• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello Mom!
As I will have my SEVIS/(F-1 Status) transferred to my new school on Aug 2020, I am planning to file the DS-260 form only after that point i.e. (once I get my new I-20). I aim to do this just to be on a safer side because I don't want USCIS to give me any sort trouble if they find my multiple applications. Having said that, would it be okay if I file DS-260 after Aug 10,2020? BTW, my case# is AS2021----36XX and I will be processing through AOS.
Thank you! I recently found your you-tube channel and it seems very helpful.

Thank you Mom for your helpful advices. I have more questions:
1) I have i-129S and copy of i-797 (approval notice for the blanket petition) since my visa type is L1B blanket. Do I need submit all these forms to my AoS package?
2) In additional to i-129S form, I have Company letter described my job duties and this one is a different from Employer letter which I also have. Do I need sumbit the Company letter to my AoS package?
3) It seems, my i-797 'Approval notice for the blanket petition' is a different from the form i-797 'Indicating Current Visa Status ' mentioned in the spreadsheet. Do I need to use Receipt Number and Receipt Date of my petition in I-485, Section 'Information About Your Immigrant Category' pp. 12 and 13?

Thanks for the answer. One more question.

If I understand correctly KCC cannot schedule any interviews before the end of the Ban. Does this also mean that KCC will not send out any 2NLs before December 31 to AOS applicants?

If this is correct and we will not get 2NL, what are the benefits of filing DS-260 for AOS applicants?

I know it might still be early to answer this question, but it would be good to know your insight.

If I understand correctly KCC cannot schedule any interviews before the end of the Ban. Does this also mean that KCC will not send out any 2NLs before December 31 to AOS applicants?

If this is correct and we will not get 2NL, what are the benefits of filing DS-260 for AOS applicants?

I know it might still be early to answer this question, but it would be good to know your insight.

I've filled DS-260 before reading the information here, but the confirmation page says that KCC does not schedule interviews at all. You have to contact USCIS yourself and schedule it.

I've filled DS-260 before reading the information here, but the confirmation page says that KCC does not schedule interviews at all. You have to contact USCIS yourself and schedule it.

I should have specified, sorry for the confusion. I meant if KCC does not schedule interviews for CPs, will they proceed with any DS-260 at all. E.g. review DS260 and send out 2NLs to AOSers?

And if you’ve read the AOS spreadsheet you’d know that’s not quite true either.

And if you’ve read the AOS spreadsheet you’d know that’s not quite true either.
Yes, I saw that, however I'm only quoting what's written in the DS-260 confirmation page.

This is what's written in the confirmation page (copy-paste):
All Diversity Visa applicants must:
1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
3. Contact your local USCIS Field Office for further information about booking an appointment.
You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application
and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule
your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an
appointment.

Yes, I saw that, however I'm only quoting what's written in the DS-260 confirmation page.

This is what's written in the confirmation page (copy-paste):
Yup. Which is why people come here for accurate information. Of course you’re welcome to contact uscis too, you’ll just be told that you’ll be scheduled when they get your AOS package. Again there is that disconnect between what DOS (includes KCC) thinks happens in AOS, and what actually happens.

Hello Mom!
As I will have my SEVIS/(F-1 Status) transferred to my new school on Aug 2020, I am planning to file the DS-260 form only after that point i.e. (once I get my new I-20). I aim to do this just to be on a safer side because I don't want USCIS to give me any sort trouble if they find my multiple applications. Having said that, would it be okay if I file DS-260 after Aug 10,2020? BTW, my case# is AS2021----36XX and I will be processing through AOS.
Thank you! I recently found your you-tube channel and it seems very helpful.

You have plenty of time to file your DS260 after your move.

p.s. you’re probably referring to Simon’s YouTube channel, I definitely don’t have one.

Thank you Mom for your helpful advices. I have more questions:
1) I have i-129S and copy of i-797 (approval notice for the blanket petition) since my visa type is L1B blanket. Do I need submit all these forms to my AoS package?
2) In additional to i-129S form, I have Company letter described my job duties and this one is a different from Employer letter which I also have. Do I need sumbit the Company letter to my AoS package?
3) It seems, my i-797 'Approval notice for the blanket petition' is a different from the form i-797 'Indicating Current Visa Status ' mentioned in the spreadsheet. Do I need to use Receipt Number and Receipt Date of my petition in I-485, Section 'Information About Your Immigrant Category' pp. 12 and 13?

1. I797 is enough
2. Please use your discretion
3. Not applicable. There’s no underlying petition number for DV based AOS.

1. We have no way of knowing what KCC will or will not do while the ban is in place. This is an unusual situation.
2. DS260 form submission informs KCC of your plan to process AOS (yes, simply paying the DV administrative fee without DS260 submission may achieve the same purpose).

With the immigration ban extension, will the monthly visa bulletin still update the allocation cut-off number for AOS applicants?

Thanks a lot. Three more questions.

1. I am an F-1 student and have a visa until June 2022. Will I continue receiving my stipend after submitting DS260 or AOS? Is there any special document I need to file to continue receiving my stipend and keep my student status before the interview and confirmation of the green card?

2. Should I notify my university that I am starting an AOS or I should wait and inform them only after getting the green card?

1. Is there any paid service provided by the moderators or the owner of this forum for AOS through DV. I want someone specialized in the DV lottery to go through my application package and check if I have filed everything correctly and have all the supporting documents needed? I have gone through the spreadsheet and I think I can file everything myself, but given the high stake, I would like to be on the safe side.

Thanks a lot. Three more questions.

1. I am an F-1 student and have a visa until June 2022. Will I continue receiving my stipend after submitting DS260 or AOS? Is there any special document I need to file to continue receiving my stipend and keep my student status before the interview and confirmation of the green card?

2. Should I notify my university that I am starting an AOS or I should wait and inform them only after getting the green card?

1. Is there any paid service provided by the moderators or the owner of this forum for AOS through DV. I want someone specialized in the DV lottery to go through my application package and check if I have filed everything correctly and have all the supporting documents needed? I have gone through the spreadsheet and I think I can file everything myself, but given the high stake, I would like to be on the safe side.
1. No you don't need to file any special document. But you must maintain you F1 student status (the usual regulations you are already following)
2. Don't notify you school until you receive your GC because if they understand you in incorrect way they will remove you from SEVIS system so you will loose your F1 status.
3. You don't need a paid service. The information listed in the spreadsheet(mom's) is more than enough to get you through this (If you look at the timeline tab on spreadsheet you will see how many people successfully received the GC). Plus you can always post any question at anytime, someone will give you the answer.

Hello everyone,

I've read all the info in spreadsheet and ucsis site re time of filling AOS package and it's not clear to me the following:

Site ucsis: As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated. This gives USCIS additional time to determine your eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year.

Spreadsheet: your package to be received on the first day of the month for which your CN is current.

I didn't find any info about early filling memo on ucsis site? How could it be that site doesn't say anything about it?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I've read all the info in spreadsheet and ucsis site re time of filling AOS package and it's not clear to me the following:

Site ucsis: As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated. This gives USCIS additional time to determine your eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year.

Spreadsheet: your package to be received on the first day of the month for which your CN is current.

I didn't find any info about early filling memo on ucsis site? How could it be that site doesn't say anything about it?

Thanks

What you quoted from the USCIS’s website says what the early filing memo says without the use of the word “memo”

@Sm1smom, @Britsimon and @SusieQQQ
With the ban in place during the first 3 months of the 2021 FY, do you guys think that its a possibility that they'll set one (or more) region to current during the beginning of the FY just so that any selectees who could actually start processing their paperwork (mainly AOS and those not affected by the ban) instead of having the entire process at a halt?

There's no way to predict this for sure of course, I'm just wondering if it's actually possible.

@Sm1smom, @Britsimon and @SusieQQQ
With the ban in place during the first 3 months of the 2021 FY, do you guys think that its a possibility that they'll set one (or more) region to current during the beginning of the FY just so that any selectees who could actually start processing their paperwork (mainly AOS and those not affected by the ban) instead of having the entire process at a halt?

There's no way to predict this for sure of course, I'm just wondering if it's actually possible.

No, they most likely will not do that. Even USCIS has to contend with capacity and workload issues.

I agree with mom. Also AOS is such a small part of DV that the headache of having to severely retrogress PDs after that, especially in a possible situation where an EO change is only known a couple of days before it takes effect but the VB is published 6 weeks ahead for DV, is going to be incredibly difficult to navigate.