• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

We got an update...
After the expedite request, we did with a live agent, my husband's case online changed to "my expedite request received" but mine has not changed and it is still "my interview has completed..."
Any thoughts?

Hello Mom,

We had our interview today. The officer said that we have to redo the medical examination because the Doctor's license was revoked prior to our examination in March. I have the letter for redoing the examination where it says I need to submit it back by December 2021. I am trying to get it done before the end of the fiscal year. Would it be ok if we could not complete it before September 30?
Thank you,
Oh wow! what a bummer!! And the doctor knowing his license was already revoked proceeded to conduct the medical exam regardless?
You need to get the medical completed ASAP - preferably no later than the end of this week, to enable you send in the new report right away. Your case must be approved by COB Sept. 30th otherwise it is all over! Take time off work/school if need be, get on the phone and start making calls. The CS doesn't need to be close to you, be prepared to travel outside your State. Proactively work on getting this resolved right away!

We got an update...
After the expedite request, we did with a live agent, my husband's case online changed to "my expedite request received" but mine has not changed and it is still "my interview has completed..."
Any thoughts?
Your online status update being different from your husband's doesn't matter. As long as your background check clears, your case will be approved with your husband's (you're the derivative, right?).

Oh wow! what a bummer!! And the doctor knowing his license was already revoked proceeded to conduct the medical exam regardless?
You need to get the medical completed ASAP - preferably no later than the end of this week, to enable you send in the new report right away. Your case must be approved by COB Sept. 30th otherwise it is all over! Take time off work/school if need be, get on the phone and start making calls. The CS doesn't need to be close to you, be prepared to travel outside your State. Proactively work on getting this resolved right away!
And once all that is done - the immediately necessary stuff - you may want to consider filing a claim in the small claims court for him charging for a service he was no longer authorized to perform.

Your online status update being different from your husband's doesn't matter. As long as your background check clears, your case will be approved with your husband's (you're the derivative, right?).
Yes correct.
Also, I called the congressman to check if he received our request from the platform and he said he emailed USCIS and hopefully they will reply back.
I feel hopeless and that it is almost over!

We got an update...
Any thoughts?
Sorry to tell you that, be patient and don't lose hopes....

As I was preparing the privacy release form to send to the other senator, the USCIS called me and told me to come for the interview on Thursday!:eek::D
I guess that call I made with USCIS yesterday did something.

Thanks again for your help!!
Quick question: my country recently changed the passport format. All the old passports will be valid until July 2022. When I applied for AOS I used my "old passport", which has an expiration date of 2023. So all my immigration documents have this passport. I very recently got the new passport with a new passport number, not mentioned anywhere on my AOS application (Also after I had sent my application). So technically I have two valid passports for now. When I go for my interview,

1. Should I mention the new passport to the IO? if yes, will take more time for them to change my file.
2. Should I just keep using the old one and not bring up about the new passport?

Thanks!

No, because they say if you initiate many requests at the same time, it might get further delayed
But that means multiple request with the ombudsman or senator and congressman at once, no? I would initiate one and then send an email explaining your case and putting a lot of emphasis on the deadline part (that is what they told me to do, do not forget to add your case number with them so they can locate the file), and then I would call to also bring attention to both the case and the email.

Thank you so much. I visited the doctor's office they did not know that they are no longer certified for doing the USCIS medical exam. I did try to make appointments. I took a copy of the test results from the doctor's office and got promised for interviews tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully, we will get it done tomorrow evening.

Mom , Someone wrote me 12 mnts ago ,

from anaralune05
< ritallight, hеy) Еmilly, 25, fеmаlе. Frоm USА. Writе mе оnly in КIK mеssеngеr fоr frее sеx chаt, my usеrnаmе: emi9541

But that means multiple request with the ombudsman or senator and congressman at once, no? I would initiate one and then send an email explaining your case and putting a lot of emphasis on the deadline part (that is what they told me to do, do not forget to add your case number with them so they can locate the file), and then I would call to also bring attention to both the case and the email.
Contacting the Ombudsman in this case is a example of an abuse of the available follow-up process - as this will simply up their time (as they review the submission) and waste the precious time that could be devoted to other cases that truly warrants Ombudsman’s office’s assistance. Yes, the FY is about to end, however this is not a situation that warrants contacting the Ombudsman’s office for case follow up assistance. OP has already been interviewed. OP’s FO is familiar with DV based cases and the sunset factor associated with them. OP has already initiated both a congressional inquiry and an expedite inquiry. Basically OP just needs to wait. As long as the background check clears, they will be approved.

Contacting the Ombudsman in this case is a example of an abuse of the available follow-up process - as this will simply up their time (as they review the submission) and waste the precious time that could be devoted to other cases that truly warrants Ombudsman’s office’s assistance. Yes, the FY is about to end, however this is not a situation that warrants contacting the Ombudsman’s office for case follow up assistance. OP has already been interviewed. OP’s FO is familiar with DV based cases and the sunset factor associated with them. OP has already initiated both a congressional inquiry and an expedite inquiry. Basically OP just needs to wait. As long as the background check clears, they will be approved.
Ah! That makes sense. I misunderstood the issue

Thank you so much. I visited the doctor's office they did not know that they are no longer certified for doing the USCIS medical exam. I did try to make appointments. I took a copy of the test results from the doctor's office and got promised for interviews tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully, we will get it done tomorrow evening.
They didn’t know they’re no longer certified? That’s a BS excuse they just gave you.
I hope tomorrow’s appointment is indeed a confirmed one for you. If this was my case, I wouldn’t stop searching and calling until I get a confirmed appointment between today and Friday, at the latest. Monday is rather late IMO. And as soon as the report gets completed, I will be visiting the FO to submit the new medical report in person that same day. Yes, visiting the FO without an appointment is a gamble, but the security guards can be reasoned with and they been known to be lenient depending on the situation and the associated urgency.

Really? https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-c-chapter-4

Once the decision has been made to initiate the revocation, the officer must serve the physician with a notice of intent to revoke by Certified Mail/Return Receipt Requested or other method that provides proof of delivery. The notice must clearly state the exact grounds for the intended revocation and include copies of any relevant evidence. The officer must give the physician 30 days from the date of the notice to respond with countervailing evidence. The physician may be represented by private counsel at his or her own expense.

How would they not know?

By the way, did they offer to reimburse you the cost of the useless medical you paid for?

Quick question: my country recently changed the passport format. All the old passports will be valid until July 2022. When I applied for AOS I used my "old passport", which has an expiration date of 2023. So all my immigration documents have this passport. I very recently got the new passport with a new passport number, not mentioned anywhere on my AOS application (Also after I had sent my application). So technically I have two valid passports for now. When I go for my interview,

1. Should I mention the new passport to the IO? if yes, will take more time for them to change my file.
2. Should I just keep using the old one and not bring up about the new passport?

Thanks!
Hey @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ , do you have any suggestions regarding my question? Thanks a lot!

Last edited: