• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Unfortunately the LCA has expired. So I can’t work.
Where are you based?
I am in Philadelphia, I have noticed according to the spreadsheet that the wait times are long for this location.
with the current pace I will miss the September deadline.
Did they give you any idea when the call back would be?

Indianapolis. They said around 20 days for the call back.

My work visa expired a month ago (still current I-94) so my company had to put me on leave until I can work out my diversity visa

Can you explain how your i94 linked to a work visa keeps you in status but you no longer have work authorization? I don’t understand this. (I can understand if you are in adjustment pending and can’t work but that’s not how you explained it)

Last edited:
I have a pending I-824 (application for action on an approved application or petition) to request FTJ benefit for my husband. We are preparing for the worst scenario - I-824 is not approved in time so no DV-based FTJ interview for my husband before 9/30/2021. In that case, I will then need to file I-130 (F2A category) for him. I probably could start filing the I-130 now just to get into the line as early as possible.

Question: will filing I-130 now have a negative impact on the pending I-824?

Thank you.
no, it will just mean you lose the filing fee if the FTJ is in fact completed in time.

Can you explain how your i94 linked to a work visa keeps you in status but you no longer have work authorization? I don’t understand this.
not really part of AOS discussion. But this website can give you a quick rundown.

Go the section towards the bottom that reads

My E3 is expiring, but my I94 is valid for another few months or years! Can I stay and work in the US?​

That is my current predicament, and the company lawyer has said they will not allow me to work without a current visa.

Had a successful biometrics walk-in with Orlando, FL ASC. Original appointment is only 1 workining day later (4 days from today due to Federal holiday).

Nothing special mentioned or asked, just said I came earlier than the appointment to the guard. In and out was around 12 minutes. Attempted walk-in to avoid a risk of ASC tropical storm closures.

not really part of AOS discussion.
Well, it is part of the AOS discussion if it means being in status or not, seeing as that is a prerequisite for being able to adjust. Usually work visa status depends on you actually working …you seem to have misinterpreted my question - I wasn’t worried about could you work, but about are you sure you’re still in status seeing as you are not working? Anyway as you have already filed i485, worst case you are in adjustment pending and still in authorized stay.

(PS I read the blog you posted, with the big caveat it is not by a lawyer, and it’s not at all clear to me that you are still in status without a valid LCA from what that says. Clearly you have a different interpretation to what I got, but I assume your company has an actual lawyer doing what needs to be done behind the scenes of what you posted)

Last edited:
Unfortunately the LCA has expired. So I can’t work.
Where are you based?
I am in Philadelphia, I have noticed according to the spreadsheet that the wait times are long for this location.
with the current pace I will miss the September deadline.
Did they give you any idea when the call back would be?
Hey there! I'm in Philly too, waiting for letters since May 25. I looked up last year Philly's DVs cases accepted in summer and they all went through and were approved before the deadline. One DV case this year gave an idea that it takes 2 months since NOA to get the bio letters but it was earlier in the FY. So I believe the FO is aware of the DV deadline and will work it out for us. I've been waiting for the tier 2 callback as well, let' see how it goes and keep our spirits up!:)
What is your NOA date btw?

Hey there! I'm in Philly too, waiting for letters since May 25. I looked up last year Philly's DVs cases accepted in summer and they all went through and were approved before the deadline. One DV case this year gave an idea that it takes 2 months since NOA to get the bio letters but it was earlier in the FY. So I believe the FO is aware of the DV deadline and will work it out for us. I've been waiting for the tier 2 callback as well, let' see how it goes and keep our spirits up!:)
My NOA is May 17th.

Well, it is part of the AOS discussion if it means being in status or not, seeing as that is a prerequisite for being able to adjust. Usually work visa status depends on you actually working …you seem to have misinterpreted my question - I wasn’t worried about could you work, but about are you sure you’re still in status seeing as you are not working? Anyway as you have already filed i485, worst case you are in adjustment pending and still in authorized stay.

(PS I read the blog you posted, with the big caveat it is not by a lawyer, and it’s not at all clear to me that you are still in status without a valid LCA from what that says. Clearly you have a different interpretation to what I got, but I assume your company has an actual lawyer doing what needs to be done behind the scenes of what you posted)
Yes I received my NOA letter before my work visa expired, so I am ok for status.

Let me know how the call back goes!
I just talked to a USIC agent, and they said I should get a call back within 72 hours, so probably Tuesday or Wednesday considering that Monday is a holiday.
I will post up the outcome for that.

Let me know how the call back goes!
I just talked to a USIC agent, and they said I should get a call back within 72 hours, so probably Tuesday or Wednesday considering that Monday is a holiday.
I will post up the outcome for that.
Thanks! I'll be keeping you posted. The timeframe of 72 hours looks really good! What did u tell them?

Hello mom,

We had our interview today. It was so quick (15 minutes), and the officer was really nice. The interview was super easy. The officer called our names, and we followed him to his office. We gave the oath, and the officer asked questions from I-485 (last arrival, graduation date, visa status, and security questions). Also, the officer asked about the question that we made the error. Then he corrected it and told us it is not a big deal. Same time, we informed about the error and double filing (we got our rejected package yesterday). The officer did not ask for any documents, and he asked us to sign the I-485 for the correction the officer made. Then he asked about our studies and told us that the case was approved. We gave the job offer letter, enrollment verification, and tax transcript. When we come to the car park, the case status changed to "New card is being produced."

Our special thanks go to Mom for her invaluable suggestions and guide us in the correct direction throughout this process. Really appreciate your time and support.

Also, we would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing their experience, and this forum is a great resource. We wish everyone in this forum good luck.
Amazing! Congrats!

Same here, 45 days.

Are you sure you can't work though? I thought it was the I94 date that mattered.

I called USCIS and they scheduled a tier 2 call back. I had to call a couple of times to get someone to agree to do that.
Same here. I don't know what to do. We received NoA around the same time.

So I read in the forum to wait at least 6 weeks since acceptance to request tier 2, does that mean 6 weeks counting the 2 weeks it takes for them to call? September is getting really close

hi mom, i have a question regarding USCIS online account. I already have one which consists of an A-number that i used while filing for OPT. Do i need another one online account since i have been issued a new A-number? Thank you .

hi mom, i have a question regarding USCIS online account. I already have one which consists of an A-number that i used while filing for OPT. Do i need another one online account since i have been issued a new A-number? Thank you .
You don’t need a new USCIS online account. You can always add the receipt number of the AOS filing to the existing online account to enable you follow up on the case online.

Hi mom,

Like many others who've already reported here, I also got my interview notice today while my Bio has not been scheduled yet.
Is Tier 2 (who I've already asked for like 2 days ago) going to help with the bio scheduling? (in case the bio won't show up till the interview date)

Thanks,