• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

We rescheduled our interview into June and its now on a Wednesday (originally Tuesday) This was arranged directly with the Sydney consulate.

We rescheduled our interview into June and its now on a Wednesday (originally Tuesday) This was arranged directly with the Sydney consulate.
Ok, well "if" the Sydney consulate is doing DV interviews on Wednesdays, that may indicate they are trying to clear the backlog.

Did the Sydney consulate actually say to you in writing your interview is on a WEDNESDAY? or have they simply given you a date that you have looked up and that date is on a Wednesday?

Imagine if someone at the Sydney consulate made a typo by one day, an your interview is actually on a Tuesday and you turn up a day late.

I just pulled this off the Sydney consulate visa instructions page:

..."To reschedule your appointment, please email our office with the subject line “Reschedule IV Interview” and provide several dates when you will be available for an interview. Visa interviews occur on Tuesday mornings only. Please note, not all requests can be met"...

Devastating news just released :( diversity visas are now prioritised last and I quote “However, as a result of COVID the number of visas issued in lower-priority preference categories or in such programs as the diversity visa program likely will not approach the statutory ceiling in Fiscal Year 2021.” They have no intention of clearing the backlog, or issuing the entire 55,000 visas.

Anyone thinking of joining a lawsuit, if you can afford it now is probably the time.

Ok, well "if" the Sydney consulate is doing DV interviews on Wednesdays, that may indicate they are trying to clear the backlog.

Did the Sydney consulate actually say to you in writing your interview is on a WEDNESDAY? or have they simply given you a date that you have looked up and that date is on a Wednesday?

Imagine if someone at the Sydney consulate made a typo by one day, an your interview is actually on a Tuesday and you turn up a day late.

..."To reschedule your appointment, please email our office with the subject line “Reschedule IV Interview” and provide several dates when you will be available for an interview. Visa interviews occur on Tuesday mornings only. Please note, not all requests can be met"...
Yes have it in writing referencing Wednesday and a second follow up confirmation email from the consulate stating Wednesday with date and time along with all my details and instructions etc.

This shouldn't have too much of an impact on the OC embassies given how few US visas are issued in general? Plus I can't imagine there is any backlog given the embassies have been open for months now. Hopefully the covid outbreak improves in Fiji and there are no other lockdowns elsewhere.

Maybe Sydney will be more impacted because of the E3 visa.

In March, Sydney issued 80 visas, Auckland 28 visas, and Suva 7 visas.

I think given that there still no interviews scheduled yet for June for OC, assuming OC is going to fly through unscathed might be a bit premature. I think we just have to wait and see. I’m pretty sure the backlog is at NVC as well, not the embassies. So a low number of IVs issued isn’t necessarily indicative of the actual demand. I’m part of a kiwis moving to the US Facebook group and there are a lot of K1s that having been waiting a very long time :(

I think given that there still no interviews scheduled yet for June for OC, assuming OC is going to fly through unscathed might be a bit premature. I think we just have to wait and see. I’m pretty sure the backlog is at NVC as well, not the embassies. So a low number of IVs issued isn’t necessarily indicative of the actual demand. I’m part of a kiwis moving to the US Facebook group and there are a lot of K1s that having been waiting a very long time :(
Yeah I hate to admit it, but I think DV21 OC is slightly screwed. We only have four months left and we are at the bottom of the list. I am sure our embassies will try for us but they can only do so much for their end. We also don't know exactly what is going on at KCC, they may have been advised to stop working on DV21 now as DV22 is joining the mix shortly, from May 8th onwards.

This shouldn't have too much of an impact on the OC embassies given how few US visas are issued in general? Plus I can't imagine there is any backlog given the embassies have been open for months now. Hopefully the covid outbreak improves in Fiji and there are no other lockdowns elsewhere.

Maybe Sydney will be more impacted because of the E3 visa.

In March, Sydney issued 80 visas, Auckland 28 visas, and Suva 7 visas.
Hi Tony_blitz, just wondering where you found the visa number stats, are they all visas or just diversity visa

K1s are non-immigrant visas though?

Immigrant visas. Its not letting me post the link but just google "us visa issuance by post"
Hi Tony, thanks for that. I looked back to Sept 2020 Sydney worked very hard when they lifted the ban and issued around 109 Diversity cases, which helped a lot of people! its hope they can help 2021 as well!

I see. Thanks for clearing that up, was slightly confused.

I remain hopeful for OC.
Hi Tony, thanks for that. I looked back to Sept 2020 Sydney worked very hard when they lifted the ban and issued around 109 Diversity cases, which helped a lot of people! its hope they can help 2021 as well!
Sydney and I think the other OC posts are generally pretty small for overall immigrant visa issuance. I think (hope) you guys will be one of the regions to come through this pretty well.

Yeah mate I've already had my interview and it was on a Wednesday

Usually you can only schedule your medical once your interview has been scheduled as you have to take your interview confirmation later to the medical, however, as I said previously, given all Oceania selectees are now current, I wonder if there is anything stopping the doctor doing your medical even though you don't have an interview confirmation letter, on the basis you are current. All you would have to show the doctor is your 1NL with your case number and a copy of the VB. Maybe say you want a medical now as you may not be available for a medical later when "your interview is scheduled" but there is no problem now having the medical as it is valid for 6 months and you are "current".

Maybe the doctor wont't care about interview confirmation letter. $700 is $700 to a doctor, so if your financially secure, why not try to get a medical appointment, at worst you will pay $700 for some immunisations, but at best, if you have your medical you can then continually call KCC and the Sydney consulate and sell yourself that you have had a medical and your ready for any interview spot NOW.

As I said previously, some DV2020 selectees got their interviews and VISA in the dying days of September 2020 by continually calling KCC and the embassies.
Curious as to whether anyone has tried this strategy/has successfully gotten a medical before being scheduled for an interview?
And has anyone here called their embassy yet to try push things along? What was the response?

Curious as to whether anyone has tried this strategy/has successfully gotten a medical before being scheduled for an interview?
And has anyone here called their embassy yet to try push things along? What was the response?
Another scenario/strategy I'd like more info on is if it is possible to have your interview first, go on AP, then have your medical?

Given Sydney consulate now is doing interviews on Tuesdays AND Wednesdays, they may be doing DV interviews every working day, which is good to clear backlogs, but that still doesn't change the fact that there are only a very small number of doctors in each state (1 - 2) who can do the medicals, and if there is now a rush of DV interviews at Sydney if the Sydney consulate is doing DV interviews (and other visa interviews that require a medical) every day, there just simply isn't enough doctors who can keep up.

Would also be financially beneficial to you if your case is denied at interview, saves you $700 on a medical if your allowed to do your medical post interview.

I've read of cases before going through Sydney consulate that were put on AP because the medical results didn't arrive at the consulate before the interview, so in theory it seems possible you could do your medical after your interview.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be at all surprised when a doctor becomes a "panel approved physician" with the US State Dept, the doctor has it worded into their contract that their medical reports must be obtained BEFORE a selectee is interviewed for the DV to protect the doctor's financial interests.

Hi AshleyMarleyNZ, I'm starting to feel the same way now, just saw the updated dv charts by xarthisius this morning, very disappointing to see no movement in 2nl and no issued visas for the month of June at Sydney consulate. Hopefully they will be adding some 2nl early this month or a second batch mid way through May, who knows what is going on?:(