• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Case adjudication completion depends on several factors such as availability of an IO with DV based AOS application experience, the entire FO and specific IO’s workload, applicants background check clearance completion, KCC case file receipt, etc. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheets, both past and present years to see average processing time.
Sorry I am not clear about my question. I mean, at which point does it count as adjudication completion? Does her case start processing after her husband's green card has been approved? If her husband get his green card approved in September, and after that her case start processing (Bio schedule, interview schedule, etc.), doesn't it mean it will be too late? Thanks.

Sorry I am not clear about my question. I mean, at which point does it count as adjudication completion? Does her case start processing after her husband's green card has been approved? If her husband get his green card approved in September, and after that her case start processing (Bio schedule, interview schedule, etc.), doesn't it mean it will be too late? Thanks.
Yeah, you certainly weren’t clear with your previous question and you’re still mixing things up with the follow up questions.

Adjudication completion = equals the stage in which the case has been finalized (and which could either be an approval or a denial since adjudication doesn’t always mean a case has been approved).

The derivative’s case falling under a different FO doesn’t mean processing gets held up until the primary applicant’s case has been approved (like in a FTJ situation). Bio will progress as scheduled, it could even be before the main applicant’s bio as a matter of fact since bio appointments depends on the availability of the assigned ASC. The only part of the derivative’s process that gets held up will be the adjudication portion as the IO in that 2nd FO will need to wait for the primary applicant’s case file first before an applicable decision can be made.

By the way, you will be better advised and have an enhanced understanding of the process if you ask about your specific case.

Please let us know if you managed to get to an agent! I will also make sure to give updates!
I started with Emma first then ended up with a USCIS service representative on live-chat. The representative asked for receipt number or A number. I gave him/her/them my A number and explained my situation. I was told that all applications are processed differently, I shouldn't make comparisons and have to allow 60 days to get a response. Since the answer was not satisfying, I asked if they can at least tell me if my AOS package is rejected or not. this is what I was told: "It has not processed into the system as of yet."
I really don't know how to interpret this. I only know that my package has not been rejected yet. But I also know USCIS process the files chronologically based on receival dates. Today, it's been 40 days.

Hello All,

My case was showing that "My fingerprint fee received" until today and it changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview", however I did not get any notice or an update related to biometrics. Don't we need to go to biometric before going for the interview. Does these updates from the USCIS system does not seems to be reliable? Thank you.

Hello All,

My case was showing that "My fingerprint fee received" until today and it changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview", however I did not get any notice or an update related to biometrics. Don't we need to go to biometric before going for the interview. Does these updates from the USCIS system does not seems to be reliable? Thank you.
Is it possible that they are re-using fingerprints from a previous biometrics appointment?

Hello All,

Maybe you're one of those whose interview is scheduled before the biometrics! (we've had several cases like this in 2021 FY if you take a look at the timeline)

Also, I was not able to find you on the spreadsheet. It'll be nice if you add your info to the list :)

Maybe you're one of those whose interview is scheduled before the biometrics! (we've had several cases like this in 2021 FY if you take a look at the timeline)

Also, I was not able to find you on the spreadsheet. It'll be nice if you add your info to the list :)
Yes I would do that. I asked for the edit permission now.

My sponsor has send me his copy of Drivers License and signed form of I134 with last years W2.
Do i need his copy of citizenship for AOS package as well?

I started with Emma first then ended up with a USCIS service representative on live-chat. The representative asked for receipt number or A number. I gave him/her/them my A number and explained my situation. I was told that all applications are processed differently, I shouldn't make comparisons and have to allow 60 days to get a response. Since the answer was not satisfying, I asked if they can at least tell me if my AOS package is rejected or not. this is what I was told: "It has not processed into the system as of yet."
I really don't know how to interpret this. I only know that my package has not been rejected yet. But I also know USCIS process the files chronologically based on receival dates. Today, it's been 40 days.
I am in exactly the same situation including the responses from the representative on-live chat. I totally feel you.
Did you have any luck calling & reaching an agent?

I received the same response from live agent from EMMA.

Hi, congrats to all people that already got their welcome letters/green cards!

I have a question, more just to feel calm...

1. Do I need to add a hotel address where I've been leaving for 2 weeks under "Part 3. Address History | Physical Address 2", common sense says "of course no, it is not residential address", but because of that two weeks gap between I arrived and moved in into my current rental apartment (Physical Address 1) I'm scary to don't mention it, and there is not too much time left before Sep 30, so I decided to don't afraid to look stupid again here and ask your opinion on this question.

2. Recent Immigration History 22.a has a blank input, what should I write there for my son/wife (they are under L2)

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Our application reached it's final stop today and we received our GC in the mailbox. Oh boy, what a relief. I feel fortunate and blessed not only for being selected in DV2021, but also for coming across this amazing forum with it's caring members and moderators and the extensive information they made available to all of us. I'd like to thank the moderators of this forum -especially @Sm1smom - for the vast amount of information and free advice they made available. Without your support I'd not have a clue where to start and what to do. Also Wishing the best of luck for the rest of 2021 winners with their applications.

Hi, congrats to all people that already got their welcome letters/green cards!

I have a question, more just to feel calm...

1. Do I need to add a hotel address where I've been leaving for 2 weeks under "Part 3. Address History | Physical Address 2", common sense says "of course no, it is not residential address", but because of that two weeks gap between I arrived and moved in into my current rental apartment (Physical Address 1) I'm scary to don't mention it, and there is not too much time left before Sep 30, so I decided to don't afraid to look stupid again here and ask your opinion on this question.

2. Recent Immigration History 22.a has a blank input, what should I write there for my son/wife (they are under L2)

Thanks a lot!
1- I don't think it would be necessary to mention it. everyone has a gap between the time they enter the country and the time they establish a physical address. It was the same in my case and I didn't mention it, and it turned out ok.

I am in exactly the same situation including the responses from the representative on-live chat. I totally feel you.
Did you have any luck calling & reaching an agent?
Since my AOS application has not processed into the system, I thought there is no use calling USCIS. Do you think calling will make a difference?