• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi,
I read in the forum that some users say they are sending I-134. I am a F1 student and no one is sponsoring me and I believe I do not need to send this form. Since I-944 has been discontinued. These are the things I am putting in my AOS package from the financial perspective:
1) Bank statements
2) Pay stubs
3) Tax transcripts
4) Credit report
5) W2s
6) Employment verification letter

I would appreciate if you let me know if I am missing anything here.

Dear Mom and Simon, Is this real that AOS is delaying now? some comment from Kuck yesterday said in his video Just noticed now

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
I collected all the documents I could from the list. I can send a package, my number is correct in May, but I have a child in the package who turns 21 on April 27, is not married, lives with me.
1. Can I send the package earlier?
2. What is the correct way to start a quick review of my package based on a 21-year-old child?
3. I read on the websites about the age freeze and if she turns 21 in April, does it mean that you can deduct the months from the date of application to the announcement of the result and then 21 is extended until December, then do I correctly think that there is no cause for concern?

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
I collected all the documents I could from the list. I can send a package, my number is correct in May, but I have a child in the package who turns 21 on April 27, is not married, lives with me.
2. What is the correct way to start a quick review of my package based on a 21-year-old child?
3. I read on the websites about the age freeze and if she turns 21 in April, does it mean that you can deduct the months from the date of application to the announcement of the result and then 21 is extended until December, then do I correctly think that there is no cause for concern?
Answering out of order because it makes sense to me to do it this way :

Re 3, pretty much - the other way to look at it is to subtract the time from her age to get an adjusted age. You subtract the pending time of the petition which according to USCIS is “For DV derivative applicants, the number of days the petition was pending is the period of time between the start of the DV Program registration period to the date of the DV selection letter.”

1. Submitting early does not change the fact that the number is only current in May, regardless, your child will be protected and eligible for a green card (assuming of course all other eligibility requirements are met).

2. Does not happen and does not make a difference. The date of receipt and review do not affect the calculation. The officer will do the calculation at the interview.

Answering out of order because it makes sense to me to do it this way :

Re 3, pretty much - the other way to look at it is to subtract the time from her age to get an adjusted age. You subtract the pending time of the petition which according to USCIS is “For DV derivative applicants, the number of days the petition was pending is the period of time between the start of the DV Program registration period to the date of the DV selection letter.”

1. Submitting early does not change the fact that the number is only current in May, regardless, your child will be protected and eligible for a green card (assuming of course all other eligibility requirements are met).

2. Does not happen and does not make a difference. The date of receipt and review do not affect the calculation. The officer will do the calculation at the interview.
Like what like completely delaying? I want to see this video can you send link on this video please ?
in the middle of the video he says that

Are you talking about the comment he makes at around -18:35, when answering the question:

"With PERM processing slowed down will there be fewer new I-140s filed next fiscal year allowing even quicker backlog reduction?"

He does say "The problem is that USCIS is not adjudicating adjustments" but I don't think this is an absolute statement that USCIS have stopped adjudicating, I think it's more of a general observation that they are slow these days. That's the impression I got anyway, I could be wrong. But there have definitely been some DV21 AOS cases adjudicated, based on the spreadsheet.

yes Mom, I have faith that with our B2 visas our AOS will be accepted In these times that there are so many adversities, hopefully they understand that we must resort to all possible ways since in our countries havn t yet begun interviews and it is an opportunity in a million
I hope you didn’t make any misrepresentation to CBP officers on entry about the purpose of coming to the US.

Dear Sm1smom,
I am an F-1 student graduating next month and waiting for an OPT approval starting this summer. The company I will be working in is also applying working visa for me as my H-1B petition got selected this year. My DV2021 case number is AS34XXX, which is very high, so I probably do not have much chance to wait till the VB is current, but I still want to hope for the best. In this case, I would really like to know if you would suggest me to chose AOS or CP when it comes to DV2021, considering the limited time left, the pandemic, the processing speed of immigration office and consular, and my changing visa status. A friend of mine suggested me to try doing both at the same time and see which gets an interview faster, but I don't know if it is legit and legal to apply both ways at a time. I am just super worried and confused, and thank you so much for your time!!
Sorry I can’t help you decide with regards to the best processing option for you, you’ll need to re-assess your situation and settle on what you feel may work for you. You cannot initiate both options simultaneously, there are certain steps you’ll need to take for each option once you’ve decided o the route to go.

Sm1smom , 1- Should I correct the address in DS 260 to the actual USA address or is not necessary?
2 - With how much time before filing should I send the check to KCC ? thank you
1. If you’ve already informed KCC you’re switching from CP to AOS, reopening the DS260 now to correct the address is not necessary. If you’ve not yet informed KCC of your plan to switch, you’re missing a critical step which you need to address right away.
2. If you feel your CN is likely to be listed as current anytime soon, you may go ahead and make the payment as long as you’re aware that payment is non-refundable should your CN end up not being current. Other than that, I can’t tell you precisely how long to wait or how soon to make the payment.

Hi,
I read in the forum that some users say they are sending I-134. I am a F1 student and no one is sponsoring me and I believe I do not need to send this form. Since I-944 has been discontinued. These are the things I am putting in my AOS package from the financial perspective:
1) Bank statements
2) Pay stubs
3) Tax transcripts
4) Credit report
5) W2s
6) Employment verification letter

I would appreciate if you let me know if I am missing anything here.
You can compare your list with what is already listed on the AOS process spreadsheet.

Dear Mom and Simon, Is this real that AOS is delaying now? some comment from Kuck yesterday said in his video Just noticed now
I don’t follow Kuck’s website nor watch/listen to his video (no offense or disrespect to him), I have no idea the context in which the statement you’re asking about was made.

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
1. You may do early filing anything from when the VB that shows your CN as being current comes out (read more on early filing on the AOS process spreadsheet).
2. There’s no such thing.
3. See Susie’s earlier response.

in the middle of the video he says that
I haven’t bothered to watch/listen to the video but based others’ summary, what he is irrelevant to DV based AOS applications.

On a side note, since you’ve decided to go the AOS route, you might want to be careful with the different sources you’re listening to/visiting before you end up confusing yourself.

Hi, Mom. I have a question about an email I received from KCC. They replied to my question about the DV payment receipt and in their reply, they also said: "Your case has not been requested by USCIS. Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them."

What does it mean that my case has not been requested by USCIS? Is it because they will do so after my biometrics appointment? Is there anything I should do? Thank you.

Hi, Mom. I have a question about an email I received from KCC. They replied to my question about the DV payment receipt and in their reply, they also said: "Your case has not been requested by USCIS. Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them."

What does it mean that my case has not been requested by USCIS? Is it because they will do so after my biometrics appointment? Is there anything I should do? Thank you.
Hello, They gave me the exact same response too. When they request it depends on the FO, I guess.