• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom, I sent my AOS Fee via UPS and it was redirected to:

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
1005 CONVENTION PLZ
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63101
US

Because UPS do not deliver to P.O Boxes. Should I do anything or will this end up in the right hands? Thank you!
actually ups delivers to P.O BOX thats how i sent mine. Ups will ask you to sign a document as they will hand it to USPS to put in the box

1. Anyone can always leave the US, there’s no problem with departing from the US. Admission or re-admission to the US however is never guaranteed regardless of a demonstrated intent or not. Only a USC is guaranteed an admission into the US.
2. Prior AOS application shouldn’t be an issue with getting OPT approval.
3. Yes, a previously demonstrated immigrant intent may lead to a denial of a new NIV. The NIV is either approved or denied, I can’t give you %chance rate of denial or approval.
Thank you very much!

If you can, could you please elaborate on the answer to Question 1? As an F-1 student, currently I have no problem entering the US when I visit my family. Yes, there is always a risk but it is quite low as a student with no prior immigration intent, so I don't really have doubt at that time. However, in case of denied/withdrawn prior green card application, would this risk be higher? Would you say "there will probably no problems (just like now), or would you say "there is a high probability for denial of re-admission"?

I am trying to decide if I should apply for Green Card with a case number of 23XXX, since I will need to visit my family in the next 3-4 years.

Sorry for my English and thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

If you can, could you please elaborate on the answer to Question 1? As an F-1 student, currently I have no problem entering the US when I visit my family. Yes, there is always a risk but it is quite low as a student with no prior immigration intent, so I don't really have doubt at that time. However, in case of denied/withdrawn prior green card application, would this risk be higher? Would you say "there will probably no problems (just like now), or would you say "there is a high probability for denial of re-admission"?

I am trying to decide if I should apply for Green Card with a case number of 23XXX, since I will need to visit my family in the next 3-4 years.

Sorry for my English and thank you very much!
Again, I don't do probability - you're either admitted or denied re-admission. Sorry it isn't the response you're looking for, I unfortunately can't do any better than I've already done.

Hello. 1.All documents should be sent only copies?
2. Even translations signed by the translator or certificates signed by the employer are also copies or should these documents be sent original?

Hi, Mom.

1. Is it possible to file make an Expedite request based on me getting an offer from another US company with a few times higher salary?
Currently, I am on an L1 visa and can't accept an offer unless I have a GC.
Should I try to do it?

One of the reasons for expedite request is:
"Severe financial loss to a company or person"

Hi, Mom.

1. Is it possible to file make an Expedite request based on me getting an offer from another US company with a few times higher salary?
Currently, I am on an L1 visa and can't accept an offer unless I have a GC.
Should I try to do it?

One of the reasons for expedite request is:
"Severe financial loss to a company or person"
You can try if you like, there's no harm in trying.

Considering you've already had your interview though, if the delay you're experience is tied to a pending background check clearance, an expedite request is of no use. The case simply will not be approved until the background check has cleared.

Hi mom, I am still waiting for KCC receipt, they said the sent the receipt on 4/1/2021, but I have not received yet. My question is about Medical Exams, because we did it on 3/10/2021 and they turn 60 days on May 10, assuming the Kcc receipt arrives next week and I send the AOS package to Chicago lockbox the week of April 19, would those exams still work? Do they take the date the courier delivers the package or the date they open the package? which we know can take a month to open it. Do you think that I should do some new medical exams or with the ones that I have, will I be fine? Thanks in advance.

Hi mom, I am still waiting for KCC receipt, they said the sent the receipt on 4/1/2021, but I have not received yet. My question is about Medical Exams, because we did it on 3/10/2021 and they turn 60 days on May 10, assuming the Kcc receipt arrives next week and I send the AOS package to Chicago lockbox the week of April 19, would those exams still work? Do they take the date the courier delivers the package or the date they open the package? which we know can take a month to open it. Do you think that I should do some new medical exams or with the ones that I have, will I be fine? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• E584EAE0-9B47-42BD-80BA-8FF03483B400.jpeg
    E584EAE0-9B47-42BD-80BA-8FF03483B400.jpeg
    655.1 KB · Views: 27
Yes they can include the tax transcript and bank statement (assuming the bank statement reflects a substantial amount of money).
Hi Mom,

So does this comment mean that we should not add bank statements if it does not reflect "a substantial amount of money?" I will include my paychecks and tax return transcripts. Would that be enough for financial documents?

Tier 2 agent said my case is in my field office right now. I think it is good news I was worried it was stuck at NBC. Can I assume my background check is done? The agent said she doesn't have that information.

Tier 2 agent said my case is in my field office right now. I think it is good news I was worried it was stuck at NBC. Can I assume my background check is done? The agent said she doesn't have that information.

Hi! How long did you wait before the tier 2 agent called you back?

I’m sorry I cannot out rightly tell you if you may need to do a new medical exam. You can mail it as is and keep your fingers crossed, hoping everything works out. It is really your call.

As for the date USCIS uses in counting the 60 day period, there are different schools of thought on that. USCIS’s website says the form should be signed by the CS no more than “60 days before the date the applicant filed an application for the underlying immigration benefit” The question continues to be around what is considered ‘date filed’. Some believe it has to do with the post marked date on the AOS package, some believe it is the date the package gets delivered, some believe it is the date USCIS formally accepts the package.

Prior to the coronavirus outbreak, I tend to be with this third school of thought in view of the fact that the NOA that gets issued after the package has been accepted typically doesn't list the package mailed date or package delivery date (albeit it wasn't usual for the package delivery date to be listed as the acceptance date back then because processing was a lot smoother). However since the COVID-19 outbreak, leading to office closure and subsequently unprecedented delays in processing received packages, I'm currently in agreement with the second school of thought - filed date probably equals package delivery date.

Hi Mom,

So does this comment mean that we should not add bank statements if it does not reflect "a substantial amount of money?" I will include my paychecks and tax return transcripts. Would that be enough for financial documents?
Please read my posts/comments within the context of the questions/issues they are addressing. The post you quoted was in the context of supporting documents for an I-134.

What is applicable in one situation may not necessarily be applicable in another, so please use your discretion in determining if you wish to include your bank statements or not as one of your financial statement documents.

It doesn't necessarily mean the background check has cleared - the NBC is not in the habit of withholding case files until the background check clears. The typical process is for the NBC to forward the the I-485 to the FO with jurisdiction over the case which could be long before the bio is scheduled or completed.

It doesn't necessarily mean the background check has cleared - the NBC is not in the habit of withholding case files until the background check clears. The typical process is for the NBC to forward the the I-485 to the FO with jurisdiction over the case which could be long before the bio is scheduled or completed.
But FO cannot schedule an interview before NBC forwards the I-485 to them, right? Are the statuses of "interview is ready to be scheduled", "background check is cleared" or the file being sent to FO completely irrelevant to eachother? Thank you.

Another update- I asked KCC if my field office requested my file on March 26. They replied today saying it has not been requested yet.

Reactions: TZ&
Hello mom,

I will do the tax amendment and returning back the stimulus check by contacting the IRS. I will bring my amended tax return forms hopefully to the interview if I get the opportunity to process.

In the AOS package I will send my recent pay checks, W-2s, Employment verification letter and I- 134 as evidence of financial support.
Do you think there is a possibility of my case denial based on not sending tax transcripts in the AOS package as a F1 student?

Thank you so much.