• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Looks like Britsimon has posted a new youtube video overnight, hopefully some fresh insight to where we are heading in the future, I'm yet to watch.

Looks like Britsimon has posted a new youtube video overnight, hopefully some fresh insight to where we are heading in the future, I'm yet to watch.
I watched as soon as I woke up this morning with my morning bean water. It’s sobering, he has a similar outlook to me. I just pray they send some 2NLs next week for June for those who are already DQd. I highly suggest everyone watch Si’s live from today, without litigation winning things look very dire indeed :(

Hi AshleyMarleyNZ, I'm starting to feel the same way now, just saw the updated dv charts by xarthisius this morning, very disappointing to see no movement in 2nl and no issued visas for the month of June at Sydney consulate. Hopefully they will be adding some 2nl early this month or a second batch mid way through May, who knows what is going on?:(
Did I misunderstand something here? Of course no issued visas for a month in the future?

Another scenario/strategy I'd like more info on is if it is possible to have your interview first, go on AP, then have your medical?

Given Sydney consulate now is doing interviews on Tuesdays AND Wednesdays, they may be doing DV interviews every working day, which is good to clear backlogs, but that still doesn't change the fact that there are only a very small number of doctors in each state (1 - 2) who can do the medicals, and if there is now a rush of DV interviews at Sydney if the Sydney consulate is doing DV interviews (and other visa interviews that require a medical) every day, there just simply isn't enough doctors who can keep up.

Would also be financially beneficial to you if your case is denied at interview, saves you $700 on a medical if your allowed to do your medical post interview.

I've read of cases before going through Sydney consulate that were put on AP because the medical results didn't arrive at the consulate before the interview, so in theory it seems possible you could do your medical after your interview.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be at all surprised when a doctor becomes a "panel approved physician" with the US State Dept, the doctor has it worded into their contract that their medical reports must be obtained BEFORE a selectee is interviewed for the DV to protect the doctor's financial interests.
Can't give a definitive answer as I would guess there are plenty of inconsistencies between med centres across the states, but the one I went to (toorak village) initially asked for just the DS260 confirmation, but in the following days asked for the interview date (and I was asked again by the Dr on the day).

I watched as soon as I woke up this morning with my morning bean water. It’s sobering, he has a similar outlook to me. I just pray they send some 2NLs next week for June for those who are already DQd. I highly suggest everyone watch Si’s live from today, without litigation winning things look very dire indeed :(
In the Q&A at the end of his video, he does say that OC, specifically Sydney and NZ are positioned well to get through their cases and should hopefully do so. Let's hope he is right

In the Q&A at the end of his video, he does say that OC, specifically Sydney and NZ are positioned well to get through their cases and should hopefully do so. Let's hope he is right
In theory yep, but until we see June 2NLs Im not feeling all that positive at the moment lol :(

I agree with this statement actually. SYD and NZ are positioned well to process visa's in general and they may actually try to help us. KCC may decide that they are not going to send 2NLs for June but there is still JULY, AUG, SEP for interviews and we just never know. The best thing I think I can do at this stage is wait it out, see what happens during the month of MAY. With the prioritisation notice made, KCC maybe waiting for embassies to send them a list of available slots for JUNE interviews and we may receive some 2NLs next week or we not. We may have to wait until MAY 8th (after they send the DV22 results), who knows! Even if we don't receive any for June, I am still hopeful that we may see 2NLs for JULY, AUG, SEP and I am going to try be positive and hopeful :p

I agree with this statement actually. SYD and NZ are positioned well to process visa's in general and they may actually try to help us. KCC may decide that they are not going to send 2NLs for June but there is still JULY, AUG, SEP for interviews and we just never know. The best thing I think I can do at this stage is wait it out, see what happens during the month of MAY. With the prioritisation notice made, KCC maybe waiting for embassies to send them a list of available slots for JUNE interviews and we may receive some 2NLs next week or we not. We may have to wait until MAY 8th (after they send the DV22 results), who knows! Even if we don't receive any for June, I am still hopeful that we may see 2NLs for JULY, AUG, SEP and I am going to try be positive and hopeful :p
This can't be blamed on Trump anymore, the behaviour by some posts, and in particular KCC is in direct conflict with Court orders, meaning these decisions are by person/s on a much higher pay grade than a consul general.

Reality check people, as much as OC consulates may "want" to help you, they take their directions (and pay cheque) from people other than you, in an area outside of OC and likely the same people who are ignoring Court orders.

And these are are the same people who want to increase the number of DVs issued annually to 80k? they can't even come close to managing 55k worth of DVs now.

No reality check needed here, i think there are enough facts across this forum for each of us to form our own opinion of the situation.
I really appreciate everyone's useful comments and for me, im going to stay positive and hope that it all works out :)
There is absolutely no point unnecessarily stressing over the situation, whatever is meant to be will be!

No reality check needed here, i think there are enough facts across this forum for each of us to form our own opinion of the situation.
I really appreciate everyone's useful comments and for me, im going to stay positive and hope that it all works out :)
There is absolutely no point unnecessarily stressing over the situation, whatever is meant to be will be!
Nicely put! :)

We are all entitled to our opinions, and given I have worked for governments (state and local) for several years, I likely have more knowledge than most on here how governments work, including areas of hierarchy and subordination.

I find it laughable that a CO would try to help OC cases over other visa category cases when the Secretary of State has officially made ALL (emphasis added) DV cases the lowest priority at the moment.

Will be interesting to see what opinions are posted on here in July/August if little has changed with OC DV2021 cases.

One thing I have noticed on this forum is some voice their opinions, yet when I trawl back a couple of years through posts from these same members on this forum, sometimes in the same (long) threads, what they were saying a couple of years ago is the opposite to what they are saying now, and that includes some well known members too.

What a wonderful thing the benefit of hindsight is.

hey guys, how soon does KCC normally request documents after submitting the DS260?

I submitted my DS260 on the 27th of April and just got the request for documents today? Quite surprised about the turn around time. I dont have my police certificate yet though so cant submit (its on its way to me via post at the moment)

We are all entitled to our opinions, and given I have worked for governments (state and local) for several years, I likely have more knowledge than most on here how governments work, including areas of hierarchy and subordination.

I find it laughable that a CO would try to help OC cases over other visa category cases when the Secretary of State has officially made ALL (emphasis added) DV cases the lowest priority at the moment.

Will be interesting to see what opinions are posted on here in July/August if little has changed with OC DV2021 cases.

One thing I have noticed on this forum is some voice their opinions, yet when I trawl back a couple of years through posts from these same members on this forum, sometimes in the same (long) threads, what they were saying a couple of years ago is the opposite to what they are saying now, and that includes some well known members too.

What a wonderful thing the benefit of hindsight is.
After reading all of your comments on this thread i feel a lot of your remarks are just trying to start a debate about something. This thread is for helpful comments and for everyone to bring their knowledge together, certainly not a competition. Very grateful for a perspective of a former government worker but it would be really appreciated if you could try not to put a negative spin on everything.

hey guys, how soon does KCC normally request documents after submitting the DS260?

I submitted my DS260 on the 27th of April and just got the request for documents today? Quite surprised about the turn around time. I dont have my police certificate yet though so cant submit (its on its way to me via post at the moment)
That is super quick!! I think some people have been waiting months and still haven't received a request for documents, however, many have just sent them anyway.

Do you have a low case no? They might be prioritising lower numbers, but at this stage who knows what they are doing

That is super quick!! I think some people have been waiting months and still haven't received a request for documents, however, many have just sent them anyway.

Do you have a low case no? They might be prioritising lower numbers, but at this stage who knows what they are doing
my case number is OC30XX thats what is weird. im really surprised...

Its worth noting my application is REALLY simple. One person, not married, no kids, good education, not sure if that helped?

my case number is OC30XX thats what is weird. im really surprised...

Its worth noting my application is REALLY simple. One person, not married, no kids, good education, not sure if that helped?
Maybe yours slipped through? Or... they've made it through the applications they have so far (which seems unlikely given all the comments on KCC having a huge backlog)
Either way its a great sign so all you can do is submit the docs and hopefully you'll get the ready for scheduling email shortly after. :)

[...] As I was still waiting on the Dr to advise which immunisations I needed, I knew that it wouldn't be approved on the day. [...]
Hi @melbourne2021 sorry to bother you again but do you mind explaining what happened with your immunisations? My medical is at the same place as yours (Toorak Village) and I don't have a record of all my immunisations so wondering if I'll also be facing AP? Thanks!

Hi @melbourne2021 sorry to bother you again but do you mind explaining what happened with your immunisations? My medical is at the same place as yours (Toorak Village) and I don't have a record of all my immunisations so wondering if I'll also be facing AP? Thanks!
Hi muzzy, just wondering when is your interview scheduled? And what is your case no?