• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Just though id share this- when i sent the package - to be on the safe side...i sent a copy of the USCIS website stating about early filling- again it depends i guess

Yes indeed, the inclusion while recommended does not guarantee there wouldn't be aN early filing hiccup down the road. I believe one of the cases I linked to in my above post actually included the early filing memo and it didn't make any difference. It all depends.

Again, not trying to scare anyone or get people agitated, I wouldn't be fair to you guys if I don't point out the 1% to 2% chance of facing a rejection or denial due to early filing

Hello,

I am an student on an F-1 Visa, and was advised to wait 90 days (came back to the US around January 15th) before applying for my AOS even if my number becomes current (I traveled back to my homecountry for the holidays). Can I send the DS-260 right now, or should I also wait for the 90 days? My case number is current for April.

Thanks a lot!
If you were already residing in the US when you found our about your DV selection and had only temporarily left the US for the holidays, (hence the re-entry on Jan. 15th), you don't have to wait for 90 days.

Hi all,
My case number is current on May(AS**4700) Iran and I will send my package in May. My passport that I am going to put copy of it in the package will expire on MAY 11. For some reasons it is unlikely that I will be able to renew it by the time I send my package. Is this something that I should worry about? I would get my passport by interview day tho

Hi all,
My case number is current on May(AS**4700) Iran and I will send my package in May. My passport that I am going to put copy of it in the package will expire on MAY 11. For some reasons it is unlikely that I will be able to renew it by the time I send my package. Is this something that I should worry about? I would get my passport by interview day tho
Not a problem. Just make sure you have the old passport, or a copy of it when you go for your interview.

I got a call back from a tier 2 agent yesterday. He said that my application is still not ready to be scheduled for an interview, and there is nothing I can do besides waiting for the interview notification. He also said that my application should be adjudicated by September (they are aware of the deadline for DV bases AOS). It has been a long wait and I do not know how long it is going to take.
Just an update: I received the interview letters today. I am not sure if the call from the tier 2 agent triggered setting up our appointment. However, there is no update on my online case status. It is still "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken."

Just an update: I received the interview letters today. I am not sure if the call from the tier 2 agent triggered setting up our appointment. However, there is no update on my online case status. It is still "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken."

Can you see when the letter was sent or created? Maybe it gives an idea if tier 2 call had an impact on it.

I currently work in the US on a H1B visa.

I plan on submitting my DS 260 for DV 2021 this week.

I have some upcoming travel outside the US in April,May, June - will the submission of my DS 260 cause an issue for re-entry when using my H1B visa?

I have some upcoming travel outside the US in April,May, June - will the submission of my DS 260 cause an issue for re-entry when using my H1B visa?

Can you leave the US during AOS? It's a genuine question because I thought you couldn't without AP.

EDIT: I just realized that you are only submitting your DS260, so you haven't filed yet and my question does not apply to that. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Can you leave the US during AOS? It's a genuine question because I thought you couldn't without AP.

EDIT: I just realized that you are only submitting your DS260, so you haven't filed yet and my question does not apply to that. Sorry about that.
You don’t need AP if you have a dual intent visa, which H1B is.

1. Form I-944 is no longer required.
2. Do you have have a significant amount of savings? Do you have a job offer? Getting an I-134 is typically the best way of overcoming public charge concerns.
3. What matters is for the document to be clear and legible (and don’t print/copy double sided).
Thanks for replying. I don't know how much is significant amount of saving but I do hold some savings.
Can I include personal investment account with my bank account to show my savings?

Also, I have a question that doesn't relate to this one.
I just paid my DV administrative fee. On the money order, I wrote payable to "U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program". Is that correct? I didn't see anything on the website saying payable to whom so I just assume this is the right one.

It shouldn’t. You however need to be aware of the fact that only a USC is guaranteed of an admission into the US at any point in time. For any other person, it is at the discretion of US border patrol.

Thanks for replying. I don't know how much is significant amount of saving but I do hold some savings.
Can I include personal investment account with my bank account to show my savings?

Also, I have a question that doesn't relate to this one.
I just paid my DV administrative fee. On the money order, I wrote payable to "U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program". Is that correct? I didn't see anything on the website saying payable to whom so I just assume this is the right one.
What constitutes a “significant amount of savings” is subjective. You may if you like, I don’t know if the IO will take that into consideration or not.

AFAIK, payable should have been U.S. Department of State - I don’t know if you’ll run into issues based on the way the MO was addressed.