• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Hi Susie,
Thank you so much for your response who helps me in my reflexions and procedures.
She has already completed DS260 and declared as a single in novembre. The file is written completed for her. She has not sent documents yet (birth certificate, baccalaureate...).
Meantime, i propose mariage. She doesn't have visa and is low case number is very low (25xx). She could pass the entretien on the bulletin of novembrer but finaly we are waiting. So, when we'll get married in May, do you advise me to send an email to Kentucky to explain or just add me as an derivative applicant ? Is it not too late in june for an interview and get green card 2021 ?
Regards,
Adri
There’s no point sending an email to explain (explain what?). She sends an email asking them to unlock the ds260, then adds you on. Timing should be ok though I would not delay updating etc after the wedding. If you are worried about timing then you may want to do a legal /court marriage earlier to add you on earlier.

Hi,

I am a 2021 selectee 2021EU27XXX
I submitted my DS260 early july 2020 as single and i haven't received the email asking for documents yet.
I got married yesterday so i would like to add my wife to my file.
I used to read that when this happens we have to email KCC and ask to unlock our DS260 to do so.
Now the thing is i just went to the apllication site and tried to access my file and it seems that it is not locked which surprised me, this is what i see:

ds.jpg

and when i click on add applicant it opens a window so, although i didn't try to go further, it looks like i would be able to add her without having asked to unlock my DS260?

Just wondering if anyone have any insight on this, if it's normal that my DS260 would not be locked because i always read that once submitted it is locked isnt it?

Thanks!

Hi,

I submitted my DS260 early july 2020 as single and i haven't received the email asking for documents yet.
I used to read that when this happens we have to email KCC and ask to unlock our DS260 to do so.
Now the thing is i just went to the apllication site and tried to access my file and it seems that it is not locked which surprised me, this is what i see:

View attachment 2252

and when i click on add applicant it opens a window so, although i didn't try to go further, it looks like i would be able to add her without having asked to unlock my DS260?

Just wondering if anyone have any insight on this, if it's normal that my DS260 would not be locked because i always read that once submitted it is locked isnt it?

Thanks!
Did U receive comfirmation email that your DS 260 has been submitted ?

If You didnt receive it means Ur DS260 hasn't been submitted Yet so U can effect the necessary changes and submit and ensure Ureceive an automated email afterwards

Hi,

View attachment 2252

Thanks!

Your form says completed. That means locked. You could add a spouse with add applicant, but you need to unlock your own form too to change your marital status and so on.

Your form says completed. That means locked. You could add a spouse with add applicant, but you need to unlock your own form too to change your marital status and so on.
You're right i was focused on adding her as a derivative and saw it was possible but i didn't realize i couldn't actually access my own ds260 in order to update my marital status... So i'll email them now to ask for unlocking my ds!
Sorry about that and thank you for your answers!
and Thank you Simon for all your great work it's been a great help throughout the process!

President Joe Biden will impose an entry ban on most non-U.S. citizens entering the country who have recently been in
  • South Africa
  • Brazil
  • the United Kingdom,
  • Ireland
  • and 26 countries in Europe that allow travel across open borders
Reuters citing unnamed sources.

The announcement said to be coming on Monday.

Again...

President Joe Biden will impose an entry ban on most non-U.S. citizens entering the country who have recently been in
  • South Africa
  • Brazil
  • the United Kingdom,
  • Ireland
  • and 26 countries in Europe that allow travel across open borders
Reuters citing unnamed sources.

The announcement said to be coming on Monday.

Again...
The only one new in that list is South Africa, where a particularly virulent strain of Covid is currently present. You understand that this is a ban based on physical presence in those countries for two weeks prior to entry, due to Covid issues, right?

Last edited:
Hi,
I’m trying to catch up on older posts but I also have a question:
I’m on F-1 visa here and (before COVID) I used to get my “ineligible for an SSN” document from the SSN Office. Due to Covid, they’re only doing phone appointments by providing them your SSN :) Naturally, I can’t obtain that document, but I have an older version that I got last year, can I use it in the case of providing proof for I-944, so that they could see I won’t be able to get a credit score report?

Hi,
I’m trying to catch up on older posts but I also have a question:
I’m on F-1 visa here and (before COVID) I used to get my “ineligible for an SSN” document from the SSN Office. Due to Covid, they’re only doing phone appointments by providing them your SSN :) Naturally, I can’t obtain that document, but I have an older version that I got last year, can I use it in the case of providing proof for I-944, so that they could see I won’t be able to get a credit score report?

to avoid confusion please keep AOS related questions to the AOS thread https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-aos-only.342993/
...thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I was browsing the Brazilian US embassy website for some other information and stumble across this article talking about Biden's new 14 day ban on Brazil and other countries. I got concerned when I read the following part

"...Under these restrictions, a consular officer will not issue a visa to a foreign national who the officer has determined has been, or will have been, present in any of the listed countries within 14 days prior to his or her entry into the United States...."

Looks like the embassy (at least in Brazil) will not issue visas while this ban is in place

What do you think about this?

br.usembassy.gov/presidential-proclamation-restricts-travel-for-foreign-nationals-including-brazilians-to-the-u-s-a/

Hi Everyone,

I was browsing the Brazilian US embassy website for some other information and stumble across this article talking about Biden's new 14 day ban on Brazil and other countries. I got concerned when I read the following part

"...Under these restrictions, a consular officer will not issue a visa to a foreign national who the officer has determined has been, or will have been, present in any of the listed countries within 14 days prior to his or her entry into the United States...."

Looks like the embassy (at least in Brazil) will not issue visas while this ban is in place

br.usembassy.gov/presidential-proclamation-restricts-travel-for-foreign-nationals-including-brazilians-to-the-u-s-a/

This is not unexpected, it is how many embassies behaved before in September. Judge Mehta instructed them to process and issue visas. It is behavior at the core of the Gomez lawsuit, their procedure to not issues visas that cannot be used. It's wrong, but they do it anyway - which is why I have stressed the need for the Annunciato legal team to get the Judge to order the government to operate DV processing as "mission critical".

Hi Everyone,

This is not actually new, the policy has been in place since Trump first instituted the Covid bans on Brazil and other countries last year. It was specifically addressed in the judgement by judge Mehta that they do not have the authority to not issues visas for this reason, however, it is a moot point until they start issuing DV visas anyway. If you look at the actual wording of what you quoted its also easy to get around, just tell the CO you’ll spend two weeks in a non banned country before entering the US...

Hello

My wife is not employed at the moment.
When filling her information in the DS260 under the family section i select "not employed" under occupation but then it opens a box asking to "explain".
There is no particular reason to explain why she's unemployed at the moment, it is basically a choice so i am not sure how to answer their "explain" question correctly?
Do you think just writing "SHE IS A HOUSEWIFE AT THE MOMENT" would sound ok?
Thank you!

Hello

My wife is not employed at the moment.
When filling her information in the DS260 under the family section i select "not employed" under occupation but then it opens a box asking to "explain".
There is no particular reason to explain why she's unemployed at the moment, it is basically a choice so i am not sure how to answer their "explain" question correctly?
Do you think just writing "SHE IS A HOUSEWIFE AT THE MOMENT" would sound ok?
Thank you!
There is an option "Homemaker" for housewives.

I am not an expert but I believe "Not employed" means you used to have a job but you are not currently employed. Maybe the mods can clarify more on this.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...-and-streamlining-the-legal-immigration-syst/

As I can understand only the 3rd point can give us some form of relief. But no indication that he will cancel the ban(s) today. It all sounds very promising but we are not there yet.

Restore Faith in Our Legal Immigration System and Promote Integration of New Americans. President Biden believes that immigrants are essential to who we are as a nation and critical to our aspirations for the future. The prior administration enacted hundreds of policies that run counter to our history and undermine America’s character as a land of opportunity that is open and welcoming to all who come here seeking protection and opportunity. This Executive Order elevates the role of the White House in coordinating the federal government’s strategy to promote immigrant integration and inclusion, including re-establishing a Task Force on New Americans, and ensuring that our legal immigration system operates fairly and efficiently. The order requires agencies to conduct a top-to-bottom review of recent regulations, policies, and guidance that have set up barriers to our legal immigration system. It also rescinds President Trump’s memorandum requiring family sponsors to repay the government if relatives receive public benefits, instructs the agencies to review the public charge rule and related policies, and streamline the naturalization process.

Last edited:
@Britsimon , Thanks for your help. I have 2 questions

1) can the POTUS order government to issue DV visa from 2018 for example based on his EO for cancelling Muslim Ban ? even it will be issued now in 2021?
2) Assuming he can , would it be possible , he doesn't want to cancel the immigrant ban , but come later and issue a reversal and allow DV2021 visas to be issued after Sep 30 , hoping that Covid would be under control by that time ?

@Britsimon , Thanks for your help. I have 2 questions

1) can the POTUS order government to issue DV visa from 2018 for example based on his EO for cancelling Muslim Ban ? even it will be issued now in 2021?
2) Assuming he can , would it be possible , he doesn't want to cancel the immigrant ban , but come later and issue a reversal and allow DV2021 visas to be issued after Sep 30 , hoping that Covid would be under control by that time ?

No, he absolutely cannot do that.

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if the scheduling for the DV 2021 program year has not yet begun?

I have noticed that our DV Immigrant Visa appointment number will become current starting in March 2021, according to the Visa Monthly Bulletin. I am in the South America group but scheduled my interview in Europe, where I am currently based.

I wrote to the KCC this week and received the message below.

Do you know when we should expect further instructions on when our visa case will be scheduled and to log into the ESC?. Also I have tried consulting the dvlottery (Electronic Diversity Visa Applicant Entry System: 12) but every time I enter my information I get an error message.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration