• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom
I got an email from KCC saying they have recieved 330 and my case size is 2 therefore to make the rest of the payment or email them why the other person is not accounted for. Other person is my wife who is overseas and will be doing FTJ. Wanted to check with you - if my wife is doing consular processing i dont have to pay her 330 to KCC along with my payment correct ?
Yes. Email KCC back letting them know your wife is processing FTJ.

Hi,
I read in the forum that some users say they are sending I-134. I am a F1 student and no one is sponsoring me and I believe I do not need to send this form. Since I-944 has been discontinued. These are the things I am putting in my AOS package from the financial perspective:
1) Bank statements
2) Pay stubs
3) Tax transcripts
4) Credit report
5) W2s
6) Employment verification letter

I would appreciate if you let me know if I am missing anything here.
Health insurance letter very important

Hi,

I have another question about 90 days rule. Would the date at which we do the medical examination be considered as "immigration intent" when it is before the end of the 90th day?

According to the Code of Federal Regulations, 8 CFR 103.2(b)(3):
Translations. Any document containing foreign language submitted to USCIS shall be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.

I understand this to mean documents (such as birth, marriage, divorce, death certificates, school transcripts/diplomas) being submitted should be accompanied by an full English language translated version and the translated version should be accompanied by a certified statement. This to me means documents such as yours still to be accompanied with a fully translated and certified version. I would therefore get the documents translated if this was my case.

Thanks. Can the certification I send with the package be a copy, or does it have to be the original signed document? It might take me some time to get the original copy.

Thanks. Can the certification I send with the package be a copy, or does it have to be the original signed document? It might take me some time to get the original copy.
A clear and legible copy can be sent in place of the version with the “wet ink”.

p.s. I hope you’re not interpreting my previous response as meaning simply getting a certified statement to accompany what you currently have

A clear and legible copy can be sent in place of the version with the “wet ink”.

p.s. I hope you’re not interpreting my previous response as meaning simply getting a certified statement to accompany what you currently have

Thanks. And no, I took it to mean that I should provide a separate translated document for each original document. Is that right? Of course they'll contain exactly the the same English text as the originals which makes it a bit pointless but at least I'll be sticking to the rules.

Does the layout have to mimic the original document, or can it just be a basic US Letter page with a line-by-line translation?

I got my 2NL this morning!! (recommended but not required for DV AOS). For some reason they put my previous address in the letter when I wrote my current address in the DS260 form. But I don't think it matters.

.Screenshot 2021-04-12 101031.pngScreenshot_20210412-093648.png

I'm still waiting for my receipt for the DV Administrative Fee. It's been 21 days since my check was cashed.
1618238077630.png

I'm planning to mail my AOS package around April 30th. Do you guys think I should email KCC requesting for the receipt by email or should I wait for a few days to receive the SASE receipt by mail? I mean there is no certainty I will get it by the end of the month.

Last edited:
Off the topic of AOS, its very risky to be living here without health insurance. An accident can cost you tens of thousands of dollars. May I ask what status are you on that you don’t have access to insurance? Employers and colleges both provide health insurance including to dependents.
No man's land, in the status of AOS waiting.

Thanks. And no, I took it to mean that I should provide a separate translated document for each original document. Is that right? Of course they'll contain exactly the the same English text as the originals which makes it a bit pointless but at least I'll be sticking to the rules.

Does the layout have to mimic the original document, or can it just be a basic US Letter page with a line-by-line translation?
Yes, correct.

There's no listed guidance I'm aware of which states the format for what or how the translated version should be.

I got my 2NL this morning!! (recommended but not required for DV AOS). For some reason they put my previous address in the letter when I wrote my current address in the DS260 form. But I don't think it matters.

.View attachment 2392View attachment 2393

I'm still waiting for my receipt for the DV Administrative Fee. It's been 21 days since my check was cashed.
View attachment 2394

I'm planning to mail my AOS package around April 30th. Do you guys think I should email KCC requesting for the receipt by email or should I wait for a few days to receive the SASE receipt by mail? I mean there is no certainty I will get it by the end of the month.
No harm in following up by email regarding the payment receipt.

1. In the spreadsheet under AOS package, it mentioned a copy of employment letter or employment verification letter. I just got an offer and they sent me an offer letter. Is the offer letter the same as employment letter?

2. If I start working before interview, do I need to request additional employment verification letter or the offer letter is sufficient?

3. When I applied for my OPT, I submitted G-1145. When I sent my package, do I need to submit G-1145 again to let them know I would like e-notification?

Thanks in advance!