• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Curious but any EU winner here with CN between 18XXX and 30XXX? Any update from KCC regarding sending your docs?

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding having my DV visa issuance done in another country.

I applied for DV2021 as a Russian and got selected- my number is current this June. I'm currently in America, but my lawyer suggests that I do a CP outside the US because I may not be eligible for AOS. The Russian embassy isn't reliable for the purpose; they have very limited capacity for various reasons. Luckily, I'm also a UAE resident until the end of the year.

My lawyer told me that I have to transfer my case from the Russian embassy to UAE. Anyone who's done this before or knows how someone else's done this, what would be the process? I haven't submitted my DS 260 form yet; I wonder if I have to talk to the embassy first and submit the transfer request to them, or whether should I fill out the DS 260 form choosing UAE as the country where the interview will take place and then contacting them to confirm the transfer?
Why does your lawyer think you won’t be eligible for aos? I (we I am sure) would like to understand this more.

Your lawyer does not seem to understand that you cannot transfer a case that is not yet there - the cases are only assigned to an embassy once the DS260 is submitted and processed, civil documents are submitted and processed, your case number is current, and an interview is scheduled. If you submit a DS now with a UAE address as current address, then IF you get scheduled for interview, it will be in UAE. No “transfer” at all will be necessary.

I agree with the post above - it’s very late to be submitting DS260 given that Dept of State has already said it won’t be able to issue the full quota of DVs this year and there are piles of people who submitted theirs already. If you are sure you don’t want to or can’t AOS I guess you still have to try, but it is cutting it fine.

1. When did you enter the US?
2. What is the visa status were you admitted into the US?
A couple of years ago. J1 nonimmigrant. I'm a legal alien in the US, but I do not have that status anymore. I've never accumulated any unlawful presence. My spouse, however, did accumulate that presence, but it's below 180 days. Currently, we're in "lawful authorized stay," but the lawyer suggests that might not be an eligible status to get adjusted from.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago. J1 nonimmigrant. I'm a legal alien in the US, but I do not have that status anymore. I've never accumulated any unlawful presence. My spouse, however, did accumulate that presence, but it's below 180 days. Currently, we're in "lawful authorized stay," but the lawyer suggests that might not be an eligible status to get adjusted from.
You said you’re not J1 anymore. So what ARE you? Does “lawful authorized stay” mean a grace period, or what? What is your actual status?
your spouse will definitely not be able to adjust. The 180 days is not relevant for AOS. Overstay or any other violation of status is what is relevant. Luckily <180 days means there is no ban if she wants to do CP.

You said you’re not J1 anymore. So what ARE you? Does “lawful authorized stay” mean a grace period, or what? What is your actual status?
your spouse will definitely not be able to adjust. The 180 days is not relevant for AOS. Overstay or any other violation of status is what is relevant. Luckily <180 days means there is no ban if she wants to do CP.
I see. I should have clarified this earlier. I'm not sure what's the actual name of the status, but I believe that's called a derivative asylum applicant.

Okay, you’re basically out of status - that is why your lawyer says you’re not AOS eligible. You have no status to adjust from.

I see. I should have clarified this earlier. I'm not sure what's the actual name of the status, but I believe that's called a derivative asylum applicant.
I’m not certain you’ll be able to complete CP at this point considering you haven’t even submitted your DS260 form. But if you like, you can give it a shot, I don’t think you have anything to loose by doing so.Submit the DS260 form with UAE listed as your address, submit your documents to KCC immediately after that. Then watch and see if KCC is able to schedule an interview, if you get an interview notification you can then depart from the US and go attend the interview. Bear in mind once you leave the US, the pending asylum application becomes abandoned. You will only be able to return to the US if you get approved and issued with an immigrant visa.

ok this is getting a little too complex for me here... your wife is asylum pending?make sure your lawyer explains clearly to you the implications of leaving the US while you have an asylum pending case - I assume UAE is not the country of persecution. To be honest - I’m not sure you’d get that far if you haven’t submitted documents yet anyway, but you can try and see what happens, you may get lucky enough to get scheduled if there is enough capacity at uae.

Hi everyone. My case number is AS32xxx.
I haven't yet apply DS260. And my passport will be expired May 17 2021. (I will get new passport May 25)
So should I apply DS260 right now or wait until get new passport? (even already too laet...)
Then I will sent all document around June 14. Because I have to get police record from Canada...

I have a question :
My CN is AS17××× haven't recieved any emails.
I see people with numbers around AS24××× recieving document confirmation email.
Is it a random process from KCC or is it done according to case numbers?
Hi, I found a CN AS17XXX has got the status "In Transit" at the Save Diversity Visa website. Would it be your case?

Hi guys!
Having a question please ... as winner of Dv2021, my interview is on 16th of June . I realised that when we filled the Ds-260 , we mentioned, me and my husband, on the employment part, the name of our supervisor’s name and his real job title . We had a confusion on that part as it should be I believe our Job title .
Since it is too late to make modification, what can you suggest ? They will surely ask us what is our position . Shall we be honest and mention that we’ve got confused on this part . Does it reduce the chance for us for this kind of mistake ?
Thanks in advance

Hi guys!
Having a question please ... as winner of Dv2021, my interview is on 16th of June . I realised that when we filled the Ds-260 , we mentioned, me and my husband, on the employment part, the name of our supervisor’s name and his real job title . We had a confusion on that part as it should be I believe our Job title .
Since it is too late to make modification, what can you suggest ? They will surely ask us what is our position . Shall we be honest and mention that we’ve got confused on this part . Does it reduce the chance for us for this kind of mistake ?
Thanks in advance
Not a problem, mention the correction in interview.

Hi everyone. My case number is AS32xxx.
I haven't yet apply DS260. And my passport will be expired May 17 2021. (I will get new passport May 25)
So should I apply DS260 right now or wait until get new passport? (even already too laet...)
Then I will sent all document around June 14. Because I have to get police record from Canada...
If you only send documents mid June it is very probable you’ll be too late to get an interview.

Hi everybody,
I'm a dv 2021 selectee and my CN is AF69xxx (very high CN but I'm still hoping). I'm about to send documents to KCC.
My question is: in the case I decide to not include my kids in the immigrtion process (for financial reason), and once in the US, what is the procedure to apply to let them come to US ? and is it take much time ?.
Many thanks.

Hi everybody,
I'm a dv 2021 selectee and my CN is AF69xxx (very high CN but I'm still hoping). I'm about to send documents to KCC.
My question is: in the case I decide to not include my kids in the immigrtion process (for financial reason), and once in the US, what is the procedure to apply to let them come to US ? and is it take much time ?.
Many thanks.
You’ll file to sponsor them in that case, you can learn more about that process when you get to that stage. But be aware, it will take close to two years or more for that process to complete from when it is initiated. It will also cost you a lot more financially.

You’ll file to sponsor them in that case, you can learn more about that process when you get to that stage. But be aware, it will take close to two years or more for that process to complete from when it is initiated. It will also cost you a lot more financially.
Thanks

Sm1smom

I tried searching but couldn't find if it had already been answered but is there an expectation for a second set of 2NLs to be sent out this week? My understanding is that 2NLs are usually sent out on the 1st / 15th of the month, is that correct?

Last edited: