info the better =)

@AshleyMarleyNZ - congratulations and thanks for sharing. All the best with your move to the US =)
The medical is pretty uneventful! Only thing that sticks out in my mind is: be prepared to wait forever lol. I was at the doctor for 2 hours 15 mins, thought I was gonna go mad hahaha. Saw the nurse first, took basic stats, basic eye test etc & pee test. Then waited for the doctor for a looong time. She then went through the questionnaire, felt my glands tummy listened to my heart checked reflexes etc. Then sent me on my way to pay, then get lung X-ray, then back to the nurse for blood test & vaccinations. $655 nzd. As I said nothing eventful, just took a super long time. If you’re working, take at least half a day off to accomodate lol.

Hi All,

Hello, Congrats!! I have not been through the process as yet but I would suggest making sure you go prepared to the medical by obtaining your medical records from your current medical centre. I am pretty sure there is a form you must complete and send in before you have your medical, I would call the centre to make sure you have this form (if you dont have it already).

In terms of the interview. I have heard having your docs organised and cash to pay for your visa is a good idea. I say cash because you dont want to rely on their debit card machine, in case there are issues with taking payments. I would also suggest going on to the SYD US consulate website to obtain instructions on what to bring to the interview. I would also take photocopies of EVERYTHING, just in case :)

Hope this helps! :p

Hi All,

Hi Sophia, has your case changed to "ready" or is it still on transit?

Have you gotten a confirmation email from the Sydney Consulate yet?

I was wrong. Everything and every region went CURRENT in this months visa Bulletin
travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2021/visa-bulletin-for-may-2021.html
Cant wait to see how this plays out.

EDIT: My mistake, all regions are current except the following countries: Nepal, Iran and Egypt

Last edited:
I was wrong. Everything and every region went CURRENT in this months visa Bulletin
travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2021/visa-bulletin-for-may-2021.html
Cant wait to see how this plays out.
Nope, “everything” did not go CURRENT - 3 countries are limited from being current.