• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Come on, do something lolol
Got 2 friends who are DQ’d waiting to hear if they have a June interview. Excessively scrolling forums, reddit, Twitter etc to see if any 2NLs have gone out yet. I guess they’ll be this week! Lol

11A87748-831C-4EA1-9989-0320F170A31F.jpeg

I just went to the court where I had my court hearing and asked the ladies at reception. They had it prepared for me and then I went back to pick it up. It says up the top “certified copy of court record”. It’s basically just a word document that details the offence, conviction, sentence, with dated times etc and they stamp and sign it.
If your being interviewed at Sydney the Sydney consulate reciprocity page has details for each Australian State and territory of what exactly you need for court records.

it’s not just convictions you need details for, its any charges, so even where charges were dropped or no convictions were recorded you would still need to provide the court record for those types of matters.

The FAM makes it clear mitigating circumstances on sentence is irrelevant. According to the FAM the CO will treat you no differently between a deliberate criminal act and you committing the same criminal act by pure accident, like for example, Australia’s notorious federal (and ridiculous) “strict liability” offences, where the prosecution only have to prove an offence occurred, even if they caused it to occur - examples of this (which of course you never see on “Border Security”) is Border Force tells you after coming off a long haul international flight the apple you were given inflight by the airliner is ok, only to have it detected by quarantine and be charged with failure to declare food - that’s a common scenario which the Australian government has (successfully) appealed to the highest courts - strict liability, in other words you are to know the law even if those who enforce it don’t - no conviction recorded (s 19B Commonwealth Crimes Act) are next to impossible to get on commonwealth offences, unless of course your Jonny Depp - to get the no conviction recorded you must NOT be fined - if the judge fines you even $1 they lose the discretion to not record a conviction.

I would be printing out the requirements from the reciprocity page for what state you are in and going back to the court Registry to make sure what they have given you is what is required - my experience as a former public servant (Qld) who has dealt with many government departments is court Registry staff can be absolutely useless until they are exposed making a mistake, then they become experts at covering their mistakes.

This is the one year you don’t want to be on AP chasing up CORRECT court records, only to have another COVID-19 lockdown declared (like in Perth last week) and the court Registry closes for months.

I just went to the court where I had my court hearing and asked the ladies at reception. They had it prepared for me and then I went back to pick it up. It says up the top “certified copy of court record”. It’s basically just a word document that details the offence, conviction, sentence, with dated times etc and they stamp and sign it.
Hello =) This is super helpful. I went to court and lost my license for 2 weeks a few years ago, when I did the Police report, it came back saying that I had no offences. So I didn't submit my DS saying that I had any criminal convictions because I didn't think that counted. Would you recommend a seek a court record for my driving offence?

The medical is pretty uneventful! Only thing that sticks out in my mind is: be prepared to wait forever lol. I was at the doctor for 2 hours 15 mins, thought I was gonna go mad hahaha. Saw the nurse first, took basic stats, basic eye test etc & pee test. Then waited for the doctor for a looong time. She then went through the questionnaire, felt my glands tummy listened to my heart checked reflexes etc. Then sent me on my way to pay, then get lung X-ray, then back to the nurse for blood test & vaccinations. $655 nzd. As I said nothing eventful, just took a super long time. If you’re working, take at least half a day off to accomodate lol.
Thank you, this is helpful and makes me more relaxed, noted on the long day, I have now taken the day as a leave day from work. I went to my GP over the weekend and got some booster shots and got a blood tests to see what injections I still may need =)

Hello, Congrats!! I have not been through the process as yet but I would suggest making sure you go prepared to the medical by obtaining your medical records from your current medical centre. I am pretty sure there is a form you must complete and send in before you have your medical, I would call the centre to make sure you have this form (if you dont have it already).

In terms of the interview. I have heard having your docs organised and cash to pay for your visa is a good idea. I say cash because you dont want to rely on their debit card machine, in case there are issues with taking payments. I would also suggest going on to the SYD US consulate website to obtain instructions on what to bring to the interview. I would also take photocopies of EVERYTHING, just in case :)

Hope this helps! :p
Thank you - very helpful! I think cash is king in this instance. I received my email from the Syd consulate today and have the instructions. I think I will spend this weekend getting all my paper work ready to ensure I have it all ready to go and give me time to arrange anything I am missing. I have some family in the states and per someone else's recommendation, I have all their contact details to show - if needed.

All the best for you when you are going through the process, hopefully myself and others that have our interview before you can be of some help =)

Hello =) This is super helpful. I went to court and lost my license for 2 weeks a few years ago, when I did the Police report, it came back saying that I had no offences. So I didn't submit my DS saying that I had any criminal convictions because I didn't think that counted. Would you recommend a seek a court record for my driving offence?
If anyone has a drink driving conviction you “should” be ok, as according to the FAM drink driving is not considered a crime involving moral turpitude. If you have a conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude you are generally inadmissible to the US.

However be aware that if you have more than one conviction for offences, regardless if they are crimes involving moral turpitude, if the total years of confinement (jail) you were ACTUALLY sentenced to is five (5) years or more, you are also generally inadmissible to the US.

There are also other offences where if you have been convicted you are also inadmissible to the US, this includes drugs and prostitution, including conspiracy, so if hypothetically you admitted to the CO you smoked a joint once when you were 18 but were never caught, that technically is conspiring to commit a drug offence.

Remember that at passport control if the CBP asks “when did you last use drugs? We don’t care if you used drugs before you got on the plane, we are only concerned if you have drugs on you now”

Admit to a CBP officer you “last used” drugs 30 years ago, that is grounds to cancel your DV, as you have just admitted you conspired to commit a drug offence of possession.

Here’s a paste of the FAM that deals with drink driving (at # 6):

9 FAM 40.21 Notes
U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas

b. Crimes committed against governmental authority, which would not
constitute moral turpitude for visa-issuance purposes, are, in general, violation of laws which are regulatory in character and which do not involve the element of fraud or other evil intent do not involve moral turpitude. The following list assumes that the statutes involved do not require the showing of an intent to defraud, or commit other evil:
(1) Black market violations;
(2) Breach of the peace;
(3) Carrying a concealed weapon;
(4) Desertion from the Armed Forces;
(5) Disorderly conduct;
(6) Drunk or reckless driving;
(7) Drunkenness;
(8) Escape from prison;
(9) Failure to report for military induction;
(10) False statements(not amounting to perjury or involving fraud);
(11) Firearms violations;
(12) Gambling violations;
(13) Immigrationviolations;
(14) Liquor violations;
(15) Loan sharking;
(16) Lottery violations;
(17) Possessing burglar tools (without intent to commit burglary);
(18) Smuggling and customs violations( where intent to commit fraud is absent);
(19) Tax evasion (without intent to defraud); and
(20) Vagrancy

If anyone has a drink driving conviction you “should” be ok, as according to the FAM drink driving is not considered a crime involving moral turpitude. If you have a conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude you are generally inadmissible to the US.

However be aware that if you have more than one conviction for offences, regardless if they are crimes involving moral turpitude, if the total years of confinement (jail) you were ACTUALLY sentenced to is five (5) years or more, you are also generally inadmissible to the US.

There are also other offences where if you have been convicted you are also inadmissible to the US, this includes drugs and prostitution, including conspiracy, so if hypothetically you admitted to the CO you smoked a joint once when you were 18 but were never caught, that technically is conspiring to commit a drug offence.

Remember that at passport control if the CBP asks “when did you last use drugs? We don’t care if you used drugs before you got on the plane, we are only concerned if you have drugs on you now”

Admit to a CBP officer you “last used” drugs 30 years ago, that is grounds to cancel your DV, as you have just admitted you conspired to commit a drug offence of possession.

Here’s a paste of the FAM that deals with drink driving (at # 6):

9 FAM 40.21 Notes
U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas

b. Crimes committed against governmental authority, which would not
constitute moral turpitude for visa-issuance purposes, are, in general, violation of laws which are regulatory in character and which do not involve the element of fraud or other evil intent do not involve moral turpitude. The following list assumes that the statutes involved do not require the showing of an intent to defraud, or commit other evil:
(1) Black market violations;
(2) Breach of the peace;
(3) Carrying a concealed weapon;
(4) Desertion from the Armed Forces;
(5) Disorderly conduct;
(6) Drunk or reckless driving;
(7) Drunkenness;
(8) Escape from prison;
(9) Failure to report for military induction;
(10) False statements(not amounting to perjury or involving fraud);
(11) Firearms violations;
(12) Gambling violations;
(13) Immigrationviolations;
(14) Liquor violations;
(15) Loan sharking;
(16) Lottery violations;
(17) Possessing burglar tools (without intent to commit burglary);
(18) Smuggling and customs violations( where intent to commit fraud is absent);
(19) Tax evasion (without intent to defraud); and
(20) Vagrancy
Thank you for that info, it much appreciated!
Mine wasn't drink driving related, it was a speeding offence. I've looked online and I don't have a court record but I might go to the court house and double check that.

Hi Jessk21, have you had your interview yet? hope all went well if you did. I am still waiting as is everyone else with no 2nl's
Hi - still no interview! I keep logging onto the DV Program page, but it still just shows the letter from last year's draw (dated 6 June 2020)... Has anyone here had their Sydney interview scheduled in the past few weeks?

Hi - still no interview! I keep logging onto the DV Program page, but it still just shows the letter from last year's draw (dated 6 June 2020)... Has anyone here had their Sydney interview scheduled in the past few weeks?
From what i read in this forum and listening to BritSimon's videos - 2NLs are usually sent out twice in the month, the beginning of the month and mid month. But from Simon's last blog, he said they are expected 'any day now' due to the most recent visa bulletin being released.
I am also waiting on a 2NL but i think the advice is to be patient (which is easier said than done, i get it haha).
Also i understand you will receive an email notifying you that your 2NL has been issued, you shouldnt need to check the DV page. Unless someone else would like to correct me on that.

From what i read in this forum and listening to BritSimon's videos - 2NLs are usually sent out twice in the month, the beginning of the month and mid month. But from Simon's last blog, he said they are expected 'any day now' due to the most recent visa bulletin being released.
I am also waiting on a 2NL but i think the advice is to be patient (which is easier said than done, i get it haha).
Also i understand you will receive an email notifying you that your 2NL has been issued, you shouldnt need to check the DV page. Unless someone else would like to correct me on that.
Thank you for this!! Trying hard to be patient, as I'm sure we all are!

Theyre sure taking their sweet ass time to issue the 2NLs this month lol. Already have my visa but very anxious for others to get theirs, especially now everyone is current!
When your interview is scheduled you’ll get a very smol email from noreply@state.gov telling you you have updates at the dvprogram site. Here’s mine so you know what you’re looking for/expecting :)

Required Entry Status Check for DV Submission

XXXX, ASHLEY:You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at https://www.dvprogram.state.gov/ESC . Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

Theyre sure taking their sweet ass time to issue the 2NLs this month lol. Already have my visa but very anxious for others to get theirs, especially now everyone is current!
When your interview is scheduled you’ll get a very smol email from noreply@state.gov telling you you have updates at the dvprogram site. Here’s mine so you know what you’re looking for/expecting :)

Required Entry Status Check for DV Submission

XXXX, ASHLEY:You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at https://www.dvprogram.state.gov/ESC . Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this...its really helpful having someone in the group here, from DV21 who has already been through the interview process. In fact everyone in this chat has added so much beneficial information, so thank you to everyone! :):p

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this...its really helpful having someone in the group here, from DV21 who has already been through the interview process. In fact everyone in this chat has added so much beneficial information, so thank you to everyone! :):p
No problem at all, honestly. This entire process is so stressful and at often times vague, so you don’t really know what to expect. I basically won a second lottery, getting an April 2NL early March, scheduled for an interview just few days after the ban was lifted. There’s no rhyme or reason as to why I was chosen to get one of the first interviews and others weren’t, so if I can help ease peoples anxiety in anyway I’m gonna help. Let’s hope we all wake up tomorrow and y’all are scheduled for June!!

No problem at all, honestly. This entire process is so stressful and at often times vague, so you don’t really know what to expect. I basically won a second lottery, getting an April 2NL early March, scheduled for an interview just few days after the ban was lifted. There’s no rhyme or reason as to why I was chosen to get one of the first interviews and others weren’t, so if I can help ease peoples anxiety in anyway I’m gonna help. Let’s hope we all wake up tomorrow and y’all are scheduled for June!!
My prayer too . Thank you for being helpful. God Bless

Hi all, just wondering if there is another email that you would receive after the 'ready for scheduling' email and before the 2NL? I'm always paranoid that something has slipped through the cracks since I received my 'ready for scheduling' email so early in June last year and haven't heard anything since :oops: