• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello Mom and folks
I have question, I have been in USA for while got my Master's degree and got back home then I came back on F2 visa and been here for almost 4 yrs and get selected2021.I don't provide my previous i-20 ,is it gonna be fine with my I-485
I'm planning to bring all my I-20 with my when I get interviews
Not a problem as long as you have them and can readily provide them when you go for your interview if they ask for them.

You should discuss potential H1B Cap-Gap application with your employer and their lawyers. This forum is focused on DV process/applications.
Oh! I am sorry I was unclear! I am talking about my DV AOS and was wondering if the H1B application would pose a problem in my DV application.

I had my interview this morning, they were unable to make a decision as my biometrics hadn't been taken (previously wrote on the blog about this) but otherwise I think it went well. I thought they were going to try and get me in for the biometrics today, the case officer made a call and sent an email but it didn't end up happening. He let me know that he is unable to make any decisions on the case until the biometrics results are back, which makes sense... he also said I would receive an appointment notification via mail when my bio appointment was scheduled. I asked how long they anticipated this taking and if I should call to check on the status if I haven't received it in 2-weeks. His response was that you are able to follow up after 30-days. I am hopeful that it arrives quickly. @Sm1smom do you think I should send a follow-up if I haven't received anything after two weeks?

Oh! I am sorry I was unclear! I am talking about my DV AOS and was wondering if the H1B application would pose a problem in my DV application.

You actually did ask if you could apply for a H1B Cap-Gap to ensure you keep working from July 26th when your current status expires and Oct 1st when your H1B selection becomes active for the new FY, hence my response about talking to your employer and their lawyers.

H1B is a dual intent visa/status, it will not impact the DV process.

I had my interview this morning, they were unable to make a decision as my biometrics hadn't been taken (previously wrote on the blog about this) but otherwise I think it went well. I thought they were going to try and get me in for the biometrics today, the case officer made a call and sent an email but it didn't end up happening. He let me know that he is unable to make any decisions on the case until the biometrics results are back, which makes sense... he also said I would receive an appointment notification via mail when my bio appointment was scheduled. I asked how long they anticipated this taking and if I should call to check on the status if I haven't received it in 2-weeks. His response was that you are able to follow up after 30-days. I am hopeful that it arrives quickly. @Sm1smom do you think I should send a follow-up if I haven't received anything after two weeks?

I moved your post from the 2020 AOS thread, not sure why you decided to post on that thread.

I think you should just be patient for the bio notice for now.

1. You can give it a shot (I guess it will make you feel like you're doing something). The truth is both the live-chat and phone agents see exactly the same thing. If your case hasn't been entered into the system by the Chicago Lockbox folks, neither of those agent will see anything regarding your application.
2. Maybe your file got assigned to someone who subsequently went on vacation or got some emergency preventing them from working and your case file wasn't subsequently re-assigned? Maybe the agent that signed for the form, upon delivery, took a while to forward the package to the central processing section? Yes, case files something get "stuck" in the system for some reason which we're not aware of (happens now and then), it is unfortunate when it happens to you. You can re-send another package at this point, if you like. Be prepared for the possibility of both packages been accepted and put into the system, should you decide to send in another package without the first one being rejected (your fee once cashed is non-refundable). Of course you can attempt to stop payment on the 2nd package if you get the acceptance notification about the 1st after you've sent in the 2nd package (and before it gets processed).
3. Legal consequences for lost packages by the government?:rolleyes: Maybe you should go talk to a lawyer.
4. You can't assume no-one gets TB in the US. Anyway the decision to re-sign the medical form with or without a new exam depends on the CS involved. They make the call on what they are willing or unwilling to do.
Thank you! I really appreciate what you are doing here. Without your guidance I would be lost by now.
2. Let's say that happened and my file got stuck in the system! My inquiry at Lockbox support requires some kind of investigation. This should make things going, right?
3. So, you have heard stories about USCIS losing the packages, I guess.

Thank you! I really appreciate what you are doing here. Without your guidance I would be lost by now.
2. Let's say that happened and my file got stuck in the system! My inquiry at Lockbox support requires some kind of investigation. This should make things going, right?
3. So, you have heard stories about USCIS losing the packages, I guess.
Yeah, that's the whole idea behind the follow up.

How did you manage to get to the agent if you don’t mind me asking? I tried but since I don’t have a receipt number, the automated system keep telling me to come back once I have the number so they can locate…would love to hear!
you can type "live agent" and then click "Technical difficulties" and it will try to connect with live agent