• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Hi all, just wondering if there is another email that you would receive after the 'ready for scheduling' email and before the 2NL? I'm always paranoid that something has slipped through the cracks since I received my 'ready for scheduling' email so early in June last year and haven't heard anything since :oops:
Nope you’re good! The next email you’ll receive is the one I quoted above once your interview is schedule :) I understand the anxiety though, I’ve been a stinking hot mess for the past year during this process

Hi guys, im a bit late submitting my documents, im trying to get the police certificate, but i was told by my local police station that i need to get one the the australian federal police for immigration related checks?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

Hi guys, im a bit late submitting my documents, im trying to get the police certificate, but i was told by my local police station that i need to get one the the australian federal police for immigration related checks?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

You should be referring to the reciprocity page. As you're Australian, yes, you need a specific type of AFP check (Code ‘33’ – Immigration/Citizenship – for supply to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.)

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.
By not submitting your documents yet do you mean you also haven’t submitted the form DS260?

Yeah you certainly are “a bit late” almost to the point of you may not get an interview late.

You need to make it your priority TODAY 29 APRIL 2021 to apply for your (and any of your derivatives aged over 15 (I think) AFP police certificate, option 33 as has already been correctly said, do NOT apply for option 35, that includes finger prints, is more expensive, not necessary and takes longer.

Remember you need the physical original AFP police certificate for your interview, not some printed colour copy, as the original has security features on it the Consulate know to look for to confirm it’s genuine.

I would be asking the AFP today if they can also email you a copy of the original certificate as soon as it is printed so you can email the copy to KCC along with your other documents.

Do you have your other documents? You know what other documents you need to email KCC?

You’ve completed the DS260?, as completing the DS260 is certainly not a 5 minute job, especially if your including derivatives, and/or you have moved around a lot, and/or worked a lot of jobs as you have to list EVERY address you have lived at, including dates, and EVERY job you have worked at, including dates and duties performed.

If you are going to apply to qualify for the DV on genuine work experience be sure to list your work duties on the DS260 that are consistent with the O*Net job zone 4 SVP 7.0> job you will be relying upon at your interview.

This is why I am saying you have really left this late, as there is a lot of vetting and security checks done on you and any of your derivatives by the US BEFORE you are scheduled for a interview, that takes time in any normal year, and this year is far from being normal, ALOT of time was lost due to Trump’s executive orders banning immigration, and Biden’s delays in removing Trump’s executive orders.

Once you are scheduled for an interview you also need to schedule a medical, there are only one to two doctors in each Australian State who can do these medicals, and given all Oceania selectees are now “current” those doctors, like KCC, will be swamped by Oceania selectees and their derivatives.

Also remember in nine days from
Now DV2022 results come out, so around 100k+ new selectees will be eligible to send their documents to KCC, so KCC will likely be swamped with documents in just over a week.

Good luck

If your being interviewed at Sydney the Sydney consulate reciprocity page has details for each Australian State and territory of what exactly you need for court records.

it’s not just convictions you need details for, its any charges, so even where charges were dropped or no convictions were recorded you would still need to provide the court record for those types of matters.

The FAM makes it clear mitigating circumstances on sentence is irrelevant. According to the FAM the CO will treat you no differently between a deliberate criminal act and you committing the same criminal act by pure accident, like for example, Australia’s notorious federal (and ridiculous) “strict liability” offences, where the prosecution only have to prove an offence occurred, even if they caused it to occur - examples of this (which of course you never see on “Border Security”) is Border Force tells you after coming off a long haul international flight the apple you were given inflight by the airliner is ok, only to have it detected by quarantine and be charged with failure to declare food - that’s a common scenario which the Australian government has (successfully) appealed to the highest courts - strict liability, in other words you are to know the law even if those who enforce it don’t - no conviction recorded (s 19B Commonwealth Crimes Act) are next to impossible to get on commonwealth offences, unless of course your Jonny Depp - to get the no conviction recorded you must NOT be fined - if the judge fines you even $1 they lose the discretion to not record a conviction.

I would be printing out the requirements from the reciprocity page for what state you are in and going back to the court Registry to make sure what they have given you is what is required - my experience as a former public servant (Qld) who has dealt with many government departments is court Registry staff can be absolutely useless until they are exposed making a mistake, then they become experts at covering their mistakes.

This is the one year you don’t want to be on AP chasing up CORRECT court records, only to have another COVID-19 lockdown declared (like in Perth last week) and the court Registry closes for months.
This question was for New Zealand but thanks for the info.

Court Records

For any conviction in New Zealand you must obtain the court record from the actual court where the conviction occured, NOT the Ministry of Justice central office.

Had checked the reciprocity page for NZ, and there wasn't a lot of info, just about contacting the court where the conviction occured.

Thanks!

AFP website - and go to 'national police checks'. Follow the prompts and be sure to select reason code 33.
Mine was a pretty quick turn around of a week so jump on it now and hopefully you'll get it back really soon!

Is the heading on yours:
"Immigration/Citizenship - Australia
Name Check Only" ?

Just making sure because the first time I requested a police check they erroneously sent me a full disclosure check.

By not submitting your documents yet do you mean you also haven’t submitted the form DS260?

Yeah you certainly are “a bit late” almost to the point of you may not get an interview late.

You need to make it your priority TODAY 29 APRIL 2021 to apply for your (and any of your derivatives aged over 15 (I think) AFP police certificate, option 33 as has already been correctly said, do NOT apply for option 35, that includes finger prints, is more expensive, not necessary and takes longer.

Remember you need the physical original AFP police certificate for your interview, not some printed colour copy, as the original has security features on it the Consulate know to look for to confirm it’s genuine.

I would be asking the AFP today if they can also email you a copy of the original certificate as soon as it is printed so you can email the copy to KCC along with your other documents.

Do you have your other documents? You know what other documents you need to email KCC?

You’ve completed the DS260?, as completing the DS260 is certainly not a 5 minute job, especially if your including derivatives, and/or you have moved around a lot, and/or worked a lot of jobs as you have to list EVERY address you have lived at, including dates, and EVERY job you have worked at, including dates and duties performed.

If you are going to apply to qualify for the DV on genuine work experience be sure to list your work duties on the DS260 that are consistent with the O*Net job zone 4 SVP 7.0> job you will be relying upon at your interview.

This is why I am saying you have really left this late, as there is a lot of vetting and security checks done on you and any of your derivatives by the US BEFORE you are scheduled for a interview, that takes time in any normal year, and this year is far from being normal, ALOT of time was lost due to Trump’s executive orders banning immigration, and Biden’s delays in removing Trump’s executive orders.

Once you are scheduled for an interview you also need to schedule a medical, there are only one to two doctors in each Australian State who can do these medicals, and given all Oceania selectees are now “current” those doctors, like KCC, will be swamped by Oceania selectees and their derivatives.

Also remember in nine days from
Now DV2022 results come out, so around 100k+ new selectees will be eligible to send their documents to KCC, so KCC will likely be swamped with documents in just over a week.

Good luck
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I have submitted my DS260 on the 27th April. My case number was really high OC30XX so i didnt think i would have a chance, I only stumbled upon the latest Visa Bulletin a couple days ago and was stressing out.

I have submitted my application for the AFP police certificate yesterday.

I have all the other documents (passport and birth certificate) at hand and ready to submit to the KCC once i get the police certificate.

My DS260 was quite simple, I am not married, no children.

I understand that this is all very late submission, but its worth trying still i think.

Thanks for all the info.

Cheers!

Is the heading on yours:
"Immigration/Citizenship - Australia
Name Check Only" ?

Just making sure because the first time I requested a police check they erroneously sent me a full disclosure check.
That’s right!

The AFP actually changed the header for reason code 33 in December 2020. Before then it read:
“Complete Disclosure
All recorded offenses released
Name Check Only”

Now it has the header you quoted. But I confirmed with the AFP that both certificates were valid code 33s and that the change in header was just cosmetic. Hope that helps!

Can we do a roll call of anyone who's got interviews in May?
I'd love to hear your experiences! Mostly so I can live through you as we wait for any 2NLs to go out.
yes, also very keen to hear from people with upcoming interviews!
Also to find out if there are any patterns i.e.. early, mid, late month and any specific week days they are scheduled on. (conscious that it could be different for each consulate, so please let us know where)
Thank you all :)

Can we do a roll call of anyone who's got interviews in May?
I'd love to hear your experiences! Mostly so I can live through you as we wait for any 2NLs to go out.
Hi Melb2021, AusJess27,
OC14xx, still waiting, can't see much movement. Thinking of joining a lawsuit (Charles kuck requires registration by April 30 USA time) Have you had these thoughts at all?

Hi Melb2021, AusJess27,
OC14xx, still waiting, can't see much movement. Thinking of joining a lawsuit (Charles kuck requires registration by April 30 USA time) Have you had these thoughts at all?
I haven't even thought about that! I thought it was only for DV2020?

Hi Melb2021, AusJess27,
I definitely thought about it, but I was also naive to think that OC might get moving along as Aust is heading back to some kind of normalcy. Do you have the link or details of the case? I've seen it online and through BritSimons videos but I thought it closed on March 30? I'm not sure my partner and I could afford it right now, but then, that seems silly in the scheme of this opportunity! So conflicted.

I definitely thought about it, but I was also naive to think that OC might get moving along as Aust is heading back to some kind of normalcy. Do you have the link or details of the case? I've seen it online and through BritSimons videos but I thought it closed on March 30? I'm not sure my partner and I could afford it right now, but then, that seems silly in the scheme of this opportunity! So conflicted.
dv-2021-mandamus-litigation-onboarding-page

Thanks!
What are you thinking at this stage? It’s such a tough one!
I would like to think that Sydney is pumping out visa interviews and we are so close to receive a 2nl next week or two and wouldn't require some help through litigation?? there is so little information out there regarding scheduling, hopefully more details early next week!

I would like to think that Sydney is pumping out visa interviews and we are so close to receive a 2nl next week or two and wouldn't require some help through litigation?? there is so little information out there regarding scheduling, hopefully more details early next week!
Sydney consulate only interviews one day of the week for DVs (Tuesdays) and then only to 12.00pm

Usually you can only schedule your medical once your interview has been scheduled as you have to take your interview confirmation later to the medical, however, as I said previously, given all Oceania selectees are now current, I wonder if there is anything stopping the doctor doing your medical even though you don't have an interview confirmation letter, on the basis you are current. All you would have to show the doctor is your 1NL with your case number and a copy of the VB. Maybe say you want a medical now as you may not be available for a medical later when "your interview is scheduled" but there is no problem now having the medical as it is valid for 6 months and you are "current".

Maybe the doctor wont't care about interview confirmation letter. $700 is $700 to a doctor, so if your financially secure, why not try to get a medical appointment, at worst you will pay $700 for some immunisations, but at best, if you have your medical you can then continually call KCC and the Sydney consulate and sell yourself that you have had a medical and your ready for any interview spot NOW.

As I said previously, some DV2020 selectees got their interviews and VISA in the dying days of September 2020 by continually calling KCC and the embassies.