• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

It means “Administrative Processing.” There are several reasons for this.

1. Missing documents/more information required (the CO should tell you what’s missing).
2. This message may appear for some time when a visa was approved. Just means they are working on issuing it to you.
3. Further background checks.

I’m probably missing a lot more. But in any case, the CO should tell you if there’s anything else required from you.

Thank you so much!!

By case number. So even if everyone is current, lower case numbers are still prioritised.
Just to add, it just means everyone who has submitted their form(s) and is ready to be scheduled may be scheduled (given that no one with a lower number is at the same stage). So there’s no need to wait for their number to become current - like it would typically.

Looking for some clarity if I wanted to play the scheduling game:
  • Embassy in my country (Australia) is open and processing.
  • I want to get my interview as close to Sept 30th as possible.
  • Say my number is current but have not submitted requested docs to KCC (have submitted DS260)
  • Could I then wait and submit docs in late July?

My only concern is that my country doesn't allow international travel yet, so trying to delay things as long as possible.

My plan being to take a trip to Hawaii in early 2022, get passports stamped and "activate" the GC.
Then it would give me till early 2023 to finally make the move to US.

Thoughts/ideas?

Many thanks

Looking for some clarity if I wanted to play the scheduling game:
  • Embassy in my country (Australia) is open and processing.
  • I want to get my interview as close to Sept 30th as possible.
  • Say my number is current but have not submitted requested docs to KCC (have submitted DS260)
  • Could I then wait and submit docs in late July?

My only concern is that my country doesn't allow international travel yet, so trying to delay things as long as possible.

My plan being to take a trip to Hawaii in early 2022, get passports stamped and "activate" the GC.
Then it would give me till early 2023 to finally make the move to US.

Thoughts/ideas?

Many thanks

Risky game.

September interviews would normally be arranged in July, based on cases that were ready for scheduling at the end of June. So - theoretically you could submit documents in mid/late June to make sure you are scheduled in September.

However, you should consider some downsides.
  1. You can't pick early or late parts of the month.
  2. There are more selectees than a normal year. It is possible that they could exhaust all the available visas before you got yours scheduled.
  3. If you send the documents but KCC documents don't agree you sent the correct documents you could easily ruin your own case.
  4. Who knows what the Covid situation will be by then.
So, ask yourself this. Is it REALLY important enough to buy an extra month or two at the back end (2023) and by doing that gamble your whole GC chance?? Surely it would be better to get your visa in hand then either keep your status alive with a quick trip after initial actation (buying yourself an extra 6 to 12 months) OR plan to submit a re-entry permit (I-131) on the activation trip to arrange a 24 month gap until you need to move back. The I-131 takes a few weeks to arrange and you need to remain in the USA until the biometrics (say 6 weeks).

Make a better plan.

Risky game.

September interviews would normally be arranged in July, based on cases that were ready for scheduling at the end of June. So - theoretically you could submit documents in mid/late June to make sure you are scheduled in September.

However, you should consider some downsides.
  1. You can't pick early or late parts of the month.
  2. There are more selectees than a normal year. It is possible that they could exhaust all the available visas before you got yours scheduled.
  3. If you send the documents but KCC documents don't agree you sent the correct documents you could easily ruin your own case.
  4. Who knows what the Covid situation will be by then.
So, ask yourself this. Is it REALLY important enough to buy an extra month or two at the back end (2023) and by doing that gamble your whole GC chance?? Surely it would be better to get your visa in hand then either keep your status alive with a quick trip after initial actation (buying yourself an extra 6 to 12 months) OR plan to submit a re-entry permit (I-131) on the activation trip to arrange a 24 month gap until you need to move back. The I-131 takes a few weeks to arrange and you need to remain in the USA until the biometrics (say 6 weeks).

Make a better plan.
That is some excellent info Simon. Wasn't aware of the I-131, and looks like that might help post activation.

My concern is with the 1st trip post embassy. I don't know when Australia will allow 2 way travel (you can always leave if you have no plans to come back). I am hoping it is early 2022, hence why I wanted to buy as much time and get as close to 30th Sept at possible.

The other alternative is to do the one way trip in early 2022, but would need to align a lot of ducks such as having a job the other end etc.

That is some excellent info Simon. Wasn't aware of the I-131, and looks like that might help post activation.

My concern is with the 1st trip post embassy. I don't know when Australia will allow 2 way travel (you can always leave if you have no plans to come back). I am hoping it is early 2022, hence why I wanted to buy as much time and get as close to 30th Sept at possible.

The other alternative is to do the one way trip in early 2022, but would need to align a lot of ducks such as having a job the other end etc.

So a July interview would still mean an activation trip 1 year from now. Surely Covid should be controlled by then!

How are the people who gets current on August and September are scheduled? Are their interviews and visa issuance carried on to the new fiscal year?

How are the people who gets current on August and September are scheduled? Are their interviews and visa issuance carried on to the new fiscal year?

The visa bulletin publishes numbers in advance, remember. Interview notices are usually sent out 4-6 weeks before interview around the time of the VB publication. September numbers would be published in the August visa bulletin, which would usually be released in the second week of July (been later this past year, more like 3rd week). Interview notices would get sent out around that time.

If you remember the instructions for entering DV, they make clear that all visas have to be issued by 30 September of each fiscal year.

The visa bulletin publishes numbers in advance, remember. Interview notices are usually sent out 4-6 weeks before interview around the time of the VB publication. September numbers would be published in the August visa bulletin, which would usually be released in the second week of July (been later this past year, more like 3rd week). Interview notices would get sent out around that time.

If you remember the instructions for entering DV, they make clear that all visas have to be issued by 30 September of each fiscal year.

Thank you very much Susie.

1. Yes, she has to mention all her children (including the one in the US) on her DS260 form.
2. The daughter has two options (assuming she hasn’t aged out by the time her mom’s CN becomes current): she either flies back home to attend the interview with her mom or wait until the mom gets approved and enters the US, then files AOS (bear in mind the AOS process must be completed by the end of the applicable FY).

Back to this convo, 1. Because of the ban, the child who turned 21 in May 2020 and is about to age out ( if I did Math correctly), now I am wondering if during submission of the DS we have to mention the kid or not,
2. Wondering if we mention the kid and by the time their case gets current, the kid has aged out, can this result in denying Visa for the mother?

Back to this convo, 1. Because of the ban, the child who turned 21 in May 2020 and is about to age out ( if I did Math correctly), now I am wondering if during submission of the DS we have to mention the kid or not,
2. Wondering if we mention the kid and by the time their case gets current, the kid has aged out, can this result in denying Visa for the mother?

1. Already answered in my previous response: “she has to mention all her children ...”
2. Of course not - was the child in question not listed on the eDV entry to start with?

Has anyone with case number EU22xxx or above received email from KCC to sent documents?
Thank you!
EU29XXX here. Still nothing from KCC. Would be nice to see if anyone in EU region with the range of 20k-23k received the email. Would give me at least some hope that the process is not completely on stop mode...

Hi,
I write you from France.
My girlfriend has been selected in May 2020 for dv lotery. She has filled in the Ds260 form as single.
Now, we plan to get married in May 2021.
How can we add an applicant for me whereas she declare herself single on the Ds260 form ? Is that a problem ?
Thks a lot for your help
Adri

Hi,
I write you from France.
My girlfriend has been selected in May 2020 for dv lotery. She has filled in the Ds260 form as single.
Now, we plan to get married in May 2021.
How can we add an applicant for me whereas she declare herself single on the Ds260 form ? Is that a problem ?
Thks a lot for your help
Adri
She can update her ds260 after you get married, to show her new marital status and to add you as a derivative. This will only work if she doesn’t have a visa yet, so if she has a low case number she should perhaps delay submitting documents so there is time to add you on. Otherwise she would have to sponsor you separately after she gets a green card which is a much longer and more complex process.

She can update her ds260 after you get married, to show her new marital status and to add you as a derivative. This will only work if she doesn’t have a visa yet, so if she has a low case number she should perhaps delay submitting documents so there is time to add you on. Otherwise she would have to sponsor you separately after she gets a green card which is a much longer and more complex process.
Hi Susie,
Thank you so much for your response who helps me in my reflexions and procedures.
She has already completed DS260 and declared as a single in novembre. The file is written completed for her. She has not sent documents yet (birth certificate, baccalaureate...).
Meantime, i propose mariage. She doesn't have visa and is low case number is very low (25xx). She could pass the entretien on the bulletin of novembrer but finaly we are waiting. So, when we'll get married in May, do you advise me to send an email to Kentucky to explain or just add me as an derivative applicant ? Is it not too late in june for an interview and get green card 2021 ?
Regards,
Adri