• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

UPDATE: both our statuses show new card being produced!! I just can't believe it's over!! My tons of thanks to every one of you here who helped us to reach the final stage. Countless thanks to Mom and Sussie! I feel so blessed :)
Congrats!!

This evening, we've received our physical GCs in the mail; Spouse (who's Primary Applicant), our daughter and myself. Again big THANK YOU to everyone in this amazing forum especially @Sm1smom for her selfless guidance & SusieQQQ for her great analysis & answers and of course each one's contribution.
Observation:
Our daughter's GC has a typo on her DoB (date is wrong but month & year are correct). The back page has instructions of what to do in case the info is incorrect.
Question:
Does this qualify to request for a re-print of her card in an expedited process before end of FY?
Thank you

My partner and I are still waiting for a biometrics letter (NOA dated June 23rd), and the Tier 1 live chat agents are telling me it's not scheduled yet.

When I tried to press as politely as I could, the agent reported that our case "is processing at the San Jose Field Office", and sent me to the web page that says I-485s at San Jose have a 22-25 month processing time, and not to make an inquiry until it's been ~2 years. I explained the DV timeline, and the agent responded "Please submit the e-Request for your biometrics notice" -- does anyone think that's worth pursuing?

Does our cases being with the FO seem consistent with the biometrics not being scheduled yet? I want to be encouraged by the idea our case is with the FO, as I know from reports from this year and previous years that the San Jose FO is generally on-the-ball with DV cases, so I'm hoping if our file has made it that far then we're in with a decent shot of getting this done in time. Note sure if the agent was just telling me what I wanted to hear though, tbh.

This evening, we've received our physical GCs in the mail; Spouse (who's Primary Applicant), our daughter and myself. Again big THANK YOU to everyone in this amazing forum especially @Sm1smom for her selfless guidance & SusieQQQ for her great analysis & answers and of course each one's contribution.
Observation:
Our daughter's GC has a typo on her DoB (date is wrong but month & year are correct). The back page has instructions of what to do in case the info is incorrect.
Question:
Does this qualify to request for a re-print of her card in an expedited process before end of FY?
Thank you
Congratulations on your successful completion.

You’ll need to apply for a replacement GC for your daughter. Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as re-printing the GC in an expedited process. It usually takes several months for a replacement card to get issued, and it doesn’t matter if this happens several months after the FY is already over, the FY ending no longer matters in this case.

You need to check the I-485 form you submitted for your daughter to confirm the error did not originate from your end. If the error did not originate from you, USCIS will replace the card at no cost to you. If the error originated from you, you will be required to pay for the replacement

My partner and I are still waiting for a biometrics letter (NOA dated June 23rd), and the Tier 1 live chat agents are telling me it's not scheduled yet.

When I tried to press as politely as I could, the agent reported that our case "is processing at the San Jose Field Office", and sent me to the web page that says I-485s at San Jose have a 22-25 month processing time, and not to make an inquiry until it's been ~2 years. I explained the DV timeline, and the agent responded "Please submit the e-Request for your biometrics notice" -- does anyone think that's worth pursuing?

Does our cases being with the FO seem consistent with the biometrics not being scheduled yet? I want to be encouraged by the idea our case is with the FO, as I know from reports from this year and previous years that the San Jose FO is generally on-the-ball with DV cases, so I'm hoping if our file has made it that far then we're in with a decent shot of getting this done in time. Note sure if the agent was just telling me what I wanted to hear though, tbh.
San Jose has demonstrated they’re on top of their game re DV cases (based on a couple of cases that already completed the process this FY). You can chat with EMMA on Monday or call again and hope you’ll get to speak to a more understanding agent who wouldn’t simply send you on a goose chance by referring you to the website.

Not sure where you got the information about some people having difficulties receiving their letters and they subsequently missed their interviews because they did not know of the interview date/time. In this forum, one person reported getting a call from the IO who asked them to come in same day for the interview. Another person reported (today) getting an update which says they failed to show up for an appointment - as of now, there’s no confirmation if this appointment was supposed to be for an interview (which they never got the IL for), or a system glitch.

USPS has been super slow with mail delivery since last year (thanks to Trump’s lackey, DeJoy came onboard), not just since last month. If you’re seeing mail notifications in Informed Delivery which are subsequently not showing up in your mailbox, that is something you’ll need to go sort out with the USPS. Tiers 1 and/or 2 agents sometimes do not see some IL in the system, because some FOs are not updating the information online. Each FO is responsible for scheduling their own interview appointments, there’s no central body responsible for scheduling those, unlike in the case of the bio appointments which the NBC is in charge of. AFAIK, you can’t simply walk up to the FO to talk to a “receptionist” without an INFOPASS appointment, but if it will help put your mind at ease, you can attempt a walk-in to see if the security guards will allow you in.
Thanks Mom. Yes, that's what I meant. Some FOs don't update case status of applicants, therefore tier1/tier2 agents don't know about the status of interview. Same thing happened for an applicant in my FO and tier 1 agents didn't know about their interview dates but they received the letter like couple of days before the interview.

USPS issue is a pain and I have to visit the local office to see what they are saying.

No, update. I contacted a live agent last week and this week and they told me biometrics had been applied to my case and my case was at the Chicago FO. On Monday (26th) I requested a tier 2 callback to see if I can get more info and claiming the time sensitivity/urgency of the dv cases. Today I got a Usps informed delivery email showing something from the Chicago field office is arriving (mailed and dated on the 28th/Wednesday) so will see if it is the IL or not, once I receive it.
Was it IL?

Congratulations on your successful completion.

You’ll need to apply for a replacement GC for your daughter. Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as re-printing the GC in an expedited process. It usually takes several months for a replacement card to get issued, and it doesn’t matter if this happens several months after the FY is already over, the FY ending no longer matters in this case.

You need to check the I-485 form you submitted for your daughter to confirm the error did not originate from your end. If the error did not originate from you, USCIS will replace the card at no cost to you. If the error originated from you, you will be required to pay for the replacement
Thank you @Sm1smom for your response; we've checked her I-485 and noticed that the error originated from our end.

Hey mom,
My interview is august 10th, but I did not get any bio interview yet. My FO is Salt lake. Is it normal, or can I ask them when I got the interview? Should I be worried? Thank you!

Seattle folks (@ysss, @Rudolf19, @DV21AS21***, @resillent) - I just found out that my interview date is September 8th. Given the pattern so far, I guess your interview dates will probably be around the same time.

The way I found out was: I typed "speak to representative" in the Emma chat, and then they assigned me a real person. I then asked them what my interview date is, and they told me. My letter hasn't arrived, but it's good to know the date!
that's great. Thank you for sharing.
@Sm1smom do you recommend requesting an expedited interview since September 8th seems very close to 09/30?
Thank you.

Hey mom,
My interview is august 10th, but I did not get any bio interview yet. My FO is Salt lake. Is it normal, or can I ask them when I got the interview? Should I be worried? Thank you!
Please see the FAQ section of the AOS spreadsheet for this.

that's great. Thank you for sharing.
@Sm1smom do you recommend requesting an expedited interview since September 8th seems very close to 09/30?
Thank you.
You cannot request an expedited or an earlier interview that what you’ve been given as long as the date is within the applicable FY - there’s no justification for it. Your FO has already given you their earliest available date ahead of several non DV based applications they received long before you filed.

Hey guys, besides the interview letter, do I need my NOA for a walk in?
I finally got the letter on the mail today, after spending the whole week trying to distract me from harassing the mail lady lol