• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hey guys, in the form I-134 part 3 question 3: do I put the gross income (before taxes) or the net income (after taxes). I was told to put the gross income but i wanted to double check here. Thanks for the help everyone

Hey guys, in my interview this month, do they ask me about the asylum case or only for the document I have submitted in the AOS?

Dear Mom,

I had send the following email to KCC on 25th of May, requesting them to pick up my DV fee mail as the usps website showed that my mail was ready for pickup for several days.
ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I had sent my DV fee and my details via USPS mail as instructed in the diversity visa instructions. The package has reached the following address:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

It is at the post office and is ready for a pick up. The mail had arrived there on 21st of May but it has not been picked up yet [25th of May]. If not picked up, the mail will be returned back to me tomorrow [26th of May]. I would highly appreciate it if you could tell me how we could proceed next.

Following are my details:

1. Case Number: xxxxx
  2. First Name: xxxxx
  3. Middle Name: xxxxx
  4. Last Name: xxxxx
  5. Date of Birth: xxxxx
And today morning [July 2nd, 2021], I receive the following response from KCC.

KCC:
Thank you for your inquiry.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.

And I responded with the following response:
ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I think you got me wrong. I want to adjust my status in the U.S. as indicated in my DS-260 as I am residing in U.S. My documents are all ready but I have not received a receipt of DV fee payment and it’s been more than 36days since it was cashed. This was my query - when can I get the receipt?

What does KCC mean by that response? Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks

Hey guys, in my interview this month, do they ask me about the asylum case or only for the document I have submitted in the AOS?
The IO will already be aware of your pending asylum case and may talk about it during the AOS interview. The wouldn’t ask for the details and applicable documents in support of the asylum case though since they will not be reviewing/adjudicating it.

Last edited:
Dear Mom,

I had send the following email to KCC on 25th of May, requesting them to pick up my DV fee mail as the usps website showed that my mail was ready for pickup for several days.
ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I had sent my DV fee and my details via USPS mail as instructed in the diversity visa instructions. The package has reached the following address:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

It is at the post office and is ready for a pick up. The mail had arrived there on 21st of May but it has not been picked up yet [25th of May]. If not picked up, the mail will be returned back to me tomorrow [26th of May]. I would highly appreciate it if you could tell me how we could proceed next.

KCC:

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.

ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I think you got me wrong. I want to adjust my status in the U.S. as indicated in my DS-260 as I am residing in U.S. My documents are all ready but I have not received a receipt of DV fee payment and it’s been more than 36days since it was cashed. This was my query - when can I get the receipt?

Thanks
That is a standard KCC copy and paste response, which is true to some extent - KCC does not process AOS cases. It is the typical response they sometimes send as a 2NL especially in situations when people are switching from CP to AOS.

Now I have to say your initial email itself is unusual and didn’t help either. You wrote KCC asking them to go pick up their mail as against simply requesting they email a copy of your payment receipt? If only you had asked before emailing.

Dear Mom,

ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

KCC:

ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanksgiving
In my understanding, you have paid the fees that’s why it says the indication to your Ds260. You shouldn’t have email them back but rather request for the receipt. Read carefully. Thank you

What is the benefit of a walk-in bio?
And are there any risks?

Also, is there anything else I need to take to bio other than ID and the bio letter?
Thank you.

What is the benefit of a walk-in bio?
And are there any risks?

Also, is there anything else I need to take to bio other than ID and the bio letter?
Thank you.
Your case will process faster.

Nothing that I know of. People have tried a walk-in for more than once.

I don't think so.

Dear Mom,

ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

KCC:

ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks
Mine cashed out 5/3 got it in mail 6/28
And today received an email with the receipt attached
Sent them an email back in early May .....

1. May be, may be not. It could also mean someone was trying to fix up their own error - you submitted the application with the applicable/sufficient payment, they decided to to accept the package without processing the payment. Don't stress out over the update or the wordings used.
2. You can still bring it up - especially since you will want to point out the error on the original filing and request for it to be corrected.
3. No, it shouldn't.
Hello mom,

We had our interview today. It was so quick (15 minutes), and the officer was really nice. The interview was super easy. The officer called our names, and we followed him to his office. We gave the oath, and the officer asked questions from I-485 (last arrival, graduation date, visa status, and security questions). Also, the officer asked about the question that we made the error. Then he corrected it and told us it is not a big deal. Same time, we informed about the error and double filing (we got our rejected package yesterday). The officer did not ask for any documents, and he asked us to sign the I-485 for the correction the officer made. Then he asked about our studies and told us that the case was approved. We gave the job offer letter, enrollment verification, and tax transcript. When we come to the car park, the case status changed to "New card is being produced."

Our special thanks go to Mom for her invaluable suggestions and guide us in the correct direction throughout this process. Really appreciate your time and support.

Also, we would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing their experience, and this forum is a great resource. We wish everyone in this forum good luck.

Hi everyone,
I received my NOA on May 28th, and my fingerprint fees were received on May 19th. No updates for bio nor interview :( I was always thinking of the day I actually received the NOA itself as the day I was counting off for the bio/interview to avoid discouraging myself lol.
I contacted my congressman last week for an inquiry and they are waiting for a response from USCIS as of now. I am also waiting to hear back from the Tier 2 agent. I know Tier 2 agents might or might not be helpful, but is there anyone who were successful (in terms of scheduling appointments on the phone), and what did they say to convince them? Considering the fact that Tier 2 will be the first one to contact me, I wanna increase my chances of convincing her/him
Thanks so much as always!

Hi everyone,
I received my NOA on May 28th, and my fingerprint fees were received on May 19th. No updates for bio nor interview :( I was always thinking of the day I actually received the NOA itself as the day I was counting off for the bio/interview to avoid discouraging myself lol.
I contacted my congressman last week for an inquiry and they are waiting for a response from USCIS as of now. I am also waiting to hear back from the Tier 2 agent. I know Tier 2 agents might or might not be helpful, but is there anyone who were successful (in terms of scheduling appointments on the phone), and what did they say to convince them? Considering the fact that Tier 2 will be the first one to contact me, I wanna increase my chances of convincing her/him
How did you get a tier 2 appointment. When asked for an appointment, the representative asked me what do you want to ask about? How did you make the representative convinced that you need a tier 2 appointment?

Today, I called USCIS and talked to an agent about the returned NOA. The agent told me that our address was written as 864 w xxxx instead of 865 w xxxx on my son's NOA. She said that she corrected the address and they will respond to me by June 28 either by Email or letter.
Today, again I called USCIS about the Returned NOA letter to the USCIS. The agent said that I was provided with inaccurate information about receiving a response from USCIS. Actually, I should wait for 30 business days to get a response from USCIS. In addition, he said that as long as you have a receipt number it should not be a problem especially when the NOA letter was returned to USCIS. USCIS will send it back possibly along with their response with the 30 business day time window. I also asked him about the Bio and interview letters (I received my NOA on June 1st) he said those who work on your case know about the time-sensitivity of the DV cases. Due to covid, USCIS cannot provide a timeline for my case at this time.

Mom my questions are
1- What else I can/should do about the returned letter to USCIS?
2- When it is time to request Congressman for inquiry about my Bio and interview?

Thank you.

How did you get a tier 2 appointment. When asked for an appointment, the representative asked me what do you want to ask about? How did you make the representative convinced that you need a tier 2 appointment?
Hi,
I surprisingly didn’t have to convince the Tier 1 agent, I was talking to her via Emma and told her that I have a time sensitive case and I’d really appreciate it if I could talk to a Tier 2 agent. She scheduled me right away and told me the agent will call me in 14 days (it was a week ago)

Hello mom,

We had our interview today. It was so quick (15 minutes), and the officer was really nice. The interview was super easy. The officer called our names, and we followed him to his office. We gave the oath, and the officer asked questions from I-485 (last arrival, graduation date, visa status, and security questions). Also, the officer asked about the question that we made the error. Then he corrected it and told us it is not a big deal. Same time, we informed about the error and double filing (we got our rejected package yesterday). The officer did not ask for any documents, and he asked us to sign the I-485 for the correction the officer made. Then he asked about our studies and told us that the case was approved. We gave the job offer letter, enrollment verification, and tax transcript. When we come to the car park, the case status changed to "New card is being produced."

Our special thanks go to Mom for her invaluable suggestions and guide us in the correct direction throughout this process. Really appreciate your time and support.

Also, we would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing their experience, and this forum is a great resource. We wish everyone in this forum good luck.
CONGRATS!!!:) :) :)
May I ask what was the error in your case?

Hi everyone,
If you have follow to join - make sure to mention that - that helps !