• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi, I have a quick question. I received my NOA and I am waiting for my bio letter. However, I am going to move to a new place which is the same FO as my old place. Once I move to the new place, I won't be able to check the mailbox of the old place. Given that the only way I will get bio letter is through physical mail since the online portal is not updating for bio letter sent, is it safe to change my address before my new place lease starts (or before I move)? Is there any rule against this way? Also, is there anything that I should be aware of when I move to the new place?
Thanks in advance!

Sorry to learn of your denial also. My post which you quoted already spells out the recommended course of action:
" I’ve written everything above simply to say yes, it has happened before but you can forget about filing a motion to reconsider. Such filings do not get expedited as they do not take into consideration the fact that a DV based AOS is time sensitive. By the time a decision gets made, your FY will long be over, so even if they admit the denial was erroneous, they will not be able to issue you with a GC because of the time limitation."
If your current status has not expired, "... consider sending in a new application right away"
Hi mom,
If I re-sending in a new AOS application, does it need to pay the DV fee $330 and get the DV receipt, then attach in the AOS package again?

Hi, I have a quick question. I received my NOA and I am waiting for my bio letter. However, I am going to move to a new place which is the same FO as my old place. Once I move to the new place, I won't be able to check the mailbox of the old place. Given that the only way I will get bio letter is through physical mail since the online portal is not updating for bio letter sent, is it safe to change my address before my new place lease starts (or before I move)? Is there any rule against this way? Also, is there anything that I should be aware of when I move to the new place?
Thanks in advance!
Mom will give you the best answer. However, I think it’s not a good idea to change your address right now. Changing your address may add extra weeks to your timeline. Remember DV lottery is time sensitive. If possible, try to talk to the new tenant if you could have access to those letters. Also, USCIS doesn’t forward mails.

@Sm1smom I know you were saying "forget about filing a motion to reconsider". I'm sure cases can take long but after reading about it online I found several I-290B cases (as of 2021) where it only took 2-3 months and the I-485 was approved after being denied (not expedited). You don't think it's worth a shot? Especially consider my situation.

You posted about making two expedite requests. How about shedding more light on precisely what and how you did those?
So I kept calling them to inform them about my new internship and also a humanitarian reason.( you have to explain to about your reasons and also explain to them wha DV AOS is.) but in all be more respectful(yes Mum, yes sir) and calm

my first expedite was rejected because I haven’t done Bio. So the tier2 put in a request to NBC to schedule my Bio and NBC responded to me on the 04/26. They schedule my on the on the 05/03 for 06/01 but I did walk in on the 05/18. I called for expedite on 24. My field office sent me the approval for expedite on 05/26 and I made another call to request for tier2. The tier2 called me back on the 06/14 and I explained so she sent an inquiry to the field office and I got my interview on Monday and attended today. Wish you guys the best of luck

@Sm1smom I know you were saying "forget about filing a motion to reconsider". I'm sure cases can take long but after reading about it online I found several I-290B cases (as of 2021) where it only took 2-3 months and the I-485 was approved after being denied (not expedited). You don't think it's worth a shot? Especially consider my situation.
(Not mom but) imo, seeing as you are unable to file a new DV AOS you don’t have anything to lose other than time and the filing fee by filing it, you may as well try, with the understanding that there is no guarantee it will be processed in time.

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I have a question in regards to the documents needed for the interview. Due to this pandemic, many files that I requested from school and else were sent via email as PDF. Do I have to request a mail version of those files or can I just print them? because I know that for the interview all documents have to be original or else they think it's forged. I appreciate the help everyone

Also, this is a stupid question but on the uscis website it says that for those who are fully vaccinated don't need to wear masks. Should I still wear one just in case my interviewee is super covid conscious or not?

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I have a question in regards to the documents needed for the interview. Due to this pandemic, many files that I requested from school and else were sent via email as PDF. Do I have to request a mail version of those files or can I just print them? because I know that for the interview all documents have to be original or else they think it's forged. I appreciate the help everyone

Also, this is a stupid question but on the uscis website it says that for those who are fully vaccinated don't need to wear masks. Should I still wear one just in case my interviewee is super covid conscious or not?
you need originals, you had a lot of time to get them, good night

So I kept calling them to inform them about my new internship and also a humanitarian reason.( you have to explain to about your reasons and also explain to them wha DV AOS is.) but in all be more respectful(yes Mum, yes sir) and calm

my first expedite was rejected because I haven’t done Bio. So the tier2 put in a request to NBC to schedule my Bio and NBC responded to me on the 04/26. They schedule my on the on the 05/03 for 06/01 but I did walk in on the 05/18. I called for expedite on 24. My field office sent me the approval for expedite on 05/26 and I made another call to request for tier2. The tier2 called me back on the 06/14 and I explained so she sent an inquiry to the field office and I got my interview on Monday and attended today. Wish you guys the best of luck
Would you mind also sharing your timeline? For instance, when did you receive your NOA?

Would you mind also sharing your timeline? For instance, when did you receive your NOA?
Oh yeah, my case was rejected 2 times

I sent my package on 03/04/2021
NOA on 04/05/2021
Bio 05/18/2021 it supposed to be 06/01
Interview 06/24/2021
Approve same day.

I waited only 2weeks after NOA to expedite and I Didn’t have BIO so they rejected and scheduled me for Bio.

In all I put much effort because I kept calling and making expedite also hearing people stories on the platform. Some of customer representatives don’t understand DV AOS( even tier2) so you have to explain to them very well let them know you can lose your current status if it’s not been complete before a month. Good Luck and don’t forget whatever you worship(God❤️

Last edited:
Thanks in advance!
Initiating a change of address with a pending petition exposes you to the risk of not getting your bio and/or interview letter. USCIS is notorious for sending crucial/long awaited correspondence to the old address even after the change of address was duly completed.

It is worth giving it a shot in your specific case since you don’t have the option of re-filing. Hopefully the congressional intervention works for you though and you wouldn’t end up seating on pins and needles waiting for the outcome of the MTR.

1. The school documents being electronic version is fine, no problem with simply printing those out. You do need to be specific as to the “else where” part of your question in order to get an appropriate response. Documents such as birth certificates, marriage, divorce certificates, etc need to be the official paper version unless they are typically issued electronically.
2. Just use your best judgment when you get to the FO.

Hello,

Has KCC been replying to calls or emails? I had sent my DV fee on 5/21. It was cashed out on 5/26. But today is 6/25 and I still have not received the receipt yet. Not sure how to contact them as they have not responded to my emails and they don't receive calls. Has anyone else been going through similar case?

Thanks

Hello,

Has KCC been replying to calls or emails? I had sent my DV fee on 5/21. It was cashed out on 5/26. But today is 6/25 and I still have not received the receipt yet. Not sure how to contact them as they have not responded to my emails and they don't receive calls. Has anyone else been going through similar case?

Thanks
Takes more than 2 weeks for them to respond. No phone is answered.

Is there any particular way you can get to talk to a tier 2 agent? I've been waiting nearly 40 days for my bio letter, so I tried calling. The tier 1 agent outright refused to transfer me. He read out a list of criteria he said you need to get transferred to tier 2. None of them seemed to match. After that call I could get from him was "you said yourself you don't meet the criteria etc.".