• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Answering out of order because it makes sense to me to do it this way :

Re 3, pretty much - the other way to look at it is to subtract the time from her age to get an adjusted age. You subtract the pending time of the petition which according to USCIS is “For DV derivative applicants, the number of days the petition was pending is the period of time between the start of the DV Program registration period to the date of the DV selection letter.”

1. Submitting early does not change the fact that the number is only current in May, regardless, your child will be protected and eligible for a green card (assuming of course all other eligibility requirements are met).

2. Does not happen and does not make a difference. The date of receipt and review do not affect the calculation. The officer will do the calculation at the interview.
Thanks for the detailed answer, I understood everything.

Hi everyone,

Those who are also here on AOS in the rightful status but not able to currently work (and get the health insurance through employer), how do you go about the insurance? Do you recommend any company or plan? Appreciate any insight on this.

It would be nice if they have already requested it though. I am thinking about mentioning it during INFOPASS but I don't want to sound like I am teaching their job to them.
How were you able to get infopass? I tried through Emma and by calling USCIS but was told to basically wait (I've submitted my application about 4 months ago). Thank you!

How were you able to get infopass? I tried through Emma and by calling USCIS but was told to basically wait (I've submitted my application about 4 months ago). Thank you!
Same. I tried but was told that they don't schedule infopass appointments just to give updates on applications. I'm curious to know how to schedule one.

Hi everyone,

Those who are also here on AOS in the rightful status but not able to currently work (and get the health insurance through employer), how do you go about the insurance? Do you recommend any company or plan? Appreciate any insight on this.
Off the topic of AOS, its very risky to be living here without health insurance. An accident can cost you tens of thousands of dollars. May I ask what status are you on that you don’t have access to insurance? Employers and colleges both provide health insurance including to dependents.

I haven’t bothered to watch/listen to the video but based others’ summary, what he is irrelevant to DV based AOS applications.

On a side note, since you’ve decided to go the AOS route, you might want to be careful with the different sources you’re listening to/visiting before you end up confusing yourself.
Ok Mom thank you for your suggestion

1. If you’ve already informed KCC you’re switching from CP to AOS, reopening the DS260 now to correct the address is not necessary. If you’ve not yet informed KCC of your plan to switch, you’re missing a critical step which you need to address right away.
2. If you feel your CN is likely to be listed as current anytime soon, you may go ahead and make the payment as long as you’re aware that payment is non-refundable should your CN end up not being current. Other than that, I can’t tell you precisely how long to wait or how soon to make the payment.
Thank you very much, your answer is very appreciated

I am kind of an expert now about these things :D You just need to find the right person. The first person was giving me general responses and trying to get rid of me so I didn’t insist to that one. I tried again and the second person was more interested in helping. I started with my name mistake, she said I should correct it in the interview and then I said I am worried I won’t get interview on time because DV applications have time limitation and I have been waiting for months. I said I just want to make sure my FO knows DV program and time limitation. I also said I tried talking to a tier 2 agent and I couldn’t find out if my FO know about the time limitation. Then she was convinced to schedule an infopass.

I am kind of an expert now about these things :D You just need to find the right person. The first person was giving me general responses and trying to get rid of me so I didn’t insist to that one. I tried again and the second person was more interested in helping. I started with my name mistake, she said I should correct it in the interview and then I said I am worried I won’t get interview on time because DV applications have time limitation and I have been waiting for months. I said I just want to make sure my FO knows DV program and time limitation. I also said I tried talking to a tier 2 agent and I couldn’t find out if my FO know about the time limitation. Then she was convinced to schedule an infopass.
I thought you scheduled your INFOPASS using Emma... I’m confused now.

Hello friends,

Is anyone heard anything about USCIS field office in Memphis TN, how good it is? is it pretty slow too? anyone knows anything about it?

Hello friends,

Is anyone heard anything about USCIS field office in Memphis TN, how good it is? is it pretty slow too? anyone knows anything about it?
You can look at previous spreadsheet timelines to have an idea but keep in mind this year is slower than usual due to COVID.

Question: since I live in the middle of absolutely nowhere, there is only one doctor that does the medical exam. Would it be possible to do it in a different state (I have a trip planned there in a couple of weeks) and, if it is possible, would that be a problem or weird or anything for my case?

I tried that and she's always like "I am super cool and advanced, I can help you better than anyone, talk to me instead" -- like not with those words, but homie there is clingy AF! :rolleyes:
When you type live chat it will show a list of topics, you will select case status and it will ask for receipt number and at the end it puts you in the queue. Sometimes if it’s a non business hour or rush hour, it won’t connect but usually it works.

Question: since I live in the middle of absolutely nowhere, there is only one doctor that does the medical exam. Would it be possible to do it in a different state (I have a trip planned there in a couple of weeks) and, if it is possible, would that be a problem or weird or anything for my case?
I don't think that should be a problem as long as you use one of the authorized doctors.

Hi,
I’m filing the I-485, and I had a question regarding the Employment History section:
I’m a full-time undergraduate student and did not have a full/part time job ever. I only had some unpaid internships and for-credit internships on campus. Should I list that I’m a full time student and list my current college as the employer? Or am I supposed to put None instead?
Thank you in advance!

When you type live chat it will show a list of topics, you will select case status and it will ask for receipt number and at the end it puts you in the queue. Sometimes if it’s a non business hour or rush hour, it won’t connect but usually it works.
Gotcha! So I need the payment receipt for that. That explains it tbh. Thank you!!!
I don't think that should be a problem as long as you use one of the authorized doctors.
Awesome! Hopefully in Chicago I will have more pricing options available, thank you !!