• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Gotcha! So I need the payment receipt for that. That explains it tbh. Thank you!!!

Awesome! Hopefully in Chicago I will have more pricing options available, thank you !!
Have you sent in your AOS package yet? If yes, when? I’m trying to understand why you trying to chat with a Emma or schedule an INFOPASS appointment. And which payment receipt are you talking about? Emma doesn’t need any payment receipt.

Gotcha! So I need the payment receipt for that. That explains it tbh. Thank you!!!

Awesome! Hopefully in Chicago I will have more pricing options available, thank you !!

Just bear in mind that it usually spans several days at a minimum because you have to wait for blood test results. So make sure your trip is long enough.

You don't need the payment receipt. You need the NOA with your case number. Why do you want to schedule an infopass appointment if you have not sent your package to USCIS yet?

Have you sent in your AOS package yet? If yes, when? I’m trying to understand why you trying to chat with a Emma or schedule an INFOPASS appointment. And which payment receipt are you talking about? Emma doesn’t need any payment receipt.
You don't need the payment receipt. You need the NOA with your case number. Why do you want to schedule an infopass appointment if you have not sent your package to USCIS yet?

I have not sent it yet as I am waiting for the receipt, got everything ready except for the I-134 and medical. I am not trying to contact them right now, I was curious because I have tried before (for me and for a friend that did marriage based AOS and had her interview a couple of months ago) and I was never able to. Just out of curiosity, honestly.

Hello, I have a job offer with a Salary of 50k+ per year starting on July 2021, as well as a credit score greater than 740. My question is: I do not currently have a good amount of money in the bank, after paying the AOS fees I will only have around 500 USD. In your opinion, is it a must to attach the bank statements even if the quantity is low? Do the things I have are good enough for not being considered a financial burden in the future? Thanks a lot!

I have not sent it yet as I am waiting for the receipt, got everything ready except for the I-134 and medical. I am not trying to contact them right now, I was curious because I have tried before (for me and for a friend that did marriage based AOS and had her interview a couple of months ago) and I was never able to. Just out of curiosity, honestly.
Since there’s no “payment receipt” attached to a marriage based AOS application, I’m still trying to understand why wrote about needing a payment receipt in order for EMMA to be more helpful though.

Since there’s no “payment receipt” attached to a marriage based AOS application, I’m still trying to understand why wrote about needing a payment receipt in order for EMMA to be more helpful though.
Because when they mentioned the receipt number is needed, I automatically thought of that receipt.

Last night I wrote to KCC to please switch from CP to AOS and this morning I sent the check 660 for my son and me to DOS Saint Louis POBox I included an empty envelope with my address on it to receive the invoice with UPC stamp "2 days delivery" Hope to be on time! Thank you Mom

How many days does it take to receive a self addressed stamped envelope? KCC said they send receipt on March 31. It already took 10 days. It took five days for arriving MO when I sent the the fee.

Hi,

I have been living in the US for 7 years and I filed my taxes with TurboTax in last two years as I was a resident alien for Tax purposes. I have received and used all the stimulus checks. In that case what should be my answers for the questions regarding Public assistance in the form I-485?

Hi,
I’m filing the I-485, and I had a question regarding the Employment History section:
I’m a full-time undergraduate student and did not have a full/part time job ever. I only had some unpaid internships and for-credit internships on campus. Should I list that I’m a full time student and list my current college as the employer? Or am I supposed to put None instead?
Thank you in advance!
Listing or not listing them will not make or break your case. So use your discretion.

Hello, I have a job offer with a Salary of 50k+ per year starting on July 2021, as well as a credit score greater than 740. My question is: I do not currently have a good amount of money in the bank, after paying the AOS fees I will only have around 500 USD. In your opinion, is it a must to attach the bank statements even if the quantity is low? Do the things I have are good enough for not being considered a financial burden in the future? Thanks a lot!
Including bank statements or any other financial support document is not a must, use your discretion. The job offer letter is a good booster.

Hi,

I have been living in the US for 7 years and I filed my taxes with TurboTax in last two years as I was a resident alien for Tax purposes. I have received and used all the stimulus checks. In that case what should be my answers for the questions regarding Public assistance in the form I-485?
Stimulus payment in general does not fall under public assistance.

My passport, birth cert and high school cert are dual-language, English and my country's native language. Everything appears in the form

<native language>/<English translation>

So it's very obvious that the English text is a translation. I thought this would be ok since the English is there, but then I noticed that the I-485 instructions say that I have to provide certification from the translator. Is that necessary when it's on the original document?

The instructions for I-485 say:

If you submit a document with information in a foreign language, you must also submit a full English
translation. The translator must sign a certification that the English language translation is complete and accurate, and that
he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English. The certification must include the translator’s
signature. DHS recommends the certification contain the translator’s printed name and the date and the translator’s
contact information

Strictly speaking this means I have to provide the translator info just because the documents contain a foreign language, right?

How many days does it take to receive a self addressed stamped envelope? KCC said they send receipt on March 31. It already took 10 days. It took five days for arriving MO when I sent the the fee.
for sensitive things like this i usually send a self addressed enveloped that can be tracked. i paid about 11 dollars for UPS to do a return with tracking but received it in two days after it was sent.

My passport, birth cert and high school cert are dual-language, English and my country's native language. Everything appears in the form

<native language>/<English translation>

So it's very obvious that the English text is a translation. I thought this would be ok since the English is there, but then I noticed that the I-485 instructions say that I have to provide certification from the translator. Is that necessary when it's on the original document?

The instructions for I-485 say:

Strictly speaking this means I have to provide the translator info just because the documents contain a foreign language, right?
According to the Code of Federal Regulations, 8 CFR 103.2(b)(3):
Translations. Any document containing foreign language submitted to USCIS shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.

I understand this to mean documents (such as birth, marriage, divorce, death certificates, school transcripts/diplomas) being submitted should be accompanied by an full English language translated version and the translated version should be accompanied by a certified statement. This to me means documents such as yours still to be accompanied with a fully translated and certified version. I would therefore get the documents translated if this was my case.

is this the correct address to send the application via USPS?
USCIS Chicago Lockbox
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Hi @Sm1smom
I got an email from KCC saying they have recieved 330 and my case size is 2 therefore to make the rest of the payment or email them why the other person is not accounted for. Other person is my wife who is overseas and will be doing FTJ. Wanted to check with you - if my wife is doing consular processing i dont have to pay her 330 to KCC along with my payment correct ?