• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

The original idea behind setting up a “global office” isn’t intended for guiding students on other aspects of immigration - their primary role is that of maintaining and updating international students’ records in SEVIS, period. A school such as yours may decide to bring in USCIS officials to brief international students - most colleges do not offer that service.

It is therefore unreasonable IMO to expect some college based Global office to be “reliable when it comes to other aspects of immigration” simply because international students “pay triple the cost of tuition fees compared to local students” - the schools do not owe international students that service because of the amount of money they pay. Local students attending public schools in their States of residence pay significantly less than international students because their parents presumably pay taxes, part of which is used in funding the schools international students are benefitting from by attending. A local student who opts to attend a private institution is expected to pay the same amount of tuition fee as an international student, as those private institutions are self funded (they do not benefit from government funding derived from tax payers).

I realize this conversation is digressing from the purpose and intent of this thread, but I feel it is important to address certain misconceptions being expressed on the thread.
I apologize, I didn't mean to get political about University education in the U.S. I was referring to out-of-state tuition fees but like you said, the university does not owe us immigration service beyond maintaining our students status. I didn't expect anything from them anyway until I saw that post on Instagram from the UCF Global Office. My original question was whether I would gain some kind of benefit by attending the upcoming info session at my university regarding pathways to citizenship since I'm already a DV selectee. But now I know that this may actually harm my DV process. Thank you for the advice.

Good day! Thanks for your work! A thousand thanks to you!
I sent a money order to KCC, how can I find out about check cashing? How do you know this? I have not enclosed a self-addressed envelope and the payment letter will not come to me, I will write to my e-mail, but I need to send the package now. Can I send a package without a letter, but only with a copy of the receipt for payment for DV?

Hello! I/We are new to posting on this forum so my apologies if I am posting this incorrectly.

Thank you for this forum - it's extremely helpful. I have a couple of questions relating to submitting the DS-260 forms.
1. Is there a disadvantage to not submitting the DS-260 forms for the applicant and derivatives?
2. Would this potentially make the process a little quicker because we won't be waiting for the 2NL?
3. When current, would we then start with paying the Admin Fee?
Thank you!
1, 2, 3: Please take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet.

Good day! Thanks for your work! A thousand thanks to you!
I sent a money order to KCC, how can I find out about check cashing? How do you know this? I have not enclosed a self-addressed envelope and the payment letter will not come to me, I will write to my e-mail, but I need to send the package now. Can I send a package without a letter, but only with a copy of the receipt for payment for DV?
1. What form of payment did you use? Money order or cashier’s check? For money order, use this link or this. For cashier’s check, contact your bank.
2. See the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for a detailed response on this. (Copy of the purchase receipt for the money order or cashier’s check doesn’t necessarily prove the payment was made).

p.s. number your questions when you have more than one in a post.

Hello,
1). For those applicants with birth country different from their citizenship country, will USCIS want to see any proof of how we obtained the citizenship in the AOS package?
2). Do we provide just the birth certificate from birth country as listed under DOS civil documents?
Thank you.

Hello,
1). For those applicants with birth country different from their citizenship country, will USCIS want to see any proof of how we obtained the citizenship in the AOS package?
2). Do we provide just the birth certificate from birth country as listed under DOS civil documents?
Thank you.
1. USCIS doesn’t care.
2. Yes.

1, 2, 3: Please take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet.
Thank you for your response. I have already gone over the spreadsheet several times . I don’t see the option that refers to if you chose NOT to submit DS-260 forms. It “appears” as though you could miss that step, however it refers to sending the 2NL with AOS documents but if I don’t have a 2NL, do I just submit without it? I understand this may be clear to you as you know the process very well but I am uncertain and don’t want to jeopardize our chances. Thank you (in advance) for being clearer than the spreadsheet. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. I have already gone over the spreadsheet several times . I don’t see the option that refers to if you chose NOT to submit DS-260 forms. It “appears” as though you could miss that step, however it refers to sending the 2NL with AOS documents but if I don’t have a 2NL, do I just submit without it? I understand this may be clear to you as you know the process very well but I am uncertain and don’t want to jeopardize our chances. Thank you (in advance) for being clearer than the spreadsheet. Much appreciated.

Hi KeithJoan, here below the replies I received on the same topic.

The 2NL is not mandatory to include with the AOS package, even if you decide to file the DS260.

The AOS process spreadsheet doesn’t say you “MUST” include the 2NL in the AOS package. I suggest you take a look at the FAQ AOS section of that spreadsheet to answers to the above questions.

If you look at the advantage of filing DS-260 listed in the spreadsheet, you could probably infer the disadvantage of not filing DS-260.

If you don't have 2NL, then you don't have it. You can't make one just to include it in your AOS package.

Mom or Susie please correct me or elaborate it if needed.

Last edited:
My name in the passport is 4 names. Should I put only three names (first, second and last) or should I put 2 names in the middle?

This is normal, as of now. There’s no way to contact the DOS. They only way to follow up on the payment is by contacting KCC.
Hello Mom and everyone,

Could you please advice me what should I do if I forgot to include SASE within the package? Should I contact KCC or resend the DV fee again?

Thanks,

Hello,
What would you advise my sponsor to submit with I134. So my sponsor is a husband and wife, both retired. And from my understanding they have a gazillion bank accounts with different banks, stocks and investments. They are confused and they are asking me if they can just do one bank statements with sufficient savings in it+ their last tax returns.

Hello,
What would you advise my sponsor to submit with I134. So my sponsor is a husband and wife, both retired. And from my understanding they have a gazillion bank accounts with different banks, stocks and investments. They are confused and they are asking me if they can just do one bank statements with sufficient savings in it+ their last tax returns.
Yes they can include the tax transcript and bank statement (assuming the bank statement reflects a substantial amount of money).

@Sm1smom on the topic of Form I-134, is it a must (I see that almost everyone's mentioning it here)? Or would one's W-2s, Tax transcripts and bank statements suffice? Especially considering that my wife (the main applicant) is on F-2 status so she does not work atm (although she does have a graduate degree so she would be able to make an income once authorized to work).