• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello @Sm1smom,
I am writing this post as I have exhausted my options and efforts. Let me quickly resume my case. Me and my wife interviewed for AOS on august 2nd. USCIS took her bios from a previous case, and I was called for biometrics 2 weeks later, after our first congressional inquiry, which expedited the biometrics. I have done everything available from multiple congressional inquiries, ombudsman inquiry, info passes, expedite case requests… but they say the same thing every time.
“U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirms that the case remains under review at this time by an officer cognizant of the Diversity Visa lottery status of the case. Please allow for this review and reply correspondence to the constituent from the agency.
We hope you find this information helpful. Should you require further assistance, please contact us”. I am desperate at this point; I cannot sleep, and when I sleep all I dream about is getting my green card. Is there anything else I can do at this point? Both of our cases are stuck on “interview was completed case must be reviewed” since august 2nd after our interview

Thank yo
You don’t have to go to the doctor listed as the closest to you, btw. As long as it’s on the USCIS website it is fine, I did that.
I’d call a bunch until you can find one that sees you tomorrow and then overnight the results with a letter emphasizing the urgency of the deadline
Thank you I did that. I have an appointment tomorrow and they are going to use the lab results from my previous medical which expedites the process.

And once all that is done - the immediately necessary stuff - you may want to consider filing a claim in the small claims court for him charging for a service he was no longer authorized to perform.
When I asked them about it they were shocked. They were still doing the medical as of today. They provided me the lab results which will be used for my medical that is scheduled for tomorrow evening. Plus they are willing to pay the amount that I need to pay tomorrow. Once I get this stuff done then I may consider something like what you suggested.

It has been a long journey for me.
Here is my time line
aos +medical package delivery 3/25
NOA 5/02
7/12 bio notice
9/13 interview notice (call from FO)
9/20 interview
Arrived at FO and was allowed in 20 minutes before the interview. Sat in the lobby waiting for like 10 minutes. An officer came from across the hallway and asked me to follow her to her office (not the regular interview rooms). She asked me for my DL and passport, where i go to school to . First names of my parents and how many kids I have then a few yes or no questions. She told me she had everything she needed to approve my case except my medical was not completely filled. She showed me in the vaccination record , one of the boxes (Dtap) was not checked. she gave me an RFE and told me as soon as she gets the medical she will approve my case. in the rfe she included that it needed to be delivered before 9/30 and i could do so in person. I drove to my doctors office (80 miles away) and the secretary who prepared my paperwork said she was sorry she was new and didn't know what she was doing back then and that 3 others were also sent back for corrections. Now I trusted them and i didn't go through every single thing to make sure it was filled correctly since i had never done it and i thought they must know. i waited for doctors signature for 5 hrs as he was in the covid unit seeing patients (90 covid patients in small town :eek:.) Anyways i sent through UPS overnight on monday, delivered onTuesday 9:30 am. Today at 3pm my case changed to new card being produced. i have been on F1 for 11 years and i am super excited to become a permanent resident (when the card arrives)
I found this group after i had sent my package and i wish i had earlier.
Thanks mom and everybody else who have helped make this process successful. I think i need some depression and anxiety medication at this point.

They didn’t know they’re no longer certified? That’s a BS excuse they just gave you.
I hope tomorrow’s appointment is indeed a confirmed one for you. If this was my case, I wouldn’t stop searching and calling until I get a confirmed appointment between today and Friday, at the latest. Monday is rather late IMO. And as soon as the report gets completed, I will be visiting the FO to submit the new medical report in person that same day. Yes, visiting the FO without an appointment is a gamble, but the security guards can be reasoned with and they been known to be lenient depending on the situation and the associated urgency.
Yes, that was what they told me. I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow evening. Luckily, they are going to use the lab results from my old medical. The officer was also kind of insisting on getting the medical before Sep 31 to make sure that I do not have a problem with my visa. The officer wrote me her name and said bring it to our office asap. If I complete the medical tomorrow I will submit it to the FO the day after tomorrow early in the morning.

Really? https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-c-chapter-4

Once the decision has been made to initiate the revocation, the officer must serve the physician with a notice of intent to revoke by Certified Mail/Return Receipt Requested or other method that provides proof of delivery. The notice must clearly state the exact grounds for the intended revocation and include copies of any relevant evidence. The officer must give the physician 30 days from the date of the notice to respond with countervailing evidence. The physician may be represented by private counsel at his or her own expense.

How would they not know?

By the way, did they offer to reimburse you the cost of the useless medical you paid for?
Thank you. They promised to reimburse the cost of the new medical exam as soon as I provide them its receipt.

When I asked them about it they were shocked. They were still doing the medical as of today. They provided me the lab results which will be used for my medical that is scheduled for tomorrow evening. Plus they are willing to pay the amount that I need to pay tomorrow. Once I get this stuff done then I may consider something like what you suggested.
I don't see any point in filing a claim in the small claims court if they've already promised to reimburse you for the cost of the new medical report and they indeed follow-up with the promise once you provide them with your receipt.

Hello @Sm1smom,
I am writing this post as I have exhausted my options and efforts. Let me quickly resume my case. Me and my wife interviewed for AOS on august 2nd. USCIS took her bios from a previous case, and I was called for biometrics 2 weeks later, after our first congressional inquiry, which expedited the biometrics. I have done everything available from multiple congressional inquiries, ombudsman inquiry, info passes, expedite case requests… but they say the same thing every time.
“U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirms that the case remains under review at this time by an officer cognizant of the Diversity Visa lottery status of the case. Please allow for this review and reply correspondence to the constituent from the agency.
We hope you find this information helpful. Should you require further assistance, please contact us”. I am desperate at this point; I cannot sleep, and when I sleep all I dream about is getting my green card. Is there anything else I can do at this point? Both of our cases are stuck on “interview was completed case must be reviewed” since august 2nd after our interview
Seems like your case is in AP due to pending background check clearance. If that is the case, there's really nothing more you can do at this point except keep your fingers crossed and keep hoping for the best. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case?

Here is my time line
NOA 5/02
7/12 bio notice
9/20 interview
Arrived at FO and was allowed in 20 minutes before the interview. Sat in the lobby waiting for like 10 minutes. An officer came from across the hallway and asked me to follow her to her office (not the regular interview rooms). She asked me for my DL and passport, where i go to school to . First names of my parents and how many kids I have then a few yes or no questions. She told me she had everything she needed to approve my case except my medical was not completely filled. She showed me in the vaccination record , one of the boxes (Dtap) was not checked. she gave me an RFE and told me as soon as she gets the medical she will approve my case. in the rfe she included that it needed to be delivered before 9/30 and i could do so in person. I drove to my doctors office (80 miles away) and the secretary who prepared my paperwork said she was sorry she was new and didn't know what she was doing back then and that 3 others were also sent back for corrections. Now I trusted them and i didn't go through every single thing to make sure it was filled correctly since i had never done it and i thought they must know. i waited for doctors signature for 5 hrs as he was in the covid unit seeing patients (90 covid patients in small town :eek:.) Anyways i sent through UPS overnight on monday, delivered onTuesday 9:30 am. Today at 3pm my case changed to new card being produced. i have been on F1 for 11 years and i am super excited to become a permanent resident (when the card arrives)
Thanks mom and everybody else who have helped make this process successful. I think i need some depression and anxiety medication at this point.
Congratulations.

Here is my time line
NOA 5/02
7/12 bio notice
9/20 interview
Congrats!!!!

Here is my time line
NOA 5/02
7/12 bio notice
9/20 interview
Congratulations, I have the feeling after long time with F1 become free and a permanent resident.
Good luck with your new status and life.

I don't see any point in filing a claim in the small claims court if they've already promised to reimburse you for the cost of the new medical report and they indeed follow-up with the promise once you provide them with your receipt.
Is there an issue with using the lab results from March 2021 while they do the physical tomorrow? Any information is appreciated!

Obviously your medical was accepted even you used results from April. Right?
Obviously! AFAIK, even the medical examination can be done within a year of the submission date. It is only the signature that should be no more than 60 days old.

USEFUL TIP/ PARTING GIFT
Hey folks, with the end of your DV FY fast approaching, figured I should share one more parting tip to those who are still on this thread. For those planning on filing for citizenship later on, your 5 year eligibility window will open before you realize it. So it is not too early to start preparing for it now, especially for those traveling out as soon as they got approved to go see loved ones they've not seen for a while. Create a file for tracking your trips, it could be something as simple as a spreadsheet such as this:

DEPARTURE DATEARRIVAL DATETRIP DURATIONDESTINATION COUNTRYADDITIONAL NOTES / COMMENTS
10/01/202011/30/202058 DAYSFRANKFURT, GERMANYFAMILY
01/08/202101/29/202120 DAYSBOGOTA, COLOMBIASELF
08/27/202112/15/2021109 DAYSLONDON, UKCHILD #2 (Study Abroad)

Or as complicated (detailed) as you like. You may decide to track each family members trip separately on a different tab of your spreadsheet (for those with family members who often travel separately), as against tracking everyone's trip on the same tab such as above. It's your call. Just make sure you keep track of your trips, doing so will make your life easier when the time to file for citizenship comes around.

Congratulations again to all those who already got approved. All the best to those still waiting, don't loose hope, it is not yet over. Like the saying goes: "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"!
Thank you for this advice & info

USEFUL TIP/ PARTING GIFT
Hey folks, with the end of your DV FY fast approaching, figured I should share one more parting tip to those who are still on this thread. For those planning on filing for citizenship later on, your 5 year eligibility window will open before you realize it. So it is not too early to start preparing for it now, especially for those traveling out as soon as they got approved to go see loved ones they've not seen for a while. Create a file for tracking your trips, it could be something as simple as a spreadsheet such as this:

DEPARTURE DATEARRIVAL DATETRIP DURATIONDESTINATION COUNTRYADDITIONAL NOTES / COMMENTS
10/01/202011/30/202058 DAYSFRANKFURT, GERMANYFAMILY
01/08/202101/29/202120 DAYSBOGOTA, COLOMBIASELF
08/27/202112/15/2021109 DAYSLONDON, UKCHILD #2 (Study Abroad)

Or as complicated (detailed) as you like. You may decide to track each family members trip separately on a different tab of your spreadsheet (for those with family members who often travel separately), as against tracking everyone's trip on the same tab such as above. It's your call. Just make sure you keep track of your trips, doing so will make your life easier when the time to file for citizenship comes around.

Congratulations again to all those who already got approved. All the best to those still waiting, don't loose hope, it is not yet over. Like the saying goes: "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"!
Thank you for that, Mom!!!

Guys… Please someone tell me there’s a forum like this one, with mom and susie, for that process!!!!!!