• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Interesting, I saw some fast biometric appointment recently from NJ and FL.

Does anyone know how our files are being assigned to officers? Do you think there is a state based classification method?
Your address determines your field office and ASC, which is where your assigned officers are. Anecdotally it seems many FOs have one designated officer to deal with DV cases, nothing official on this.

Hi Sm1smom, looks like there are 2 more selectees in my situation, but mine is the longest one with 40 days.

As you suggested I decided to wait for 2 more weeks. This is the second week. I chatted with an USCIS Service Representative on live-chat and I was told that my case has not processed into the system as of yet. This makes me wonder a couple of things:

1. Is it worth trying to talk to an USCIS agent on the phone? Any chance of learning something more than the live-chat?

2. Considering USCIS process the applications chronologically and that my package arrived on May 4th, how is it possible not to process my application as of today, positive or negative? Is there any chance that my AOS package is lost and I am waiting for nothing? In that case don't you think waiting for 60 days is just a waste of time, maybe instead, I should resend another package?

3. Are there any legal consequences if a governmental authority loses a package including confidential information in it? You know anyone can do anything with that info (SSN, passport numbers, visa numbers, bank accounts, credit card info, etc) Oh God, I don't even want to think about it! Please say "it is not possible, the worst thing you will get is to be rejected!"

4. Is it possible to convince the doctor to resign the form without taking those blood and urine tests again? (considering in the US no-one gets tuberculosis) Or the forms should be signed by the dr within a specific time after the tests?

Please advise

Thanks

(If I may mom) What do you mean by "a confirmation for AOS"? Are you referring to NOA or are you referring to 2NL? Have you sent your AOS package? If not, (there are more info on FAQ tab of the spreadsheet but) you don't need to include 2NL. Do your medical and prepare your package if you have not already.
it's 2NL.
But I havent received the receipt of DV administrative fee payment

it's 2NL.
But I havent received the receipt of DV administrative fee payment
You don't need to wait for that to get your medical done. Depending on where you live, you may have a hard time to get it scheduled. The CS that I attended had appointments 2 days in a month. Plus, (you should go through the spreadsheet to make sure you understand the associated risk but) you can still send the package w/o that receipt.

Highly recommend to go through the spreadsheet. Then, you can decide whether to wait for 2NL and DV receipt or send your AOS sooner. You need to get things done faster as we approach the end of FY.

Last edited:
You don't need to wait for that to get your medical done. Depending on where you live, you may have a hard time to get it scheduled. The CS that I attended had appointments 2 days in a month. Plus, (you should go through the spreadsheet to make sure you understand the associated risk but) you can still send the package w/o that receipt.

Highly recommend to go through the spreadsheet. Then, you can decide whether to wait for 2NL and DV receipt or send your AOS sooner. You need to get things done faster as we approach the end of FY.
Thank you for the reply.
I'm planning to make an appointment for a Medical exam.
I checked on CEAC and my case is still at NVC.
is this normal?

Thank you for the reply.
is this normal?
Yes, I think it’s normal for AOSers.. Do not worry about CEAC, it’s mostly for CP. Read AOS spreadsheet and start gathering your documents.

Hello everyone I hope you all are doing well. I have a question for @Sm1smom, and would appreciate if anyone else has the answer to my questions:

1-For my interview do I need to bring a mailed credit report and score? I have a pdf of my credit report and a screenshot of my score, would that be enough or does it need to be mailed?

2-Same question but for my W-2 form and a letter stating I worked legally on campus without the need for OPT nor CPT, I was sent a pdf file and was wondering if I should ask for a mailed version of them or not?

3- I have checked the spreadsheet for the 9 FAM 302.8 file. I looked everywhere and didn't find the part it says that DV applicants are not required to submit I-864, would you please direct me to where specifically it mentions that?

Thank you again for everything, and have a great week

Hi, congrats to all people that already got their welcome letters/green cards!

I have a question, more just to feel calm...

1. Do I need to add a hotel address where I've been leaving for 2 weeks under "Part 3. Address History | Physical Address 2", common sense says "of course no, it is not residential address", but because of that two weeks gap between I arrived and moved in into my current rental apartment (Physical Address 1) I'm scary to don't mention it, and there is not too much time left before Sep 30, so I decided to don't afraid to look stupid again here and ask your opinion on this question.

2. Recent Immigration History 22.a has a blank input, what should I write there for my son/wife (they are under L2)

Thanks a lot!
I lived in an Airbnb for a month as well but I didn’t bother myself to mention that part in my form.

Hi, congrats to all people that already got their welcome letters/green cards!

I have a question, more just to feel calm...

1. Do I need to add a hotel address where I've been leaving for 2 weeks under "Part 3. Address History | Physical Address 2", common sense says "of course no, it is not residential address", but because of that two weeks gap between I arrived and moved in into my current rental apartment (Physical Address 1) I'm scary to don't mention it, and there is not too much time left before Sep 30, so I decided to don't afraid to look stupid again here and ask your opinion on this question.

2. Recent Immigration History 22.a has a blank input, what should I write there for my son/wife (they are under L2)

Thanks a lot!
1. I’m of the opinion it should be listed. I know some people already responded by saying they didn’t list similar information on their forms and they were fine. The instruction clearly says to provide physical address for “everywhere” you have lived in the past 5 years, and not the address of homes you’ve rented or owned. The information helps with when they’re conducting your background check. So if you want to be accurate with the immigration records you’re creating, list it. You weren’t in the US as a visitor when you stayed in that hotel, you were “living” there.
2. You’ll need to be more clear with this, I don’t understand your question.

Our application reached it's final stop today and we received our GC in the mailbox. Oh boy, what a relief. I feel fortunate and blessed not only for being selected in DV2021, but also for coming across this amazing forum with it's caring members and moderators and the extensive information they made available to all of us. I'd like to thank the moderators of this forum -especially @Sm1smom - for the vast amount of information and free advice they made available. Without your support I'd not have a clue where to start and what to do. Also Wishing the best of luck for the rest of 2021 winners with their applications.
Congratulations!!!

Hello All,

My case was showing that "My fingerprint fee received" until today and it changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview", however I did not get any notice or an update related to biometrics. Don't we need to go to biometric before going for the interview. Does these updates from the USCIS system does not seems to be reliable? Thank you.
It isn't unusual for the FO to send out the IL prior to the NBC sending out the Bio notice. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process for one of 4 things that may happen when you show up for your interview as scheduled while your bio is still pending.

Our application reached it's final stop today and we received our GC in the mailbox. Oh boy, what a relief. I feel fortunate and blessed not only for being selected in DV2021, but also for coming across this amazing forum with it's caring members and moderators and the extensive information they made available to all of us. I'd like to thank the moderators of this forum -especially @Sm1smom - for the vast amount of information and free advice they made available. Without your support I'd not have a clue where to start and what to do. Also Wishing the best of luck for the rest of 2021 winners with their applications.
Great news. Congratulations.

Hi! I sent in my AOS package on the 25th of May and I am currently on F1/OPT status which expires in two months on the 26th of July. Looking at the timelines on the excel sheet it unlikely that I'll get an interview date before the end of my OPT period and hence I'll have to stop working on that date and wait for the interview.
My employer had applied for H1B for me this year and I got picked in the lottery. Do you think I can apply for H1B now so that I get Cap-Gap until October and be able to work while waiting for my DV Interview date? Am I allowed to change visa type while waiting on AOS?

Thank you!
You should discuss potential H1B Cap-Gap application with your employer and their lawyers. This forum is focused on DV process/applications.

Hi Sm1smom, looks like there are 2 more selectees in my situation, but mine is the longest one with 40 days.

As you suggested I decided to wait for 2 more weeks. This is the second week. I chatted with an USCIS Service Representative on live-chat and I was told that my case has not processed into the system as of yet. This makes me wonder a couple of things:

1. Is it worth trying to talk to an USCIS agent on the phone? Any chance of learning something more than the live-chat?

2. Considering USCIS process the applications chronologically and that my package arrived on May 4th, how is it possible not to process my application as of today, positive or negative? Is there any chance that my AOS package is lost and I am waiting for nothing? In that case don't you think waiting for 60 days is just a waste of time, maybe instead, I should resend another package?

3. Are there any legal consequences if a governmental authority loses a package including confidential information in it? You know anyone can do anything with that info (SSN, passport numbers, visa numbers, bank accounts, credit card info, etc) Oh God, I don't even want to think about it! Please say "it is not possible, the worst thing you will get is to be rejected!"

4. Is it possible to convince the doctor to resign the form without taking those blood and urine tests again? (considering in the US no-one gets tuberculosis) Or the forms should be signed by the dr within a specific time after the tests?

Please advise

Thanks
1. You can give it a shot (I guess it will make you feel like you're doing something). The truth is both the live-chat and phone agents see exactly the same thing. If your case hasn't been entered into the system by the Chicago Lockbox folks, neither of those agent will see anything regarding your application.
2. Maybe your file got assigned to someone who subsequently went on vacation or got some emergency preventing them from working and your case file wasn't subsequently re-assigned? Maybe the agent that signed for the form, upon delivery, took a while to forward the package to the central processing section? Yes, case files something get "stuck" in the system for some reason which we're not aware of (happens now and then), it is unfortunate when it happens to you. You can re-send another package at this point, if you like. Be prepared for the possibility of both packages been accepted and put into the system, should you decide to send in another package without the first one being rejected (your fee once cashed is non-refundable). Of course you can attempt to stop payment on the 2nd package if you get the acceptance notification about the 1st after you've sent in the 2nd package (and before it gets processed).
3. Legal consequences for lost packages by the government?:rolleyes: Maybe you should go talk to a lawyer.
4. You can't assume no-one gets TB in the US. Anyway the decision to re-sign the medical form with or without a new exam depends on the CS involved. They make the call on what they are willing or unwilling to do.

Thank you for the reply.
is this normal?
Forget about the CEAC, it is irrelevant for AOSers especially in a FY where there is absolutely no possibility of visas running out. Focus on going through and understanding the AOS process spreadsheet for all the guidance you need. Then post follow-up AOS related questions on this thread.

Hello everyone I hope you all are doing well. I have a question for @Sm1smom, and would appreciate if anyone else has the answer to my questions:

1-For my interview do I need to bring a mailed credit report and score? I have a pdf of my credit report and a screenshot of my score, would that be enough or does it need to be mailed?

2-Same question but for my W-2 form and a letter stating I worked legally on campus without the need for OPT nor CPT, I was sent a pdf file and was wondering if I should ask for a mailed version of them or not?

3- I have checked the spreadsheet for the 9 FAM 302.8 file. I looked everywhere and didn't find the part it says that DV applicants are not required to submit I-864, would you please direct me to where specifically it mentions that?

Thank you again for everything, and have a great week
1. Credit report/score is not required - those were part of the I-944 Self Sufficiency form which is no longer applicable in overcoming public charge perception. You can still take what you have with you of course, if taking those documents to your interview makes you feel better, even though they are not required.

2. PDF version is fine.

3. I previously directed you to the precise Tab/Section and Lines on the AOS spreadsheet (now highlighted below by the way). Not sure as to the additional information mention/information you're seeking
While the I864 is not applicable to DV based AOSers, all AOSers are still expected to be prepared to overcome public charge perception. This is fully converted on the AOS process spreadsheet. Take a look at the Interview Tips tab, Lines 23 to 27 deals with AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT.

I talked with an agent.
How did you manage to get to the agent if you don’t mind me asking? I tried but since I don’t have a receipt number, the automated system keep telling me to come back once I have the number so they can locate…would love to hear!

I lived in an Airbnb for a month as well but I didn’t bother myself to mention that part in my form.
Although you case is done and approved, you should have listed the Airbnb information on your I-485. The address history isn't about where one stayed "permanently"

Hello Mom and folks
I have question, I have been in USA for while got my Master's degree and got back home then I came back on F2 visa and been here for almost 4 yrs and get selected2021.I don't provide my previous i-20 ,is it gonna be fine with my I-485
I'm planning to bring all my I-20 with my when I get interviews