• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Extremely valid points. Guess we'll just have to wait till the August (or possibly September) VB to be able to know anything abt DV2021.
The EOs are just adding to ones already existing anxiety due to a high Asia CN :D

Thank you both for replying though ^_^

hi Mom. I have a question about AOS package. what is deferent between I-508 and I-508F? and should I have need that form? I am E2 VISA from JAPAN.

one more things, we don't have PID. what should I do?

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2020-06-27 8.40.46.png
    スクリーンショット 2020-06-27 8.40.46.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
hi Mom. I have a question about AOS package. what is deferent between I-508 and I-508F? and should I have need that form? I am E2 VISA from JAPAN.

I think an I-508F is now obsolete, I no longer see it on USCIS’s website.
Form I-508:
“Use this form to waive certain diplomatic rights privileges, exemptions, and immunities associated with your occupational status (including any exemption from paying U.S. income taxes on the salaries paid to you by your foreign governments or organizations) if you are a non-U.S citizen working for a foreign government mission or international organization and are a:

Nonimmigrant in A, G, or E status and you are adjusting your status to become a permanent resident”

It should.
Following the AOS applicants question, for DV2021.
When is the good time to submit AOS application package when your case number in the allocation cut-off number?
Can we submit AOS package before allocation cut-off? or need to wait unit ur number in the cut-off?

Following the AOS applicants question, for DV2021.
When is the good time to submit AOS application package when your case number in the allocation cut-off number?
Can we submit AOS package before allocation cut-off? or need to wait unit ur number in the cut-off?

It is all explained in the AOS spreadsheet.

I think an I-508F is now obsolete, I no longer see it on USCIS’s website.”
Yes, it was combined with the I-508 last year:
"Previously, French nationals were required to submit both Form I-508 and Form I-508F to USCIS. The 11/08/19 form edition combines information from both forms. Therefore, French nationals will now only be required to submit Form I-508."

I need practical advice.

The Form I-693 must be dated no earlier than 60 days before you filed your underlying application.
How long does it usually take to get an appointment with the doctor? Should I simply wait till the Visa Bulletin has my number (about 50 days before the CN becomes current) and only after that contact a doctor for an appointment or will this be too late?

I have had an experience when the doctor's next available appointment is in 4 months, that is why I wanted to understand when is the best time to schedule an appointment which would be neither too early or nor too late.

My CN is EU28***

I need practical advice.

The Form I-693 must be dated no earlier than 60 days before you filed your underlying application.
How long does it usually take to get an appointment with the doctor? Should I simply wait till the Visa Bulletin has my number (about 50 days before the CN becomes current) and only after that contact a doctor for an appointment or will this be too late?

I have had an experience when the doctor's next available appointment is in 4 months, that is why I wanted to understand when is the best time to schedule an appointment which would be neither too early or nor too late.

My CN is EU28***

You wait and watch VB progress, then get your timing based on expected current date.

Hi, I am a F2 visa holder, currently living in USA. My wife (F1) got selected to further processing of DV in Asia region with high CN in FY 2021.

1) I am planning doing masters in spring 2021 so I have to go to my country probably October or November (2020) to change visa from F2 to F1. If visa get rejected will it be affected for the processing of DV lottery?

2) I have heard that going out of USA will be affected for the processing of DV. Is there any specific time period ( For Example - 3 months) that we should not go out of USA?

3) Is there any positive or negative impact on high CN due to COVID pandemic?

Thank you.

Hi, I am a F2 visa holder, currently living in USA. My wife (F1) got selected to further processing of DV in Asia region with high CN in FY 2021.

1) I am planning doing masters in spring 2021 so I have to go to my country probably October or November (2020) to change visa from F2 to F1. If visa get rejected will it be affected for the processing of DV lottery?

2) I have heard that going out of USA will be affected for the processing of DV. Is there any specific time period ( For Example - 3 months) that we should not go out of USA?

3) Is there any positive or negative impact on high CN due to COVID pandemic?

Thank you.

1&2. You should hopefully be fine if processing CP. If processing AOS, be aware coming into the US with a preconceived intent of filing AOS is considered a fraudulent misuse of a NIV. This is more applicable in your case since you’re applying for a new type of visa to enable you return to the US, unless of course you disclose upfront during your visa interview you plan on filing AOS when you return to the US (knowing that disclosure will most likely lead to the F1 visa denial since F1 requires one to not have an immigrant intent talkless of filing AOS).

2. One would need a crystal ball to be able to accurately answer this.

I am not trying to sound like a fear monger but does anyone have any idea if AOS process is coming to halt just like it is for current CP filers up until at least Dec 31,2020? I heard some rumors about it online although I don't have a specific link to it.
Thanks!

I am not trying to sound like a fear monger but does anyone have any idea if AOS process is coming to halt just like it is for current CP filers up until at least Dec 31,2020? I heard some rumors about it online although I don't have a specific link to it.
Thanks!
If you go look at the dv2020 AOS thread you’ll see people are currently being approved /scheduled for interviews. The proclamation specifically only applies to those outside the US.

Can I pay the DV lottery fee without applying the DS-160? How? I won the DV lottery with AS16500 so I'm not sure if I can get the visa. I don't feel good to apply for the DS-260 because it shows my intension for immigration and might affect negatively for any future visa application if I did not get the green card by the DV.

Can I pay the DV lottery fee without applying the DS-160? How? I won the DV lottery with AS16500 so I'm not sure if I can get the visa. I don't feel good to apply for the DS-260 because it shows my intension for immigration and might affect negatively for any future visa application if I did not get the green card by the DV.
Yes you can, but paying the fee is still showing immigrant intent. There’s no rush to do either of those things, so suggest you rather wait to see how the visa bulletins go next year before deciding when to proceed (or not).

Good evening guys,
i would like to learn more about the fraudulent misuse of a non immigration visa.

I am currently in the US on an E2 visa expiring in April 2021, my I94 expires this December.
So, no matter what, I have to re-enter country to get a new I94 this year.

My plan was to do, but it seems like this would fall under the fraud. And because its not AOS through marriage there is also no 30 day rule, it would be fraud at any time, since the DV selectness are already announced, right?

I read, in here that I would be able to file CP to avoid that, but I don't get why.
Let's say (not considering any ban or travel restrictions) I leave the US today, come back tomorrow, get a new I94 for 2 years and then file my DS260.
Where is the difference and why would this not be fraud? Can't they still argue I came to the US with an immigration intent?

Good evening guys,
i would like to learn more about the fraudulent misuse of a non immigration visa.

I am currently in the US on an E2 visa expiring in April 2021, my I94 expires this December.
So, no matter what, I have to re-enter country to get a new I94 this year.

My plan was to do, but it seems like this would fall under the fraud. And because its not AOS through marriage there is also no 30 day rule, it would be fraud at any time, since the DV selectness are already announced, right?

I read, in here that I would be able to file CP to avoid that, but I don't get why.
Let's say (not considering any ban or travel restrictions) I leave the US today, come back tomorrow, get a new I94 for 2 years and then file my DS260.
Where is the difference and why would this not be fraud? Can't they still argue I came to the US with an immigration intent?

There’s no fraudulent misuse of a NIV at play if after entering the US on a NIV you subsequently fill out the DS260 form and return to your home country to process CP. The fraudulent misuse of a NIV comes into play when you enter the US on a NIV with a preconceived intent of filing AOS. Declaring an immigrant intent after obtaining a NIV is not the issue, the process through which you plan on obtaining the IV is what may or may not constitute a fraudulent misuse of a NIV.

Hello!

I currently have following two people who are willing to sponsor me with my DV 2021 application:
A) My cousin brother who's a naturalized US citizen and is currently working at an IT company at CA.
B) A very good friend of mine, my past US college academic advisor, who is from here (US born).

Over the past two years my cousin brother has sponsored 3 people: his mom and dad (both have GC now) and his brother-in-law in DV 2020 application. So this has lead me to ask following questions:
1. Under this circumstances, is it still advisable for me to continue with him as my sponsor?
2. Does having a sponsor who has sponsored multiple people weaken/affect(-ve) my application?

On the other hand, my friend i.e option 'B' has sponsored none but had received unemployment benefits from the US government like 20 years ago.
3. Is it recommendable to continue my application with him instead?

4. Lastly, after my sponsor fills the form I-134, do they submit it themselves or am I supposed to do it myself?

Thanks!