• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello Sm1simon,

I am referring to the first package. We selected "yes" for question 11 (part 2 - page 4 - 10/15/19 edition). Instructions say to fill suppl. A. We corrected the mistake in the form in the second package.
The mistake doesn't simply imply more fee in your case, it was an option you mistakenly selected. If you were told on the phone to send in Supplement A, which is the correct form (and applicable payment) someone who genuinely falls under the YES category is required to do in order to be eligible to file AOS, that is probably because the agent you spoke with didn't seem to understand you erroneously selected that option as it does not apply to you. The agent provided you with the wrong information in this case.

I already provided you with a couple of possible solutions for dealing with this issue. Please go back and review them.

Be prepared for anything and everything. Be prepared to explain when you filed, when you completed the bio, efforts you've made to date, sunset deadline applicable to DV cases, whatever else comes to your mind.

Hi mom,
I'm sorry if this question was already asked: what is the difference between request to talk to a tier 2 agent and request an infopass? Thank you.

Hi mom,
I'm sorry if this question was already asked: what is the difference between request to talk to a tier 2 agent and request an infopass? Thank you.
Tier 2 agent = request to speak with a higher ranking personnel who hopefully has a better insight into your case file, more than the online update which both you and the frontline agent who picks the call can see. Tier 2 may be able willing to send further following up inquires to the NBC or your FO on your behalf.
INFOPASS = a scheduled appointment to enable you visit your FO in person for direct case follow up inquiries.

Tier 2 agent = request to speak with a higher ranking personnel who hopefully has a better insight into your case file, more than the online update which both you and the frontline agent who picks the call can see. Tier 2 may be able willing to send further following up inquires to the NBC or your FO on your behalf.
INFOPASS = a scheduled appointment to enable you visit your FO in person for direct case follow up inquiries.

Got it! So I have requested to talk to a tier 2 agent and I'm waiting for their call.
Would you recommend start requesting an infopass while I'm waiting or will this be a bad move?

Does anyone have any idea how USCIS Lockbox (lets say Chicago) open packages?
Like a daily basis? Weekly?
it’d be interesting to know

Seeing that your response to my suggestion for you to go through the AOS process spreadsheet is within 10 minutes of my post, I highly doubt you've gone through it again as recommended. I'm sorry I can't give you the "clarity" you're seeking because the spreadsheet is clear enough IMO. If you go through the FAQ tab in particular, you will see the answers to these basic questions. It took a lot of effort to put that tool together, and the expectation is for users to equally put in a little bit of effort by using the resources that is already made available. I'm sorry I can't help you if you're not willing to put in the effort to help your self.

Maybe someone else in the forum may be willing to provide some direct answers to these questions of yours, I certainly don't have an issue with anyone doing so.
Please forgive me for the inconviniences caused. I do apologize. English not my first language.
Please someone help me see where the anwer to this quetion is. Thank you,

Please forgive me for the inconviniences caused. I do apologize. English not my first language.
Please someone help me see where the anwer to this quetion is. Thank you,
You joined this forum as far back as May 2015, and you've been posting since then. Claiming English is not your first language as the reason why you can't look through a simple spreadsheet to find the information that you need doesn't come across as a legitimate reason IMO. BUT I will give you the benefit of the doubt this one time:

Your question: "If i decide NOT to fill the DS-260 [since its optional for AOS], can i still get the 2NL from KCC."

Applicable Answer form the AOS_FAQs tab of the AOS spreadsheet:
DS260 form submission is what typically triggers the AOS based 2NL (DS260 form informs KCC of your plan to process AOS, KCC responds by sending an email (with DV administrative fee payment instructions attached) acknowledging their awareness of your AOS process decision).
If you choose to not submit the DS260 form, you may still get an email acknowledging KCC's awareness of your plan to process AOS after you've made the DV administrative fee payment - this is your 2NL. If you end up not getting the 2NL (after making the DV Administrative fee payment, don't stress over its absence.

Your question: "What is the best time to submit the DS-260, in order to get the 2NL KCC letter on time. [ do i need to wait for this before i send the package]"

You can submit whenever you like. KCC does not process the DS260 forms for AOSers like they do for CP. However the sooner you do, the sonner you will get your 2NL
Yes you can submit the AOS package without the 2NL.

See? Answer to most of the basic questions have already been covered on the AOS process spreadsheet. You just need to carefully go through all the different tabs of the spreadsheet if you've never done so before. You may need to do this a couple of times to familiarize yourself with the different steps and listed information.

Has anyone here have recent news about the time it takes for the receipt of the AOS process fee to be sent? I mean, after the start of the vaccination. It is faster these days or not yet?

USCIS Lockbox Updates
Release Date
01/08/2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and other factors, USCIS is experiencing delays in issuing receipt notices for some applications and petitions filed at a USCIS lockbox facility. The information below explains the current state of our lockbox operations and the issues affecting receipt notices.

Current Situation

As a result of COVID-19 restrictions, an increase in filings, current postal service volume and other external factors, you may experience a delay of four to six weeks in receiving your receipt notice after properly filing an application or petition with a USCIS lockbox. These delays will not affect the receipt date which is determined pursuant to 8 C.F.R. 103.2(a)(7). Delays may vary among form types and lockbox locations. In some cases, you may experience significant delays if you filed a non-family based Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, or Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, based on eligibility categories described in 8 C.F.R. 274a.12(c)(3), relating to F-1 students.

The health and safety of our workforce remains a top priority. Across all USCIS offices, including lockbox facilities, the agency has taken necessary measures such as increased social distancing and frequent cleaning in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control guidance to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Some lockbox operations in locations that have been severely impacted by COVID-19 must adhere to stricter local guidelines.

What USCIS Is Doing

The USCIS lockbox workforce is working extra hours and redistributing its workload in order to minimize delays. Once we open and process your application, we print and mail the receipt notice. We do not anticipate any receipting delays that would result in a payment that is past its validity date.

Hello Everyone
I will be sending my AOS in on May 1st when CN goes current.
Can somebody give a rough idea on how long the process usually takes for an interview?

I am sure it’s been asked 100s of times but I am just trying to budget due to the fact I can’t work as of June 1st because my work visa expires.
Thank you kindly.

Hi mom, I am still waiting for KCC receipt, they said the sent the receipt on 4/1/2021, but I have not received yet. My question is about Medical Exams, because we did it on 3/10/2021 and they turn 60 days on May 10, assuming the Kcc receipt arrives next week and I send the AOS package to Chicago lockbox the week of April 19, would those exams still work? Do they take the date the courier delivers the package or the date they open the package? which we know can take a month to open it. Do you think that I should do some new medical exams or with the ones that I have, will I be fine? Thanks in advance.
Coming back to this question, you should be fine for as long as your AOS package is delivered on or before May 9th (not May 10th by the way) per 8 C.F.R. 103.2(a)(7)(i):
(i) USCIS will consider a benefit request received and will record the receipt date as of the actual date of receipt at the location designated for filing such benefit request whether electronically or in paper format (provided the application is correctly filed)

Hello Everyone
I will be sending my AOS in on May 1st when CN goes current.
Can somebody give a rough idea on how long the process usually takes for an interview?

I am sure it’s been asked 100s of times but I am just trying to budget due to the fact I can’t work as of June 1st because my work visa expires.
Thank you kindly.
Take a look at the 2021 timeline spreadsheet for what the current processing time looks like (bear in mind, there are several factors at play with regards to how long it takes).

Take a look at the 2021 Timeline spreadsheet.

Maybe I can't see that information, but does the spreadsheet also show how long it takes to receive the DV fee receipt? My check was cashed on March 23 but I haven't received the receipt and KCC is not replying to my email.

Maybe I can't see that information, but does the spreadsheet also show how long it takes to receive the DV fee receipt? My check was cashed on March 23 but I haven't received the receipt and KCC is not replying to my email.

The spreadsheet has 3 columns related to :
DV Fee Payment Delivery or Payment Cashed DateDV Fee Payment Receipt Received DatePayment Receipt Date
-
Payment Date
(Days)

The spreadsheet has 3 columns related to :
DV Fee Payment Delivery or Payment Cashed DateDV Fee Payment Receipt Received DatePayment Receipt Date
-
Payment Date
(Days)
Thank you. I think I'm looking at the wrong spreadsheet because I can't see those columns that say "DV"

FYI

My check was cashed on 16th of March.

KCC told me that they mailed the receipt on 31 March.

Still waiting to receive it.

FYI

My check was cashed on 16th of March.

KCC told me that they mailed the receipt on 31 March.

Still waiting to receive it.

Thank you. I would just like to know if they mailed my receipt as well. But since it looks like it takes a long time to get it even after they mail it, I can wait a couple more weeks.

Thank you. I would just like to know if they mailed my receipt as well. But since it looks like it takes a long time to get it even after they mail it, I can wait a couple more weeks.
In their email, they told me to wait until 14 April. If I still did not receive it, then they will send receipt via email. Fingers crossed.