• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi, Mom. I had a question regarding my RFE. So I got letter today. And one of required documents says:
An applicant for a diversity immigrant visa is not required to file an affidavit of support on form l-864 at the time he or she applies for the visa. However, the lmmigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of an officer of the United States Citizenship and lmmigration
Services (USCIS) at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge.

So it doesn't say you have to fill I-864 but ot says you have to personal fund or somebody (relatives or friends) can fund you in the future until your employment. I'm F1 OPT student here and I have shown I-20 which is there was shown enough money in there.
So if somebody from US (as my friend) will show that he has enough money on his account and he will support me, is there any official form that he should fill, how he should mention that? Thanks in advance.

Thank your for your reply! There are two applicants in this Forum who I had a conversation with about this matter and they confirmed that USCIS did not know about the interview date. I’m not sure if they don’t mind me tagging them here, so I just let them confirm this if they like to do so.

If that’s the only way, let’s just hope that we receive IL in time and without any issues.
Confirm

Not sure where you got the information about some people having difficulties receiving their letters and they subsequently missed their interviews because they did not know of the interview date/time. In this forum, one person reported getting a call from the IO who asked them to come in same day for the interview. Another person reported (today) getting an update which says they failed to show up for an appointment - as of now, there’s no confirmation if this appointment was supposed to be for an interview (which they never got the IL for), or a system glitch.

USPS has been super slow with mail delivery since last year (thanks to Trump’s lackey, DeJoy came onboard), not just since last month. If you’re seeing mail notifications in Informed Delivery which are subsequently not showing up in your mailbox, that is something you’ll need to go sort out with the USPS. Tiers 1 and/or 2 agents sometimes do not see some IL in the system, because some FOs are not updating the information online. Each FO is responsible for scheduling their own interview appointments, there’s no central body responsible for scheduling those, unlike in the case of the bio appointments which the NBC is in charge of. AFAIK, you can’t simply walk up to the FO to talk to a “receptionist” without an INFOPASS appointment, but if it will help put your mind at ease, you can attempt a walk-in to see if the security guards will allow you in.
Indeed

Hi, Mom. I had a question regarding my RFE. So I got letter today. And one of required documents says:
An applicant for a diversity immigrant visa is not required to file an affidavit of support on form l-864 at the time he or she applies for the visa. However, the lmmigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of an officer of the United States Citizenship and lmmigration
Services (USCIS) at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge.

So it doesn't say you have to fill I-864 but ot says you have to personal fund or somebody (relatives or friends) can fund you in the future until your employment. I'm F1 OPT student here and I have shown I-20 which is there was shown enough money in there.
So if somebody from US (as my friend) will show that he has enough money on his account and he will support me, is there any official form that he should fill, how he should mention that? Thanks in advance.
I134. Discussed in the spreadsheet.

Hello all
I finally got biometrics letter for my children but as I was looking at it and comparing it to the biometrics letter I got when I applied for asylum I realized that my daughter had already done code 3 at the time we did biometrics in 2016 but her biometrics was not waived ( mine was and I did code 3). I’m worried that this might be a sign of some error in the ucis system. Is there anything that would lead this to happen?
field office: Newark
ASC: Elizabeth

Hello all
I finally got biometrics letter for my children but as I was looking at it and comparing it to the biometrics letter I got when I applied for asylum I realized that my daughter had already done code 3 at the time we did biometrics in 2016 but her biometrics was not waived ( mine was and I did code 3). I’m worried that this might be a sign of some error in the ucis system. Is there anything that would lead this to happen?
Not an answer, just a wild guess: maybe she was too young 5 years ago and they need to redo?

I went today to check if they allow walk-ins for bio but no luck. Do Omaha accept walk-in bios?
I'm not sure if Omaha accept walk-ins, but I might try one of these days. I am 6 hrs away from Omaha, so NBC scheduled my bio appointment at Casper, WY which is closer. I tried to do a walk in at Casper, but it was unsuccessful because they have a fix schedule for biometrics posted on the entrance door.

Hello all
Yours were reused from 5 years ago? That seems very long for a reuse

Yours were reused from 5 years ago? That seems very long for a reuse
Yea I’m not sure if they reused something else. 5 years ago was the last time I went to the ucis for biometrics but a year ago I did a background check for a job but it was not at ucis so I’m not sure if that has some sort of impact.
Not an answer, just a wild guess: maybe she was too young 5 years ago and they need to redo?
she was 14 at the time and did the full 10 finger prints and she’s 18 now so maybe that has some impact.

Your friend, who should be a USC or a LPR, will need to fill out an I-134. They will also need to provide you with the applicable supporting documents for the I-134 - take a look at the AOS package tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for recommended documents demonstrating financial strength

Your friend, who should be a USC or a LPR, will need to fill out an I-134. They will also need to provide you with the applicable supporting documents for the I-134 - take a look at the AOS package tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for recommended documents demonstrating financial strength
Thank you so much, Mom

Hi mates,

Small update of my case. When I received my receipt on July 16 I sent my AOS package the same day as a priority. It arrived on Saturday, July 17. The file was accepted on Monday, July 19 and I received a text notification on July 21. On July 22 the NOA was sent ( stamp on the envelope) , I received it 8 days later.

The processing was quick but the mail for NOA took 8 days to arrive. I hope the next part goes as fast.

Wait and see as usual :)

Take care guys