• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1. You’ve taken all the necessary steps and done everything that should be done from your end. Now, you just need to be patient.
2. I can’t give you a specific time frame, you’ll just need to also be patient and give the process enough time to work its course. However, if you feel you’ve waited long enough, you can go ahead and initiate one, but bear in mind this is a one time shot which you don’t want to waste. Doing a congressional inquiry on a case that has hardly been pending long enough isn’t likely to make any difference
Thank you so much for your detailed answer. You are right, I also think that I need to wait a couple of more weeks (4 to 6 weeks) before doing a congressional inquiry.

Hi mom,

Like many others who've already reported here, I also got my interview notice today while my Bio has not been scheduled yet.
Is Tier 2 (who I've already asked for like 2 days ago) going to help with the bio scheduling? (in case the bio won't show up till the interview date)

Thanks,
No guarantee the Tier 2 personnel will do that. If you take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet, you’ll see that isn’t listed as one of the likely outcome of what could happen if the interview comes up before or without having completed the bio appointment.

Hello all
I received a letter in the mail saying my biometrics was waived but nothing about my kids (15 and 18). I think it might have to do with the fact that they never did the 10 fingers finger prints
1) is it normal for me to receive updates at a different rate from my children
2) will my children’s delay in biometrics pose an issue for me the primary applicant of receiving approval after interview ?

Whoever here was concerned about their LCA expiring. You can extend it (ie file a new one). I did because my E3 visa expired. It only took 10 days or so to be accepted. So now I have a new LCA which takes me all the way through to Jan 2022 which is when my i94 expires.

Hello all
I received a letter in the mail saying my biometrics was waived but nothing about my kids (15 and 18). I think it might have to do with the fact that they never did the 10 fingers finger prints
1) is it normal for me to receive updates at a different rate from my children
2) will my children’s delay in biometrics pose an issue for me the primary applicant of receiving approval after interview ?
It is okay because you gave your fingerprint before when you applied for other things.
your children did not give fingerprint to them this why they did not get the letter.
Your children will receive their bio letter later or may receive IL before bio, like many people who are getting IL b4 the bio. From what I see here all those who got IL before BIo letter, they gotta both thing done at same time.

I also got fingerprint waived, I had given before with other application, But my wife who is the principal applicant did not even get the bio letter.

View attachment 2708
Please this is my timeline someone should direct me how to update it. Thank you
Hi Emmanuel,
I have several questions.
1. Can I know which USCIS field office yours was?
2. So, basically it took you 3 months overall from the beginning until you got your green card without expediting, correct?
3. May I know on what grounds you requested to expedite your case?

Hello everybody. I have a non-standard situation. My number is active in May. I applied for AOS from asylum pending status, but instead of a lottery interview, we were called in for an asylum interview in May. In June, a letter of refusal came to AOS, but approval for political asylum came, I am now in category A05, the lottery is still valid until September, there is still time, I can’t try to do something else, can I turn to the congressman? My political case was approved, I passed and paid for all the forms, the commission, I was not summoned for an interview on a green card ... Please help with advice ...

Can I change my address once I have sent my package? If yes, can you please tell me how that can be done.
Thankyou
Hey! well yes there are many ways you can do that. If you received your AOS package receipt then you can use it to create an account on uscis.gov and then you will find a link in ur dashboard that will allow you to change ur address. If u don't have that then you can just chat with an uscis agent (using emma) and ask them to update your new address. Best of luck

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding form I-134 and would really appreciate the help.

1)For part 3, question 10-37: is my sponsor supposed to list all of his family members there? also does he have to include me there too?

2) question 38: does he have to say "intend" or "not intend", I don't know what's the right answer should because he didn't specify his contributions. So would it be okay to say "not intend"?

3)aside from the required documents listed on the instruction form, are there other documents my sponsor has to provide like passport or ssn?

Thank you everyone for the help!

Hello everybody. I have a non-standard situation. My number is active in May. I applied for AOS from asylum pending status, but instead of a lottery interview, we were called in for an asylum interview in May. In June, a letter of refusal came to AOS, but approval for political asylum came, I am now in category A05, the lottery is still valid until September, there is still time, I can’t try to do something else, can I turn to the congressman? My political case was approved, I passed and paid for all the forms, the commission, I was not summoned for an interview on a green card ... Please help with advice ...
Congratulations on getting your asylum case approved. Your DV based AOS application was denied because you were already out of status as at the time you filed and had no valid status to adjust from because technically speaking, asylum pending is not a valid non-immigrant status.
You can reach out to your congress man/woman if you like, I personally don’t think that will lead to a decision reversal though. You can re-file the DV based AOS application now that you have a legal valid status as an asylee if you want to give it another shot. You can also wait for one year and file an asylum based AOS at that point.

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding form I-134 and would really appreciate the help.

1)For part 3, question 10-37: is my sponsor supposed to list all of his family members there? also does he have to include me there too?

2) question 38: does he have to say "intend" or "not intend", I don't know what's the right answer should because he didn't specify his contributions. So would it be okay to say "not intend"?

3)aside from the required documents listed on the instruction form, are there other documents my sponsor has to provide like passport or ssn?

Thank you everyone for the help!
1. If he claims his children as dependents on his tax returns, yes he has to list them. No, he does not list you in that section.
2. Either option is fine. If he’s limiting himself to supporting you with certain things, he selects “intend to” and lists out precisely what he’s willing to do. If he’s willing to support you on an as need basis, he selects “not intend to”
3. The AOS Package section of the AOS process spreadsheet has simplified this by listing out the recommended supporting documents from the sponsor (a lot less than listed on the form instructions). You can either refer to that or stick with what is on the instruction form.

It is okay because you gave your fingerprint before when you applied for other things.
your children did not give fingerprint to them this why they did not get the letter.
Your children will receive their bio letter later or may receive IL before bio, like many people who are getting IL b4 the bio. From what I see here all those who got IL before BIo letter, they gotta both thing done at same time.

I also got fingerprint waived, I had given before with other application, But my wife who is the principal applicant did not even get the bio letter.
Hi @alves.sebastiao
May I ask how you knew that your fingerprint was waived? Did you receive a letter or email stating that your fingerprint have been waived?

Hi could I ask which's your status!!!!
because we got ten fingerprints each time we enter.....