• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

This is the issue doing it yourself, you can end up doing vaccines you don’t actually need. Not all of the vaccines on the list are applicable to every immigrant and the panel doctors will know which ones you can be waived for (example based on age, flu shot is seasonal, etc). We never had hep A done to my recollection. As ausjess27 lists, the vaccines covered by Tdap and MMR are the most important, flu shot seasonally, varicella waived if you’ve had chicken pox.
And no you definitely don’t need anything that isn’t on the list.
Hey Susie, I understand. One individual on the forum has claimed to have been told to go get records.

Post Link to Melbourne2021 Comment
On another note I had my medical the other day and I think I was too relaxed about the immunisation history stuff (just thinking they'd shoot me up with everything on the day) but instead the doctor has now sent me on a bit of a goose-chase to get more info that's pretty slow-going to get at the moment, so I doubt it will be completed by the time of the interview. Not a big deal though and probably serves me right haha.
As my case number is not yet current I do not want to add any more wait time.

Doctor has confirmed I am healthy and should have had some shots at 18 according to original paperwork (i.e. Meningococcal).
Blood test came back with me missing some as a child as well (chicken pox, and hep B)
Adding most vaccines are now combined, i.e. to receive Hep B it was combined with Hep A, cheaper then getting Hep B on its own.

This time it will all been on the government record (MyGov). For about ~500 dollars (total spend, inc blood work), I'm provided peace of mind.
Keeping in mind adults cant get vaccinated for Rotavirus or Hib as those are child only vaccinations.

Last edited:
Hi team!
I just signed up, wish I found this forum sooner lol! I’m OC10XX and have an interview scheduled Monday 19th April (5 sleeps to go eeeep). My question is, I haven’t received any communication from my consulate about the interview? I’m a little worried now, is this normal? I’m also wondering whether my junk mail ate it (I’ve tried searching my entire junk mail folder to no avail). Should I contact the consulate and let them know I haven’t received it?
Thanks in advance :)
Edit to add: Auckland consulate, if this helps.

Hi team!
I just signed up, wish I found this forum sooner lol! I’m OC10XX and have an interview scheduled Monday 19th April (5 sleeps to go eeeep). My question is, I haven’t received any communication from my consulate about the interview? I’m a little worried now, is this normal? I’m also wondering whether my junk mail ate it (I’ve tried searching my entire junk mail folder to no avail). Should I contact the consulate and let them know I haven’t received it?
Auckland Consulate has been very fast at responding to queries. Don't see the harm in calling or emailing them.

Thank you for the response, I emailed them this morning and they have responded telling me that unless I get my documents to them by 8.30am tomorrow morning (my interview is not until Monday) that my interview would be canceled. This is the email they sent me, I responded asking if I was able to bring them with me or reschedule my interview. I will update when I hear back.

“This would have been sent by the KCC when you were advised of your appointment being scheduled.

I am aware that the KCC did send this, as you have your appointment date as well as your medical has been received in our office. All of the other applicants scheduled for that day, have sent their documents in anticipation of the interview.

We are currently awaiting:

2 passport photos

Original and one photocopy of your education qualifications or ONet proof

Original an done photocopy of your birth certificate

Your New Zealand police certificate

Copy of your personal financial documents

CV/Resume

Large Self Addressed, foolscap, track and trace, courier envelope with Signature Required.

You will need to have all of the above documents to our office before 8.30am on Friday April 16 or the interview will be canceled.”

Thank you for the response, I emailed them this morning and they have responded telling me that unless I get my documents to them by 8.30am tomorrow morning (my interview is not until Monday) that my interview would be canceled. This is the email they sent me, I responded asking if I was able to bring them with me or reschedule my interview. I will update when I hear back.

“This would have been sent by the KCC when you were advised of your appointment being scheduled.

I am aware that the KCC did send this, as you have your appointment date as well as your medical has been received in our office. All of the other applicants scheduled for that day, have sent their documents in anticipation of the interview.

We are currently awaiting:

2 passport photos

Original and one photocopy of your education qualifications or ONet proof

Original an done photocopy of your birth certificate

Your New Zealand police certificate

Copy of your personal financial documents

CV/Resume

Large Self Addressed, foolscap, track and trace, courier envelope with Signature Required.

You will need to have all of the above documents to our office before 8.30am on Friday April 16 or the interview will be canceled.”
OMG - lucky you emailed them and hope you can get this sorted. I was also of the understanding that we were to take the verifying documents (originals etc) with is on the day of the interview..

OMG - lucky you emailed them and hope you can get this sorted. I was also of the understanding that we were to take the verifying documents (originals etc) with is on the day of the interview..
I agree, very lucky. I’ve thought a lot about their initial email and the following emails I’ve had since, and to be honest what they’ve said makes no sense. I’ve even spoke to other kiwis who have taken their documents the day of interview (as per official USCIS instructions) and that was not only fine but whats expected of them. One lady even forgot to take photocopies and they just photocopied them for her. Either they’ve entirely changed the process, or something weird is going on. It makes me wonder if KCC hasn’t forwarded my file to them. If they had, they’d already have the copy of my passport, birth cert, and police certificate. Us kiwis don’t actually get given a copy of an immigration police certificate, it’s emailed directly to the consulate who then forwards it to KCC. It also doesn’t make a lot of sense to expect a citizen to hand over their original hard copy passport and birth certificate to a foreign government for 2 weeks.

After a day of crying and crying and crying, I’ve asked them if I can please bring everything to the original scheduled appointment Monday morning , and we reschedule the interview then. Haven’t heard back since then so I will just turn up to my interview and just hope they allow me to progress with my visa. What an absolute nightmare huh!

I agree, very lucky. I’ve thought a lot about their initial email and the following emails I’ve had since, and to be honest what they’ve said makes no sense. I’ve even spoke to other kiwis who have taken their documents the day of interview (as per official USCIS instructions) and that was not only fine but whats expected of them. One lady even forgot to take photocopies and they just photocopied them for her. Either they’ve entirely changed the process, or something weird is going on. It makes me wonder if KCC hasn’t forwarded my file to them. If they had, they’d already have the copy of my passport, birth cert, and police certificate. Us kiwis don’t actually get given a copy of an immigration police certificate, it’s emailed directly to the consulate who then forwards it to KCC. It also doesn’t make a lot of sense to expect a citizen to hand over their original hard copy passport and birth certificate to a foreign government for 2 weeks.

After a day of crying and crying and crying, I’ve asked them if I can please bring everything to the original scheduled appointment Monday morning , and we reschedule the interview then. Haven’t heard back since then so I will just turn up to my interview and just hope they allow me to progress with my visa. What an absolute nightmare huh!
I’m sorry for this horrible shock. Embassies can and do change rules year to year (has anyone interviewed in Auckland this year yet for DV?) so yes it may be new. To play devils advocate:
- there are no “official uscis instructions“ for embassies. Each embassy has its own methods and procedures. Some only want them on day of, but there are an increasing number around the world who want documents ahead of the interview.
- now - the “submit supporting documents” page https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html tells you to check each embassy for embassy specific instructions. The link to the Auckland page from there does say that the documents need to be brought to the embassy the week before the interview https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...lements/Supplements_by_Post/ACK-Auckland.html However, this also says you can bring it any M-F 8-12 the week before - so not sure where the F 8:30am deadline comes from - and it also does not give the full DV list - so not sure if you can use this as an argument for some leeway in meeting their requirememts
- if you look at the list they gave you, they ask for things like passport photos and originals of documents which KCC did not have and could not forward, as well as things not required by KCC. You have to submit these anyway for the visa so yes it does “make sense” that they ask them for checking beforehand.

I’m assuming they are asking these in advance either to ensure applicants are serious about interview (in the past there were often no-shows), or to properly assess all relevant factors of the case ahead of interview, or both.

ok that’s the devils advocate stuff. Not intended to be harsh. But it’s not a “no sense“ request. (To anyone reading this, please make sure you check your own embassy page for specific instructions, which may be both different to other embassies and to itself in previous years.)

I’m also assuming you aren’t in Auckland already or could have done an emergency drive with all of that to the consulate. Hopefully you can get them to let you in Monday but if not, that you get it sorted out and get a reschedule. Luckily there is still plenty of time left in the FY and you are at a pretty quiet embassy so if you do need to reschedule, it shouldn’t be too difficult. Good luck.

Susie thank you for providing the link, it is very helpful. I hope everybody reads this and learns from this nightmare of a situation I got myself into. Unfortunately not in Auckland and making it there before 8.30am with everything prepared is not feasible. I’m hoping and praying they let me in on Monday so I can at least apologise to them and hand them my documents then. I will keep the thread posted on the outcome.

Auckland has required documentation before the interview for some time. This is not a new process for them. I believe they are the only location in Oceania that does that. I have had two experiences with them way back in 2004 and then 2019 and both times they wanted the documents before so it's not new.

Are you within a reasonable driving distance of Auckland?

They are a pretty quiet consulate so I would think they can reschedule you without too much drama. All the best.

Hi team!
Hi,
Just thought to ask, how long did it took from the time you received your congratulation email regarding "your are ready to be schedule for an interview" to receiving your interview date email.

Hi,
Just thought to ask, how long did it took from the time you received your congratulation email regarding "your are ready to be schedule for an interview" to receiving your interview date email.
Hiya,
I got my ready for scheduling email 22nd Feb, interview email/2NL was received 6th March. I was in the first round of interviews scheduled after the ban was removed. It all happened very quickly. But a lady I know who’s OC7XX has been ready for scheduling since mid last year and still hasn’t received her 2NL. Doesn’t seem like there’s any rhyme or reason to how KCC is processing at the moment, I think I just got very lucky with such an early appointment.

Random question is anyone aware of any case number OC18XX and above receiving the "your are ready to be schedule for an interview" email?
So far only aware of individuals in the 14XX to 16XX range.
I am suspecting that maybe it won't be current this month. (My individual conclusion)

Hi team, the “didn’t submit her documents a week prior” idiot here!

Just had my interview! The grumpy lady over email turned out to be a super nice lady in person. She just processed my documents for me there and then, paid my fee, very brief interview with only a few basic questions (are you married, do you have any kids, where in the US are you moving, who do you know there, and what is your job at the moment) and that was it! Then the big congratulations!
The consular officer was also SUPER nice. He did make a comment that “I came very prepared, well done” so I might make a separate comment later once I get home to Tauranga detailing everything I submitted. He seemed very happy with my documents so listing what I took might help others preparing for an interview in Auckland soon, just send them the week prior unlike me to avoid unnecessary stress lolol.

YALL I CANT BELIEVE IT, IM MOVING TO AMERICA!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!

Just had my interview! The grumpy lady over email turned out to be a super nice lady in person. She just processed my documents for me there and then, paid my fee, very brief interview with only a few basic questions (are you married, do you have any kids, where in the US are you moving, who do you know there, and what is your job at the moment) and that was it! Then the big congratulations!
The consular officer was also SUPER nice. He did make a comment that “I came very prepared, well done” so I might make a separate comment later once I get home to Tauranga detailing everything I submitted. He seemed very happy with my documents so listing what I took might help others preparing for an interview in Auckland soon, just send them the week prior unlike me to avoid unnecessary stress lolol.

So glad to hear it all worked out! Congrats

CONGRATULATION !!!!!