• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

In their email, they told me to wait until 14 April. If I still did not receive it, then they will send receipt via email. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing that info. How long did you wait for a reply to your email? I emailed them on March 29th.

FYI

My check was cashed on 16th of March.

KCC told me that they mailed the receipt on 31 March.

Still waiting to receive it.
Given this, and for future reference for other people that might have this issue, I am wondering if there is any envelope we can send that's faster than regular mail? Just like you can overnight a letter when you send it directly, am I making any sense?

Given this, and for future reference for other people that might have this issue, I am wondering if there is any envelope we can send that's faster than regular mail? Just like you can overnight a letter when you send it directly, am I making any sense?
Some applicants use the pre-paid overnight/next day delivery mailing for the return envelope. It's a matter of individual preference. KCC doesn't care as to what is used as the return envelope, there's no requirement to use the regular mail for the return envelope.

Some applicants use the pre-paid overnight/next day delivery mailing for the return envelope. It's a matter of individual preference. KCC doesn't care as to what is used as the return envelope, there's no requirement to use the regular mail for the return envelope.
Thank you for the answer! I don't know if during COVID times this will make a difference but I see some people that have not sent the fee yet or are not current yet, worrying about it so this might help them out.

Sm1Simon Thank you very much for your fantastic Spreadsheets that I am studying now. I was losted before but now I can understand better all the steps so very good explained Thank you for making save money to so many people in so many years You and Britsimon are incredible persons

You joined this forum as far back as May 2015, and you've been posting since then. Claiming English is not your first language as the reason why you can't look through a simple spreadsheet to find the information that you need doesn't come across as a legitimate reason IMO. BUT I will give you the benefit of the doubt this one time:

Your question: "If i decide NOT to fill the DS-260 [since its optional for AOS], can i still get the 2NL from KCC."

Applicable Answer form the AOS_FAQs tab of the AOS spreadsheet:
DS260 form submission is what typically triggers the AOS based 2NL (DS260 form informs KCC of your plan to process AOS, KCC responds by sending an email (with DV administrative fee payment instructions attached) acknowledging their awareness of your AOS process decision).
If you choose to not submit the DS260 form, you may still get an email acknowledging KCC's awareness of your plan to process AOS after you've made the DV administrative fee payment - this is your 2NL. If you end up not getting the 2NL (after making the DV Administrative fee payment, don't stress over its absence.

Your question: "What is the best time to submit the DS-260, in order to get the 2NL KCC letter on time. [ do i need to wait for this before i send the package]"

You can submit whenever you like. KCC does not process the DS260 forms for AOSers like they do for CP. However the sooner you do, the sonner you will get your 2NL
Yes you can submit the AOS package without the 2NL.

See? Answer to most of the basic questions have already been covered on the AOS process spreadsheet. You just need to carefully go through all the different tabs of the spreadsheet if you've never done so before. You may need to do this a couple of times to familiarize yourself with the different steps and listed information.
Thank you so very much for being kind regardless of my mistakes.Please forgive me for inconviniences caused. Yes i joined the forum in 2015 but i was inactive and hadnt won the DV lottery. But it happened for DV 2021. I will take time to read [and maybe print out the speadsheet[ so i understand it better. God bless you.

Sm1Simon Thank you very much for your fantastic Spreadsheets that I am studying now. I was losted before but now I can understand better all the steps so very good explained Thank you for making save money to so many people in so many years You and Britsimon are incredible persons
Glad to know the spreadsheet is making a big difference for you. Feel free to post follow up questions on issues not already covered on the spreadsheet should you need to.

yes Mom, I have faith that with our B2 visas our AOS will be accepted In these times that there are so many adversities, hopefully they understand that we must resort to all possible ways since in our countries havn t yet begun interviews and it is an opportunity in a million

Hello i have two questions:
- I have to update some information in my DS260, how to proceed? Do it have a consequence? For example delay

- Should i send documents to KCC without their email because i saw next month my case number will inside the prediction
Thanks

Hello i have two questions:
- I have to update some information in my DS260, how to proceed? Do it have a consequence? For example delay

- Should i send documents to KCC without their email because i saw next month my case number will inside the prediction
Thanks
Are you process AOS or CP?

Dear Sm1smom,
I am an F-1 student graduating next month and waiting for an OPT approval starting this summer. The company I will be working in is also applying working visa for me as my H-1B petition got selected this year. My DV2021 case number is AS34XXX, which is very high, so I probably do not have much chance to wait till the VB is current, but I still want to hope for the best. In this case, I would really like to know if you would suggest me to chose AOS or CP when it comes to DV2021, considering the limited time left, the pandemic, the processing speed of immigration office and consular, and my changing visa status. A friend of mine suggested me to try doing both at the same time and see which gets an interview faster, but I don't know if it is legit and legal to apply both ways at a time. I am just super worried and confused, and thank you so much for your time!!

Sm1smom , 1- Should I correct the address in DS 260 to the actual USA address or is not necessary?
2 - With how much time before filing should I send the check to KCC ? thank you