• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello @Sm1smom

I've filed the AOS early January (right after my number EU61XX became current), had biometric appt early March, but still no interview. The USCIS rep says the cutoff for "outside of normal processing time" will be July 15th. Would I be able (and would it make sense) to switch to consular processing at some point, if I don't hear from them after that cutoff date? I know, this is very hypothetical, but I'd rather be prepared for such an option, should there be a need for it. And your opinion on this of course is invaluable. Thank you!

Hello @Sm1smom

I've filed the AOS early January (right after my number EU61XX became current), had biometric appt early March, but still no interview. The USCIS rep says the cutoff for "outside of normal processing time" will be July 15th. Would I be able (and would it make sense) to switch to consular processing at some point, if I don't hear from them after that cutoff date? I know, this is very hypothetical, but I'd rather be prepared for such an option, should there be a need for it. And your opinion on this of course is invaluable. Thank you!
Switch to CP after mid July when KCC would have or is getting ready to send out 2NL for September interviews for those processing CP? You do realize there are certain steps that must happen in order for KCC to schedule a CP interview and none of those have happened with your case because you’re processing AOS? Plus, if KCC already sent your KCC file to your FO, KCC no longer has anything to do with the case. There’s still plenty of time left for you to complete AOS, you just need to be patient.

Switch to CP after mid July when KCC would have or is getting ready to send out 2NL for September interviews for those processing CP? You do realize there are certain steps that must happen in order for KCC to schedule a CP interview and none of those have happened with your case because you’re processing AOS? Plus, if KCC already sent your KCC file to your FO, KCC no longer has anything to do with the case. There’s still plenty of time left for you to complete AOS, you just need to be patient.
Thank you very much for your insight! I did ask KCC about my file and they got back to me 4/7 saying "Your case file has not been requested by USCIS as of this morning. Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them." (My Q was phrased as "I am writing to inquire whether the Immigration Officer has requested my KCC file from you, and if and/or when it was send to them as requested.")

Again, thank you so much for your feedback, just want to be prepared for various scenarios, in the meantime following your advice and staying patient! Thank you.

Thank you very much for your insight! I did ask KCC about my file and they got back to me 4/7 saying "Your case file has not been requested by USCIS as of this morning. Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them." (My Q was phrased as "I am writing to inquire whether the Immigration Officer has requested my KCC file from you, and if and/or when it was send to them as requested.")

Again, thank you so much for your feedback, just want to be prepared for various scenarios, in the meantime following your advice and staying patient! Thank you.
That is the response as at 4/7 right? Doesn’t mean that will be the same situation by mid July.

Hello everyone,

Just an update on my case. I have spoken with the tier 2 agent and he said that my case is already at my FO in Hartford and they are working on it. He said that this is a good news and that I should hear from them soon.

I asked weather the FO requested my KKC file and he said he does not have this information but that they probably did since they are working on my case.

I also asked whether was possible to expedite my case since my visa is going to expire soon and I will loose the possibility to work and again he said I should get the GC before that date so no need to expedite.

Mom is there anything else I can do at this time? Should I go ahead with a congressional inquiry or what the tier 2 agent said should reassure me and it’s better to just wait a few extra days?

Hello everyone,

Just an update on my case. I have spoken with the tier 2 agent and he said that my case is already at my FO in Hartford and they are working on it. He said that this is a good news and that I should hear from them soon.

I asked weather the FO requested my KKC file and he said he does not have this information but that they probably did since they are working on my case.

I also asked whether was possible to expedite my case since my visa is going to expire soon and I will loose the possibility to work and again he said I should get the GC before that date so no need to expedite.

Mom is there anything else I can do at this time? Should I go ahead with a congressional inquiry or what the tier 2 agent said should reassure me and it’s better to just wait a few extra days?
I already told you you could go with the congressional option at this point.

Hello friends,
How do I know if USCIS Chicago lockbox accepted my adjustment of status package? will they email me or send me text message on my phone number?

I posted this on the general thread but since it is AOS related I realized it belongs here, sorry about the confusion.

Good morning, my number has been current for a while and I am from Schengen, my embassy said last Friday they are not scheduling DV.
I sent my documents to KCC last week and I got this email today
"Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All DV 2021 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2021. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check dvprogram.state.gov for details.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check [dvlottery.state.gov]dvprogram.state.gov, you may contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and that you are ready to be scheduled for an interview. This notice does not necessarily confirm that all your documents have been received or are acceptable.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions."

Because my embassy is not scheduling interviews and they are cancelling the ones they have scheduled, I was going to change to AOS next week when my first 90 days in USA are up. Is that still possible after that email? After that email, how long until they schedule an interview and how should I proceed to change to AOS now?
I checked the DV website and I don't have an interview yet.

Thank y'all!

Hello friends,
How do I know if USCIS Chicago lockbox accepted my adjustment of status package? will they email me or send me text message on my phone number?
You will receive a text and/or email acceptance notification (in addition to the NOA which shows up later by snail mail) if you included form G-1145 with your AOS package.

I posted this on the general thread but since it is AOS related I realized it belongs here, sorry about the confusion.

Good morning, my number has been current for a while and I am from Schengen, my embassy said last Friday they are not scheduling DV.
I sent my documents to KCC last week and I got this email today
"Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All DV 2021 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2021. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check dvprogram.state.gov for details.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check [dvlottery.state.gov]dvprogram.state.gov, you may contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and that you are ready to be scheduled for an interview. This notice does not necessarily confirm that all your documents have been received or are acceptable.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions."

Because my embassy is not scheduling interviews and they are cancelling the ones they have scheduled, I was going to change to AOS next week when my first 90 days in USA are up. Is that still possible after that email? After that email, how long until they schedule an interview and how should I proceed to change to AOS now?
I checked the DV website and I don't have an interview yet.

Thank y'all!
1. For as long as the KCC is yet to send KCC file to the applicable embassy (this happens once the interview has been scheduled), it is possible to change to AOS. We have no way of knowing how long (after your referenced email) it takes for KCC to schedule the interview.
2. See the AOS process document for guidance on how to switch from one processing option to another.

Hi mom, I have two questions:

1. I was looking at form I-134, Affidavit of Support (from uscis.gov/i-134) and the expiry date is February 28th, 2021. Does this mean the form is no longer valid?

1618332323556.png

2. If you had to choose between FedEx and USPS, which one would you recommend to send the AOS package?

1. For as long as the KCC is yet to send KCC file to the applicable embassy (this happens once the interview has been scheduled), it is possible to change to AOS. We have no way of knowing how long (after your referenced email) it takes for KCC to schedule the interview.
2. See the AOS process document for guidance on how to switch from one processing option to another.
Thank you so much. Would it be possible that I send the email to KCC to change and in the time it takes them to acknowledge it, they schedule my interview?
If that happens, or if it is scheduled before next week when I will be on day 90, is there any way to change it to AOS?
The issue is that my country keeps cancelling appointments that have been scheduled so I don't want to take the risk since I am already in the country.

Hi mom, I have two questions:

1. I was looking at form I-134, Affidavit of Support (from uscis.gov/i-134) and the expiry date is February 28th, 2021. Does this mean the form is no longer valid?

View attachment 2399

2. If you had to choose between FedEx and USPS, which one would you recommend to send the AOS package?
1. Edition Date
02/13/19. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 02/13/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.
Form I-134

2. It's a personal choice. Choose whichever you feel most comfortable with.

Thank you so much. Would it be possible that I send the email to KCC to change and in the time it takes them to acknowledge it, they schedule my interview?
If that happens, or if it is scheduled before next week when I will be on day 90, is there any way to change it to AOS?
The issue is that my country keeps cancelling appointments that have been scheduled so I don't want to take the risk since I am already in the country.
1. Yes, that is possible.
2. See answer 1 in my previous post/response to you. (of course you can always reach out to KCC to see if they're willing to retrieve a case file which has already been sent to an embassy).

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a post.

1. Edition Date
02/13/19. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 02/13/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.
Form I-134

2. It's a personal choice. Choose whichever you feel most comfortable with.
Thank you!

1. Yes, that is possible.
2. See answer 1 in my previous post/response to you. (of course you can always reach out to KCC to see if they're willing to retrieve a case file which has already been sent to an embassy).

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a post.
Sorry about not numbering the questions.
I found the information on the FAQ page about emailing KCC, I was wondering if there was some more detailed information out there on how to do it in those scenarios (I have not find much so far on Google), because so far KCC has taken about a week and a half to answer my emails and in that time, I'd find it plausible to be scheduled, so I want to be familiar with that situation and actions required to act as efficiently as possible.

I found the information on the FAQ page about emailing KCC, I was wondering if there was some more detailed information out there on how to do it in those scenarios (I have not find much so far on Google), because so far KCC has taken about a week and a half to answer my emails and in that time, I'd find it plausible to be scheduled, so I want to be familiar with that situation and actions required to act as efficiently as possible.
What more "detailed information"? It is as simple as emailing KCC indicating you wish to switch from one option to the other like the spreadsheet says. Really, as simple as that! - this is precisely what people switching in the past have done. If that is not detailed enough for you, then I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question.

Is it possible for you to get scheduled while waiting for KCC to read your email informing them of your plan to switch to AOS? Yes that is possible as already noted above. KCC staff is currently over-worked and are taking a bit longer to respond to email messages, no one here can guarantee you how long it will take for KCC to read, acknowledge or respond to an email. Of course you can also keep trying to reach them by phone and hope you're lucky enough for them to answer the call.

Hi mom, I just saw that there are two forms for Affidavit of Support: I-864 and I-134. My uncle has agreed to sponsor me. Should he fill out I-864 since we have the same last name?

What more "detailed information"? It is as simple as emailing KCC indicating you wish to switch from one option to the other like the spreadsheet says. Really, as simple as that! - this is precisely what people switching in the past have done. If that is not detailed enough for you, then I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question.

Is it possible for you to get scheduled while waiting for KCC to read your email informing them of your plan to switch to AOS? Yes that is possible as already noted above. KCC staff is currently over-worked and are taking a bit longer to respond to email messages, no one here can guarantee you how long it will take for KCC to read, acknowledge or respond to an email. Of course you can also keep trying to reach them by phone and hope you're lucky enough for them to answer the call.
I tried calling them but there is an automated voice message saying they are unable to answer the phone and to email them.

I am sorry, I did not write it correctly. Under normal circumstances I saw on the spreadsheet that it will only take an email to get that change done.
But taking into consideration that before I can email KCC (next week) or before I get a reply from KCC (based on my previous experience and understanding this is not a rule, in about three weeks), I could be scheduled - I understand the situation to change from CP to AOS gets more complicated as the embassy will have my file at that point.
In that case, scheduled and file at embassy, how do I request the change? Is is just the email to KCC or do I have to do anything else or is it impossible?
Thank you so much.

I’m not understanding the issue. If you do happen to get scheduled in the interim that means your consulate will be holding interviews, so why wouldn’t you just go home and interview?