• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

A call from USCIS of Alabama. Our cases have been approved and we will receive our Green Cards soon.

Like someone says in this forum Free at last. Free at last.... (I am still waiting to have the card in my hands)

I hope You're the next DV21M.

Congrats Byoldas. !!!!!

OMG NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
MOM PLEASE FEEL FREE TO YELL AT ME! I WILL GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY YELL AT ME.
OMG I CANT EVEN BREATHE!
OMG Congratulations to you both!!!!!!

OMG NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
MOM PLEASE FEEL FREE TO YELL AT ME! I WILL GIVE YOU MY PHONE NUMBER SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY YELL AT ME.
OMG I CANT EVEN BREATHE!
Although i didnt say anything all this time ..i was follwing you all this days and hoping the best for you !...congratualtions and enjoy you next chapter :)

Hi everyone!
@miemie I reply to your post as me (derivative) and my husband (main applicant) are in Nashville too.
@Sm1smom We had our biometric on 09/07/21 and the interview on 09/08/21 in Nashville FO. The interview went really well and we had pretty much the same experience as other users had in Nashville. At the end of the interview, the officer (a really nice and kind lady) said everything seems good and that she needs to run some extra checks in the system and if everything is good and she has no other questions we will receive our cards in a couple of weeks. (My husband is in J1 and has not the 2-year rule, I am in J2)
However, a couple of weeks have gone and online is still "my interview is completed and my case must be reviewed".
We initiated a congressional inquiry yesterday and we have not heard back from it yet.
Today in the late afternoon we tried to call but there was no way that we could connect to an agent, instead, we managed to initiate an expedite request -explaining the situation- with a live agent.
I am writing this post, as the deadline is approaching and we start being genuinely worried, and I really need your help on what else would be recommended to do.
Thank you everyone in advance!!

Alright, I do not know where to begin... I even told the Starbucks lady that I got my green card, she was not amused lol
I am overwhelmed right now, I feel free and that is all thank to you guys.
@Sm1smom I will never be able to thank you for your patience with me. Your patience, your kindness, your knowledge and your willingness to helo total strangers that, admittedly, were annoying as f*** sometimes (it's me lol I am the annoying one).
@SusieQQQ I met you on another forum and you redirected me here, I would have completely blown up my application if it was not for that and this forum.
It really blows my mind that I ran into you both, that I found two people so patient and so kind that put up with, basically, my anxiety at its worse. Therapist make a lot of money for less!!!! You are a blessing to the diversity program selectees, and I will be forever grateful to you and for you.

@Blade_ @raphael1899 @Milz looool speaking of freaking out... thank you for putting up with me, thank you for lending me a hand accompanying me through these nerve racking months. Thank you for having faith for me when I was unable to.
@ritallight Girl, you need a tarot reading business like yesterday!!! Thank you for your prayers and for sharing this journey with me.

@Byoldas @Machidargos Thank you for being my New Orleans mates. Sharing this weeks with you and fighting for our cases alongside you made all the difference, I would have gone crazy without you

Everyone in this forum feels like family, we have been together for more than a year day in and day out. What am I gonna do without talking to you everyday? Can we like, stay all around here and just chat and hang around or something? lol

I still cannot believe today, I don't think I will fully grasp how much my life has changed with one 30 seconds phone call today.
Thank you with the biggest of hearts right now. Thank you all!

Hi everyone!
@miemie I reply to your post as me (derivative) and my husband (main applicant) are in Nashville too.
@Sm1smom We had our biometric on 09/07/21 and the interview on 09/08/21 in Nashville FO. The interview went really well and we had pretty much the same experience as other users had in Nashville. At the end of the interview, the officer (a really nice and kind lady) said everything seems good and that she needs to run some extra checks in the system and if everything is good and she has no other questions we will receive our cards in a couple of weeks. (My husband is in J1 and has not the 2-year rule, I am in J2)
However, a couple of weeks have gone and online is still "my interview is completed and my case must be reviewed".
We initiated a congressional inquiry yesterday and we have not heard back from it yet.
Today in the late afternoon we tried to call but there was no way that we could connect to an agent, instead, we managed to initiate an expedite request -explaining the situation- with a live agent.
I am writing this post, as the deadline is approaching and we start being genuinely worried, and I really need your help on what else would be recommended to do.
Thank you everyone in advance!!
If the IO informed you they needed to run some extra checks in the system, that is an indication to me that your background check clearance was still pending at the time of your interview. Until that clears, the IO cannot approve your case, and there’s really nothing you can do except to remain patient and hopeful. The good news is your FO is familiar with DV cases. In general,USCIS tend to work really hard to get DV based applications processed and approved the closer the FY gets towards the end (this includes trying as much as they can to clear pending background check clearance). You’ve initiated a congressional inquiry, you’ve initiated an expedite request, all you can do at this point is to remain hopeful for now.

Alright, I do not know where to begin... I even told the Starbucks lady that I got my green card, she was not amused lol
I am overwhelmed right now, I feel free and that is all thank to you guys.
@Sm1smom I will never be able to thank you for your patience with me. Your patience, your kindness, your knowledge and your willingness to helo total strangers that, admittedly, were annoying as f*** sometimes (it's me lol I am the annoying one).
@SusieQQQ I met you on another forum and you redirected me here, I would have completely blown up my application if it was not for that and this forum.
It really blows my mind that I ran into you both, that I found two people so patient and so kind that put up with, basically, my anxiety at its worse. Therapist make a lot of money for less!!!! You are a blessing to the diversity program selectees, and I will be forever grateful to you and for you.

@Blade_ @raphael1899 @Milz looool speaking of freaking out... thank you for putting up with me, thank you for lending me a hand accompanying me through these nerve racking months. Thank you for having faith for me when I was unable to.
@ritallight Girl, you need a tarot reading business like yesterday!!! Thank you for your prayers and for sharing this journey with me.

@Byoldas @Machidargos Thank you for being my New Orleans mates. Sharing this weeks with you and fighting for our cases alongside you made all the difference, I would have gone crazy without you

Everyone in this forum feels like family, we have been together for more than a year day in and day out. What am I gonna do without talking to you everyday? Can we like, stay all around here and just chat and hang around or something? lol

I still cannot believe today, I don't think I will fully grasp how much my life has changed with one 30 seconds phone call today.
Thank you with the biggest of hearts right now. Thank you all!
Congratulations - this thread is about to become boring now that your case as been approved :confused:
While it is okay to want to shout this good news from the top of the highest mountain you can possibly find, don’t go blabbing to your school that you’re now a LPR until after you’ve received the actual GC.

If the IO informed you they needed to run some extra checks in the system, that is an indication to me that your background check clearance was still pending at the time of your interview. Until that clears, the IO cannot approve your case, and there’s really nothing you can do except to remain patient and hopeful. The good news is your FO is familiar with DV cases. In general,USCIS tend to work really hard to get DV based applications processed and approved the closer the FY gets towards the end (this includes trying as much as they can to clear pending background check clearance). You’ve initiated a congressional inquiry, you’ve initiated an expedite request, all you can do at this point is to remain hopeful for now.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it !

Congratulations - this thread is about to become boring now that your case as been approved :confused:
While it is okay to want to shout this good news from the top of the highest mountain you can possibly find, don’t go blabbing to your school that you’re now a LPR until after you’ve received the actual GC.
I… uhm… it’s only two professors that I told tho, the one that wrote me a letter for the application and the one I had class with today because I was bawling while smiling so it was either that or he was about to call someone lol see? I can’t go anywhere, I clearly am lost without you!

I… uhm… it’s only two professors that I told tho, the one that wrote me a letter for the application and the one I had class with today because I was bawling while smiling so it was either that or he was about to call someone lol see? I can’t go anywhere, I clearly am lost without you!
Oh boy! Why Am I not surprised :)

Good luck everyone!!!
Piece of advice: don’t start crying until the IO has explained everything, otherwise you’ll miss it and will have to ask @Blade_ and @raphael1899 for clarification lol

Jokes aside, good luck!

USEFUL TIP/ PARTING GIFT
Hey folks, with the end of your DV FY fast approaching, figured I should share one more parting tip to those who are still on this thread. For those planning on filing for citizenship later on, your 5 year eligibility window will open before you realize it. So it is not too early to start preparing for it now, especially for those traveling out as soon as they got approved to go see loved ones they've not seen for a while. Create a file for tracking your trips, it could be something as simple as a spreadsheet such as this:

DEPARTURE DATEARRIVAL DATETRIP DURATIONDESTINATION COUNTRYADDITIONAL NOTES / COMMENTS
10/01/202011/30/202058 DAYSFRANKFURT, GERMANYFAMILY
01/08/202101/29/202120 DAYSBOGOTA, COLOMBIASELF
08/27/202112/15/2021109 DAYSLONDON, UKCHILD #2 (Study Abroad)

Or as complicated (detailed) as you like. You may decide to track each family members trip separately on a different tab of your spreadsheet (for those with family members who often travel separately), as against tracking everyone's trip on the same tab such as above. It's your call. Just make sure you keep track of your trips, doing so will make your life easier when the time to file for citizenship comes around.

Congratulations again to all those who already got approved. All the best to those still waiting, don't loose hope, it is not yet over. Like the saying goes: "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"!

USEFUL TIP/ PARTING GIFT
Hey folks, with the end of your DV FY fast approaching, figured I should share one more parting tip to those who are still on this thread. For those planning on filing for citizenship later on, your 5 year eligibility window will open before you realize it. So it is not too early to start preparing for it now, especially for those traveling out as soon as they got approved to go see loved ones they've not seen for a while. Create a file for tracking your trips, it could be something as simple as a spreadsheet such as this:

DEPARTURE DATEARRIVAL DATETRIP DURATIONDESTINATION COUNTRYADDITIONAL NOTES / COMMENTS
10/01/202011/30/202058 DAYSFRANKFURT, GERMANYFAMILY
01/08/202101/29/202120 DAYSBOGOTA, COLOMBIASELF
08/27/202112/15/2021109 DAYSLONDON, UKCHILD #2 (Study Abroad)

Or as complicated (detailed) as you like. You may decide to track each family members trip separately on a different tab of your spreadsheet (for those with family members who often travel separately), as against tracking everyone's trip on the same tab such as above. It's your call. Just make sure you keep track of your trips, doing so will make your life easier when the time to file for citizenship comes around.

Congratulations again to all those who already got approved. All the best to those still waiting, don't loose hope, it is not yet over. Like the saying goes: "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"!
Excellent advice - especially given fewer countries are stamping passports so tracking trips the heavy duty way is not always possible anymore.

(btw, if you file n400 online it automatically calculates the number of days absent for you when you enter the trip dates, but for those who spend a lot of time out the country you may want to track this yourself to ensure you meet the physical presence & continuous residence requirements for naturalization)

Hello Mom,

We had our interview today. The officer said that we have to redo the medical examination because the Doctor's license was revoked prior to our examination in March. I have the letter for redoing the examination where it says I need to submit it back by December 2021. I am trying to get it done before the end of the fiscal year. Would it be ok if we could not complete it before September 30?
Thank you,

Hello Mom,

We had our interview today. The officer said that we have to redo the medical examination because the Doctor's license was revoked prior to our examination in March. I have the letter for redoing the examination where it says I need to submit it back by December 2021. I am trying to get it done before the end of the fiscal year. Would it be ok if we could not complete it before September 30?
Thank you,
NOPE!
Do the medical ASAP and mail it to the FO.
The approval of your I-485 must be completed by COB 9/30/2021.

Hello Mom,

Thank you,
You don’t have to go to the doctor listed as the closest to you, btw. As long as it’s on the USCIS website it is fine, I did that.
I’d call a bunch until you can find one that sees you tomorrow and then overnight the results with a letter emphasizing the urgency of the deadline