• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

I
You really do need to pay close attention to every word I say in my posts Susie IF you want to reply to them.

I said it was poor form by the Sydney consulate IF the married couple’s story was true.

Are you saying it’s not poor form to collect over 1K USD in interview fees, from A FAMILY, and as soon as the interview commenced, before any questions were asked, they were told they were disqualified?

If the case was so obvious for disqualification that no questions were asked at the interview, the disqualification should have happened before the interview was even scheduled, if anything, to give the interview spot and the at least 3 available visas to other selectees who DID qualify for a DV, but perhaps missed out because OC didn’t go current that year.

It gives the
Impression to a lay person the Sydney consulate was just collecting “easy money”.

And your continued opinions (which appear correct) that this embassy does it this way and that embassy does it that way doesn’t help.

All embassies operate under the same INA and therefore all embassies (should) be the operating the same. Instead, you have people in NZ stressing because they didn’t post their documents in on time to the Auckland consulate, yet “across the ditch” 3 hours away by plane in Sydney you just turn up on the day with your documents.

Refusals at Sydney due to failing to have the required education? Do you have any links to any posts regarding that? Because you know how subjective and open to interpretation education is? although after the correspondence I have seen that’s about to be sent to the Consul General in Sydney, there may be an amendment to the FAM, or at least Sydney’s “policy” on education requirements for a DV. It may be the case that many Australian selectees got DVs based on their education when they should not have, and in the future, only a year 12 HSC WITH ATAR # will be accepted, rather than the HSC with no ATAR, just like (it appears) the US high school education needs the SAT score to apply for (proper) US college admission, as without the SAT college admission is unlikely.

KCC should not be pre vetting DV cases? Oh of course, what was I thinking, KCC are too busy already, and those BritSimon YouTube videos that allege KCC lose documents, do nothing etc is fake
news.

If there were a DV year where extra pre interview vetting should be done to make sure every one who gets one of the limited interview spots is not obviously disqualified, it is this year.

Oh hang on, just checked the VB, OC and most of the world has (now) gone current, relax, we’re all getting interviews.......
Its my prayer that we all get the interviews

Yes, it will be in Sydney! Hoping they lock in the interview date soon, seeing as I'm current... Fingers crossed!
Hi Jessk21, have you had your interview yet? hope all went well if you did. I am still waiting as is everyone else with no 2nl's

TY
I

Its my prayer that we all get the interviews
DV2021 selectees are going to need more than prayers if they are all to be interviewed.

Any DV2021 selectee who has not received a 2NL should (try) to see if one of the approved doctors will do their medical now, telling them all cases are current, and anything else you can think of, make believers out of them.

If you can get a medical sell yourself to KCC/the consulate that you have had your medical and can be interviewed NOW!!!!

Some DV2020 selectees got their interview (and DV) in the dying days of September 2020 by working the phones and continually calling KCC and their embassy.

What do you have to lose? a doctor telling you to p*ss off, or at most, losing $700 for a medical that will not result in an interview.

On the flip side, what do you have to gain? KCC realising your ready to go and scheduling your interview, and you end up with a DV.

Remember, there are only about 2 doctors in each Australian State and territory who can do these medicals, and in normal DV years there have been delays between the doctor sending the medical results to the CO and the interview so if it is possible to get a medical without a scheduled DV interview, act now, you have little to lose and everything to gain.

Hi All!

Congratulations everyone, I'm OC24XX. Also hoping there will be a drop in numbers. Will be submitting my DS form within the next week or so. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Alex :)
Why haven't you submitted your DS260 already? and, as high "ish" as you CN is, why not submit your DS260 now? as if you submit it "next week or so" it may not be processed until after other selectees send their's in "in a week or so", it may be lost by KCC (like others have) or even worse, caught in a rush of DV2022 DS260s sent in on or immediately after 8 May - you do realise that don't you?, in just 14 days from now around 100k+ new selectees become eligible to submit DS260s?

It's your case so run it how you want, but I'd be kicking myself if after being selected with a high CN and thinking you'd never get an interview, then all of a sudden everyone goes current and there is a possibility you may get an interview, only to miss out because KCC only decided to look at your DS260 one day after the last possible OC DV2021 interview was scheduled.

Yea, I can attest to this personally. I had a youth DUI 14 years ago. Was just a 3 month loss of license and a $250 fine. I declared it and provided the certified court record & it wasn’t even mentioned at my interview. I expected them to at least acknowledge it, so that was interesting and I must say a relief.
Sorry do you mind if I ask what you mean by youth DUI? Were you under 18? And if so, is that still a criminal conviction?

Glad to know they didn't mind about it, as I have a single DUI at age 18 from over 11 years ago. I have been in the States twice since, without them questioning it also.

Sorry do you mind if I ask what you mean by youth DUI? Were you under 18? And if so, is that still a criminal conviction?

Glad to know they didn't mind about it, as I have a single DUI at age 18 from over 11 years ago. I have been in the States twice since, without them questioning it also.
Sure, no problem!
At the time of my conviction (2006) anyone under 20 had an alcohol breath limit of 150mcg, so that’s what I mean by youth DUI. I was also 18! The limit for adults (over 20) at the time was 400mcg, actually higher than what I blew which was 298mcg.
I believe it was in 2011 they changed the law for under 20s to a zero tolerance policy, and in 2014 they lowered the adult limit from 400mcg to 250mcg. Hope this is helpful!

Yea, I can attest to this personally. I had a youth DUI 14 years ago. Was just a 3 month loss of license and a $250 fine. I declared it and provided the certified court record & it wasn’t even mentioned at my interview. I expected them to at least acknowledge it, so that was interesting and I must say a relief.

Sure, no problem!
At the time of my conviction (2006) anyone under 20 had an alcohol breath limit of 150mcg, so that’s what I mean by youth DUI. I was also 18! The limit for adults (over 20) at the time was 400mcg, actually higher than what I blew which was 298mcg.
I believe it was in 2011 they changed the law for under 20s to a zero tolerance policy, and in 2014 they lowered the adult limit from 400mcg to 250mcg. Hope this is helpful!
Oh that is interesting I didn't realise that! Thank you for the clarification. Think mine should be ok like yours.

Thanks again! :)

Oh that is interesting I didn't realise that! Thank you for the clarification. Think mine should be ok like yours.

Thanks again! :)
Yep, as long as you declared it in your DS260 and provide a certified copy of the court record from the court where your conviction was then you’ll be A okay :)

Hey, had my interview earlier this week and thought i'd share. Stayed at travelodge the night before which was a good call but I should have done a practice run to the mlc building the afternoon before... My window looked across the street to a building with MLC written on it so I assumed that was the only MLC building, so the morning of the interview (with my phone back at the hotel) I went into the wrong building (and then circling the block looking for other entrances, escalators etc) 10 minutes sweating and stressing thinking I wasn't going to find the consulate. I'd read on here that they were doing construction so eventually I figured out it was the place on the other side of Martin Place and followed the signs and got where I needed to be. As I was still waiting on the Dr to advise which immunisations I needed, I knew that it wouldn't be approved on the day. But for me the process inside was really easy and I found all the staff including the interviewing officer to be extremely friendly. I think I had it pretty easy because I was a sole applicant, single, no kids, never lived anywhere else, met education requirements etc etc. So the interview lasted a couple of minutes and was just told that it would show as 'refused' until they receive the medical. What was most interesting to me was that there were 3 interviews before me, all of which were 'refused' - but like me, only pending additional documents. (These were much more complicated cases with a lot more paperwork required than for me). But even in these cases the interviewing officers were extremely understanding and helpful in explaining to them how to get the docs they were missing.

As I was still waiting on the Dr to advise which immunisations I needed, I knew that it wouldn't be approved on the day.
[...]
So the interview lasted a couple of minutes and was just told that it would show as 'refused' until they receive the medical.
Thanks for sharing! Mind if I ask what the situation was with your immunisations? My medical will also be in Melbourne so any advice you have would be great!

Hey, had my interview earlier this week and thought i'd share. Stayed at travelodge the night before which was a good call but I should have done a practice run to the mlc building the afternoon before... My window looked across the street to a building with MLC written on it so I assumed that was the only MLC building, so the morning of the interview (with my phone back at the hotel) I went into the wrong building (and then circling the block looking for other entrances, escalators etc) 10 minutes sweating and stressing thinking I wasn't going to find the consulate. I'd read on here that they were doing construction so eventually I figured out it was the place on the other side of Martin Place and followed the signs and got where I needed to be. As I was still waiting on the Dr to advise which immunisations I needed, I knew that it wouldn't be approved on the day. But for me the process inside was really easy and I found all the staff including the interviewing officer to be extremely friendly. I think I had it pretty easy because I was a sole applicant, single, no kids, never lived anywhere else, met education requirements etc etc. So the interview lasted a couple of minutes and was just told that it would show as 'refused' until they receive the medical. What was most interesting to me was that there were 3 interviews before me, all of which were 'refused' - but like me, only pending additional documents. (These were much more complicated cases with a lot more paperwork required than for me). But even in these cases the interviewing officers were extremely understanding and helpful in explaining to them how to get the docs they were missing.
C

Congratulations. I was wondering why there appeared to be a lot of refused cases, but they could be AP as you mentioned. Keep us updated on developments on your travel.

Thanks for sharing! Mind if I ask what the situation was with your immunisations? My medical will also be in Melbourne so any advice you have would be great!
I went to my GP last week as I have no record of immunisations and my medical is next month in Sydney. He took a blood test to see what my immunity levels are and i will get the results tomorrow. If my levels are low or non existent he will administer a booster shot. I will also get the flu shot which is required tomorrow. The medical practice in Sydney has requested the following -

Adult 18-64 years required to provide following vaccination record or to do following vaccinations:
  1. Adult Tdap – Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (vaccination record within the past 10 years)
  2. MMR – Measles, Mumps, Rubella (serology testing indicating immunity level)
  3. Varicella – Chicken pox (serology testing indicating immunity level)
  4. Influenza – during flu season

Yep, as long as you declared it in your DS260 and provide a certified copy of the court record from the court where your conviction was then you’ll be A okay :)
Sorry me again :) To get a certified court record, did you just contact the court directly? Or is there a process?

Sorry me again :) To get a certified court record, did you just contact the court directly? Or is there a process?
I just went to the court where I had my court hearing and asked the ladies at reception. They had it prepared for me and then I went back to pick it up. It says up the top “certified copy of court record”. It’s basically just a word document that details the offence, conviction, sentence, with dated times etc and they stamp and sign it.

I just went to the court where I had my court hearing and asked the ladies at reception. They had it prepared for me and then I went back to pick it up. It says up the top “certified copy of court record”. It’s basically just a word document that details the offence, conviction, sentence, with dated times etc and they stamp and sign it.
Amazing, thank you so much!! I'll do that asap :)