• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Our application reached it's final stop today and we received our GC in the mailbox. Oh boy, what a relief. I feel fortunate and blessed not only for being selected in DV2021, but also for coming across this amazing forum with it's caring members and moderators and the extensive information they made available to all of us. I'd like to thank the moderators of this forum -especially @Sm1smom - for the vast amount of information and free advice they made available. Without your support I'd not have a clue where to start and what to do. Also Wishing the best of luck for the rest of 2021 winners with their applications.
Congratulations!!!

Our application reached it's final stop today and we received our GC in the mailbox. Oh boy, what a relief. I feel fortunate and blessed not only for being selected in DV2021, but also for coming across this amazing forum with it's caring members and moderators and the extensive information they made available to all of us. I'd like to thank the moderators of this forum -especially @Sm1smom - for the vast amount of information and free advice they made available. Without your support I'd not have a clue where to start and what to do. Also Wishing the best of luck for the rest of 2021 winners with their applications.
So happy for you,,,congratulations

Congrats! Looks like we will need those nice wishes/prayers/positive thinking a lot!

Congratulations!

Congrats

Congrats my friend.
Looks like USCIS folks in FL have more available appointments! haha
(Another selectee also updated their timeline on 6/12. They also got the bio notice; and they're in Orlando)
:)

(It'll be nice if you update the timeline as well)
Haha, thank you.. I guess we are just lucky although I initially thought that Florida might not be a good state for immigration processing since it's slowly becoming more republican and my FO and congressman will most likely be "not pro-immigration". Maybe it's just my stupid assumption anyway. But things are going smoothly so far!

I'm gonna go ahead and fill out my timeline on the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Hi mom,
I know that these questions are being asked so many times.
My number become current this month and I haven't received any email for a confirmation for AOS.
I already send the DV payment and it arrived on June 10th.
Should I wait for the DV receipt or start the medical documents?

Hi! I sent in my AOS package on the 25th of May and I am currently on F1/OPT status which expires in two months on the 26th of July. Looking at the timelines on the excel sheet it unlikely that I'll get an interview date before the end of my OPT period and hence I'll have to stop working on that date and wait for the interview.
My employer had applied for H1B for me this year and I got picked in the lottery. Do you think I can apply for H1B now so that I get Cap-Gap until October and be able to work while waiting for my DV Interview date? Am I allowed to change visa type while waiting on AOS?

Thank you!

Hi mom,
I know that these questions are being asked so many times.
My number become current this month and I haven't received any email for a confirmation for AOS.
I already send the DV payment and it arrived on June 10th.
Should I wait for the DV receipt or start the medical documents?
(If I may mom) What do you mean by "a confirmation for AOS"? Are you referring to NOA or are you referring to 2NL? Have you sent your AOS package? If not, (there are more info on FAQ tab of the spreadsheet but) you don't need to include 2NL. Do your medical and prepare your package if you have not already.

Congrats my friend.
Looks like USCIS folks in FL have more available appointments! haha
(Another selectee also updated their timeline on 6/12. They also got the bio notice; and they're in Orlando)
:)

(It'll be nice if you update the timeline as well)

Interesting, I saw some fast biometric appointment recently from NJ and FL.

Does anyone know how our files are being assigned to officers? Do you think there is a state based classification method?

Interesting, I saw some fast biometric appointment recently from NJ and FL.

Does anyone know how our files are being assigned to officers? Do you think there is a state based classification method?
All I read is that DV cases are checked again in NBC (for any deficiency or whatever) and sent to FOs very quickly!
FOs usually schedule the interviews for these DV cases out of their ordinary system (somehow in an expedited manner)
However, biometrics are scheduled by NBC itself (I think based on the availability in ASCs)
Not sure if USCIS has any instruction in place for expediting DV based AOS biometrics!
@Sm1smom may correct me if I’m missing something!

Haha, thank you.. I guess we are just lucky although I initially thought that Florida might not be a good state for immigration processing since it's slowly becoming more republican and my FO and congressman will most likely be "not pro-immigration". Maybe it's just my stupid assumption anyway. But things are going smoothly so far!

I'm gonna go ahead and fill out my timeline on the spreadsheet.
The people staffing the uscis offices work for the federal government, and are long term employees there regardless of administration. They have a job to do regardless of politics.