DV 2021 AOS Only

dinu.

Just sharing my experience: My lawyer, like yours, did not send my DV fee receipt, which I paid after. My package was accepted without any issues and I will bring the receipt to the interview. Your question is also answered on the spreadsheet FAQ tab.
Thank you so much Raphael for the response. I ve been really worried about this whole day.. Thanks alot

MayaA

Hello @Sm1smom

I've filed the AOS early January (right after my number EU61XX became current), had biometric appt early March, but still no interview. The USCIS rep says the cutoff for "outside of normal processing time" will be July 15th. Would I be able (and would it make sense) to switch to consular processing at some point, if I don't hear from them after that cutoff date? I know, this is very hypothetical, but I'd rather be prepared for such an option, should there be a need for it. And your opinion on this of course is invaluable. Thank you!

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hello @Sm1smom

I've filed the AOS early January (right after my number EU61XX became current), had biometric appt early March, but still no interview. The USCIS rep says the cutoff for "outside of normal processing time" will be July 15th. Would I be able (and would it make sense) to switch to consular processing at some point, if I don't hear from them after that cutoff date? I know, this is very hypothetical, but I'd rather be prepared for such an option, should there be a need for it. And your opinion on this of course is invaluable. Thank you!
Switch to CP after mid July when KCC would have or is getting ready to send out 2NL for September interviews for those processing CP? You do realize there are certain steps that must happen in order for KCC to schedule a CP interview and none of those have happened with your case because you’re processing AOS? Plus, if KCC already sent your KCC file to your FO, KCC no longer has anything to do with the case. There’s still plenty of time left for you to complete AOS, you just need to be patient.

MayaA

Switch to CP after mid July when KCC would have or is getting ready to send out 2NL for September interviews for those processing CP? You do realize there are certain steps that must happen in order for KCC to schedule a CP interview and none of those have happened with your case because you’re processing AOS? Plus, if KCC already sent your KCC file to your FO, KCC no longer has anything to do with the case. There’s still plenty of time left for you to complete AOS, you just need to be patient.
Thank you very much for your insight! I did ask KCC about my file and they got back to me 4/7 saying "Your case file has not been requested by USCIS as of this morning. Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them." (My Q was phrased as "I am writing to inquire whether the Immigration Officer has requested my KCC file from you, and if and/or when it was send to them as requested.")

Again, thank you so much for your feedback, just want to be prepared for various scenarios, in the meantime following your advice and staying patient! Thank you.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Thank you very much for your insight! I did ask KCC about my file and they got back to me 4/7 saying "Your case file has not been requested by USCIS as of this morning. Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them." (My Q was phrased as "I am writing to inquire whether the Immigration Officer has requested my KCC file from you, and if and/or when it was send to them as requested.")

Again, thank you so much for your feedback, just want to be prepared for various scenarios, in the meantime following your advice and staying patient! Thank you.
That is the response as at 4/7 right? Doesn’t mean that will be the same situation by mid July.