• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Do we need to submit personal bank statements and other finiancial documents if we have a sponsor/i134. I am asking because I really don’t have much in my savings as I am a full time student and not working.

Thanks for replying. I don't know how much is significant amount of saving but I do hold some savings.
Can I include personal investment account with my bank account to show my savings?

Also, I have a question that doesn't relate to this one.
I just paid my DV administrative fee. On the money order, I wrote payable to "U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program". Is that correct? I didn't see anything on the website saying payable to whom so I just assume this is the right one.

I also addressed my cashier's check that way. After a quick Google search, I found many websites where they tell you to address it to the "U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program."

Do we need to submit personal bank statements and other finiancial documents if we have a sponsor/i134. I am asking because I really don’t have much in my savings as I am a full time student and not working.
There’s no need submitting them if their addition cannot be used to positively support your application.

while filling the new i485, if i got a speeding citation 6 years ago in the US, do I need to mark 'yes' to the question which states - 'have you ever been arrested, cited, charged or detained by any law enforcement official'?

while filling the new i485, if i got a speeding citation 6 years ago in the US, do I need to mark 'yes' to the question which states - 'have you ever been arrested, cited, charged or detained by any law enforcement official'?
Have you ever means just that - ever. No matter how long ago.

hi, hope you all are doing well

i sent email to kcc asking to change my case from CP to AOS. and kcc replied to me "KCC has received your request. Your adjustment of status receipt was sent to your current postal address"

i was confused what is adjustment of status receipt?

thank you so much

hi, hope you all are doing well

i sent email to kcc asking to change my case from CP to AOS. and kcc replied to me "KCC has received your request. Your adjustment of status receipt was sent to your current postal address"

i was confused what is adjustment of status receipt?

thank you so much
Your DV fee payment receipt.

Hi @Sm1smom,

What kinds of documents should we provide for I-131?

1- I know we should add 2 more passport photos for I-131, but what else?
Do we have to duplicate the passport, visa page copies, etc for I-131? I mean we already include all these documents for the I-485 form, do we need to prepare everything for I-131 as well?

2- On I-131 form, Part 7 (page 4), it says: "On a separate sheet of paper, explain how you qualify for an Advance Parole...."
How do we qualify? Do we have to do something about this question?

As always, thank you for your help.

Hi @Sm1smom,

What kinds of documents should we provide for I-131?

1- I know we should add 2 more passport photos for I-131, but what else?
Do we have to duplicate the passport, visa page copies, etc for I-131? I mean we already include all these documents for the I-485 form, do we need to prepare everything for I-131 as well?

2- On I-131 form, Part 7 (page 4), it says: "On a separate sheet of paper, explain how you qualify for an Advance Parole...."
How do we qualify? Do we have to do something about this question?

As always, thank you for your help.
1. Please read the form instructions for the I-131 for further guidance on the required documents. Each form you’re submitting must be accompanied by its own set of required documents regardless of if the same set of documents have already been included for some other form.
2. You qualify to apply on the basis of a pending AOS application.

Hi, Do you think it's absolutely necessary to include High School Diploma even if you have an M.S. degree from a university in the US?

In my country, the typical practice 20 years ago was that you hand over your High School Diploma to the university you get accepted into. I am not sure if I would ever be able to get a copy of it.

Hi, Do you think it's absolutely necessary to include High School Diploma even if you have an M.S. degree from a university in the US?

In my country, the typical practice 20 years ago was that you hand over your High School Diploma to the university you get accepted into. I am not sure if I would ever be able to get a copy of it.

Yes, I think you have to include it. I'm not sure if there are exceptions to this rule. But I had the same conversation with my attorney (I am finishing my second master's degree) and she asked me to get a copy of my diploma.

Reactions: 979
1. Please read the form instructions for the I-131 for further guidance on the required documents. Each form you’re submitting must be accompanied by its own set of required documents regardless of if the same set of documents have already been included for some other form.
2. You qualify to apply on the basis of a pending AOS application.
Thank you, I am glad that I asked this question. Otherwise, I would have sent only the I-131 form.

Last question:
I do not have any evidence for my travel reason and date as it is "TBD". I add a note on the application "To visit family"
Do we have to provide evidence for the purpose of parole? If so, what document can I show?

Thank you, I am glad that I asked this question. Otherwise, I would have sent only the I-131 form.

Last question:
I do not have any evidence for my travel reason and date as it is "TBD". I add a note on the application "To visit family"
Do we have to provide evidence for the purpose of parole? If so, what document can I show?
Travel evidence is not required.

My number is not yet current, but I've decided to get started on the steps that I can do before my number is current. Specifically:
1. Submit DS-260
2. Pay DV administrative fee ($330) to the DOS

A couple of questions:
1. Does the order matter between when I do the step to submit the DS-260 and the step to pay the $330 DV administrative fee? Do these steps depend on each other in any way?
2. On the spreadsheet, the step "DV Administrative Fee Form" links to a USCIS page with instructions to pay the $330 fee by mail using a money order or cashier's check. Can I pay that fee online instead of by mail? It seems like maybe you can, because the website where you submit the DS-260 online also has an option you can click called "Fee Payment".

Thanks in advance!

My number is not yet current, but I've decided to get started on the steps that I can do before my number is current. Specifically:
1. Submit DS-260
2. Pay DV administrative fee ($330) to the DOS

A couple of questions:
1. Does the order matter between when I do the step to submit the DS-260 and the step to pay the $330 DV administrative fee? Do these steps depend on each other in any way?
2. On the spreadsheet, the step "DV Administrative Fee Form" links to a USCIS page with instructions to pay the $330 fee by mail using a money order or cashier's check. Can I pay that fee online instead of by mail? It seems like maybe you can, because the website where you submit the DS-260 online also has an option you can click called "Fee Payment".

Thanks in advance!
1. The order doesn’t matter at this point.
2. No, the DV administrative fee payment cannot be made online. Form DS260 is used for several other immigrant visa applications which allows for online payment at a certain point in time in the process, DV is not one of those.

We finally received our green cards, so I'd like share our experience here. Thanks for all the information shared by the users and administrators in this forum. They really helped us during the documents preparation and relieved the stresses while we were waiting for the interview scheduled.

We sent out our 485 application just before last Christmas and got the receipt a couple of weeks later. Our interview was scheduled at 8am on Mar. 1st, which was just one week after taking the finger prints. The entrance was opened around 7:45am to let people get in. Only those applicants having appointments within the 15mins range were allowed to get in. We entered the lobby through the security check point and got a number after the front desk checked out receipts. Only 7-8 people were in the waiting room at that time. You can browse stuff on your phone, but taking photos are prohibited in the building. The whole interview process went very smoothly. The officer only went through the questions on 485 and 944. No additional questions were asked. He was kind and relaxed during the interview. He also explained why our interview place was different than our finger prints location-you can go to any ASC to take your finger prints but each field office has a management area. If you are unlucky as us living at the edge of the area, you will have to drive a long way to the field office. The officer said he will approve our cases after some final background check in half an hour. Both of our case statuses were changed to "Case was approved" around 4pm that day.
The story was not ended here. My wife's case was changed back to "Case was reopened" the next day which made us anxious but luckily the case was approved again after another week. After the status being changed to "The card was mailed to me", we both received our cards in a week.

Another tip heard from our friend, you may choose to walk-in any ASC to take the finger prints before the scheduled date, even it's not the one on the letter. But you can't do that after the scheduled date, you will have to wait for the reschedule letter which may take weeks/months to come.

Thank you again for all your help! Wish all selectees get your cards soon!