• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Hi Aidyn, as you mentioned could you please share information about preparing your work experience case?
Did you get HR to write up something? Job description? Etc
Green&Gold

As I’ve stated above, you need to be careful when asking your employer for something in writing about your duties and the length of time you have worked for them, they may suspect (like with me) your about to leave for a rival company, and fire you to avoid any remuneration your owed if you leave and are not fired.

What I did when I asked for this statement was I said I was about to apply for a bank loan for a house and the bank required it as part of the loan application. I knew of a bank that asked for this evidence already for their loan applications in the event my employer asked what bank it was or addressed the statement to that bank.

Fortunately for me my employer didn’t ask, but unlike previous references from previous employers, this statement just says this is to certify (my name) commenced employment with us on XXXXXXXX, his salary is $XXXXXXX and his duties with us include but are not limited to (duties of job titles with 7.0> SVP).

Singed (in ink) by the chairperson of the management committee.

If anyone is going to use the bank loan ruse to obtain such a statement from your employer, be prepared you may have to apply for a bank loan.

So my document evidence for the DV interview for employment is as follows, all in chronological order in chain of evidence format.

1. Original training certificates issued by the state government for my type of employment listing dates for the start and finish of the the training, which was 4 years.

2. Every contract of employment and references from previous employers for this type of work listing periods of employment and job duties with these employers (which are duties listed in job titles with 7.0>). These total over 10 years experience from 1995 to 2006.

3. The original job advertisement printout from SEEK from 2016 for my current job - I was very lucky to still have this, I printed this out in 2016 for the job interview, not for a DV application 4 years later, obviously this SEEK listing disappeared 5 years ago and fortunately it says the level of training all applicants must have to apply (a level of training you must have to qualify for a DV on employment). I found this printout covered in sh*t in the boot of my car, but it is still legible.

4. Letter from my current employer on employer letterhead signed by the chairperson of the board of management in 2016 offering me the position advertised in the above- mentioned SEEK advertisement.

5. Signed workplace agreement, signed by me and the chairperson of the board of management of my current employer detailing my duties with the employer (which are duties listed for job titles with 7.0> SVP).

6. Above mentioned statement I obtained from my current employer in 2021 listing my salary, job duties (same duties for job titles with 7.0 SVP) and length of employment with the company.

I’d also like advice from anyone who has been interviewed at the Sydney Consulate for a DV and assessed on their work experience. What evidence did they produce or were asked by the CO to produce. What evidence was accepted and, more importantly, what evidence was not accepted by the CO and, do you think my evidence is sufficient, or can you recommend any other evidence I should produce at the interview ?

For what it's worth, I highly recommend going through all the previous OC threads (2020 gets a bit messy, but all other years). There's lots of great info from previous posters and I really enjoyed reading all the positive stories and tips!

I submitted my documents and last week - any experience in the rough timing it took for the "Congratulations, your interview is ready to be scheduled!" email? I know KCC says 3-6 weeks but I'm just curious of others experiences so far.

I submitted my documents and last week - any experience in the rough timing it took for the "Congratulations, your interview is ready to be scheduled!" email? I know KCC says 3-6 weeks but I'm just curious of others experiences so far.
Mine took just under two weeks, but that was back in July 2020 when things were a bit different.

5 weeks, submitted in Feb 2021 (received notification right before last VB, 14XX)

Hi all, to the people who have gotten 2NLs for Sydney: how long did it take for your case to move from 'in transit' to 'ready'?

I ask because I got my 2NL on March 19th, my interview is early in May, and the case is still 'in transit'. I emailed the consulate and was told that they haven't received the case from KCC. I emailed KCC but given their workload I'm not expecting a reply quickly.

Hey - just thought i'd share - I got the email from the consulate the other day. Didn't have any attachments (like the cover letter someone posted here, so glad I saw that here or id've missed it haha) but was really just a short 'reply to confirm' type email with a bit of information about COVID-safety and security procedures. And a reminder to bring original civil docs + photocopies + large post satchel (that's all it says doesn't break-down which docs like in the cover-letter). On another note I had my medical the other day and I think I was too relaxed about the immunisation history stuff (just thinking they'd shoot me up with everything on the day) but instead the doctor has now sent me on a bit of a goose-chase to get more info that's pretty slow-going to get at the moment, so I doubt it will be completed by the time of the interview. Not a big deal though and probably serves me right haha.
For anyone else this is helpful for..
I rang the Brisbane medical centre to get an indication of price and other things, the lady was very helpful! She let me know which immunisations i should have and also that you can access your records on your MyGov account, instant record available!. I wrote the immunisations down on a sheet but don't have this on me so can't list them here for you. She also gave me an indication of how long i should leave between the medical and the interview to ensure the results reach the consulate (in this instance, the doc sends them straight to the consulate, it could be different for other centres) I recommend giving your specific medical centre a call to discuss, and hopefully you get a very helpful person on the other end :)

H
Hey - just thought i'd share - I got the email from the consulate the other day. Didn't have any attachments (like the cover letter someone posted here, so glad I saw that here or id've missed it haha) but was really just a short 'reply to confirm' type email with a bit of information about COVID-safety and security procedures. And a reminder to bring original civil docs + photocopies + large post satchel (that's all it says doesn't break-down which docs like in the cover-letter). On another note I had my medical the other day and I think I was too relaxed about the immunisation history stuff (just thinking they'd shoot me up with everything on the day) but instead the doctor has now sent me on a bit of a goose-chase to get more info that's pretty slow-going to get at the moment, so I doubt it will be completed by the time of the interview. Not a big deal though and probably serves me right haha.
Hey melbourne2021 - In relation to the immunisation history, were they asking for original documents? I've pre-empted this and have had no luck obtaining mine through MyGov etc. Any pointers on this and where to find them? I thought as well also in regards to your comment on getting it all done on the day!

H

Hey melbourne2021 - In relation to the immunisation history, were they asking for original documents? I've pre-empted this and have had no luck obtaining mine through MyGov etc. Any pointers on this and where to find them? I thought as well also in regards to your comment on getting it all done on the day!

For kids - they will be stamped in their 'green book' which parents are given by the hospital when the kid is born.

For adults - if they were administered by a GP you can request the information from the GP. If it was done through school, workplace (e.g. flu shots), etc. then you're probably out of luck.

Thanks Aus21, yep that looks like what i was after (although i can't see the headings at the top of the table). I also don't have twitter and nothing seems to come up when i google that :(
Hi Jess, try #SaveDiverstyVisa, they post a lot of info which isn't applicable to Oceania but they update graphs every day or so. By the way if you don't mind me asking what the medical centre had estimated you per person?

For anyone else this is helpful for..
I rang the Brisbane medical centre to get an indication of price and other things, the lady was very helpful! She let me know which immunisations i should have and also that you can access your records on your MyGov account, instant record available!. I wrote the immunisations down on a sheet but don't have this on me so can't list them here for you. She also gave me an indication of how long i should leave between the medical and the interview to ensure the results reach the consulate (in this instance, the doc sends them straight to the consulate, it could be different for other centres) I recommend giving your specific medical centre a call to discuss, and hopefully you get a very helpful person on the other end :)
Did they make mention of vaccines which weren't on the CDC immigration guidelines? I.e. Covid?

For kids - they will be stamped in their 'green book' which parents are given by the hospital when the kid is born.

For adults - if they were administered by a GP you can request the information from the GP. If it was done through school, workplace (e.g. flu shots), etc. then you're probably out of luck.
I feel like we had so many needles in primary and high school, yet I have zero idea where any record of these would be :oops:

Has anyone heard of applicants doing medicals after the interview which is an option per the document cover sheet the ' Medical Exam Date Attended/Scheduled?

If interviewed successfully it would go into Administrative Processing until they receive the medical results.

Have been thinking about this as trying to delay our departure date which will be the 6 months from the medical date (hoping to have the kids finish the school year/final exams prior to jetting out). Other option is to reschedule interview to a later date which is proving to be difficult.

Hi Jess, try #SaveDiverstyVisa, they post a lot of info which isn't applicable to Oceania but they update graphs every day or so. By the way if you don't mind me asking what the medical centre had estimated you per person?
I wrote down the exact price on a notepad at home (not at home for the next couple of weeks), but it was between $600 - 700. Hope that is helpful. I can post the exact amount once i am home and have my notes.

immigration guidelines, happy for you to point me in the direction of those though.
cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html
I lost all my records. I have been using this as a guide since Jan to get vaccinated (Hep A is administered every 6 months - 2 doses).
Just wanted to know as you said you spoke with the medical office "She let me know which immunisations i should have"
I wanted to know if they suggested Covid vaccine etc?

cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html
I lost all my records. I have been using this as a guide since Jan to get vaccinated (Hep A can only be administered every 6 months - 2 doses).
Just wanted to know as you said you spoke with the medical office "She let me know which immunisations i should have"
I specifically recall she said i did not have to have the Covid vaccine.

Looking at the link you sent through and going off my memory, but i can't be 100% as i have them written down, not on me. It included, Whooping cough (Pertussis), Mumps, Measles, Tetanus and diphtheria and Flu shot. She also mentioned that besides providing proof of the specific vaccines, you need to let them know if you have had the chicken pox in your life, they will purely take your word for this one.

Hope that helps, but it is worth calling your designated medical centre to confirm these things :)

I lost all my records. I have been using this as a guide since Jan to get vaccinated (Hep A is administered every 6 months - 2 doses).
This is the issue doing it yourself, you can end up doing vaccines you don’t actually need. Not all of the vaccines on the list are applicable to every immigrant and the panel doctors will know which ones you can be waived for (example based on age, flu shot is seasonal, etc). We never had hep A done to my recollection. As ausjess27 lists, the vaccines covered by Tdap and MMR are the most important, flu shot seasonally, varicella waived if you’ve had chicken pox.
And no you definitely don’t need anything that isn’t on the list.