• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

@Britsimon , Thanks for your help. I have 2 questions

1) can the POTUS order government to issue DV visa from 2018 for example based on his EO for cancelling Muslim Ban ? even it will be issued now in 2021?
2) Assuming he can , would it be possible , he doesn't want to cancel the immigrant ban , but come later and issue a reversal and allow DV2021 visas to be issued after Sep 30 , hoping that Covid would be under control by that time ?

Mom is correct. Potus could not just write an EO for this. No Judge could do that either. I had an interesting conversation with one of our lawyers. I stated my understanding that reopening DV2017 to 2019 cases was impossible and he said they were looking at it. However, when pushed, he said it would take congress. In other words, new law, specifically to address that injustice. Realistically, that is not going to happen.

As for DV2021 - again, without a change in the law we have to look at legal solutions. IN DV2020 the Judge reserved 9095 visas for later issuance, believing that it may be possible by doing so to issue those visas after a final decision. Mehta didn't seem entirely convinced that was even possible, but he believed reserving the visas protected their interests to avoid the issue becoming moot.

Now having said that the Gomez and Aker lawyers have not accepted the 9095 as a limit, indicating that they believe they can argue a way to get an order to go beyond the reserved visas. That is being argued in the Gomez appeal under consideration now.

Hello, does anybody know or have opinion why we dont have interviews yet, and what is your prediction when will they start with interviews?

Hello, does anybody know or have opinion why we dont have interviews yet, and what is your prediction when will they start with interviews?

The process is blocked until 31 March unless Biden rescinds the EO that trump left us. No green cards can be issued outside of US until then.

The visa bulletin numbers are still very low and going up very slowly. I'm in the U.S. where USCIS is issuing green cards for DV-winners but my number is high (EU30000). So even though USCIS is processing green cards here it looks like I might miss out of my chances of getting my green card because of the low visa bulletin numbers. Is there anything I can do? If I send in my AOS before my number is current they will deny me?

The visa bulletin numbers are still very low and going up very slowly. I'm in the U.S. where USCIS is issuing green cards for DV-winners but my number is high (EU30000). So even though USCIS is processing green cards here it looks like I might miss out of my chances of getting my green card because of the low visa bulletin numbers. Is there anything I can do? If I send in my AOS before my number is current they will deny me?
No. They will deny your application.

After March 31 things will start moving a lot faster. Fast enough to reach EU 30k, that no one knows. I feel you pain, as I am sure we all do.
It has been a horrible ride for all of us.

After March 31 things will start moving a lot faster. Fast enough to reach EU 30k, that no one knows. I feel you pain, as I am sure we all do.
It has been a horrible ride for all of us.

Yes it's very unfortunate for all of us, I'm hoping everything will speed up after March.
I've been living in the U.S. for 8 years. I have an American husband and my two children are American citizen but I'm here on a non-immigrant status that expires in the summer and I can not extend it. My husband doesn't qualify to sponsor me with a green card so my only hope to stay here is to get my green card through the dv-lottery. It was perfect timing but now it looks all bad... I'm really hoping for a miracle for all of us dv-winners.

Yes it's very unfortunate for all of us, I'm hoping everything will speed up after March.
I've been living in the U.S. for 8 years. I have an American husband and my two children are American citizen but I'm here on a non-immigrant status that expires in the summer and I can not extend it. My husband doesn't qualify to sponsor me with a green card so my only hope to stay here is to get my green card through the dv-lottery. It was perfect timing but now it looks all bad... I'm really hoping for a miracle for all of us dv-winners.
If you are in the US, why don't you adjust status?

After March 31 things will start moving a lot faster.

Only time will tell if that's correct or not. Many (Most?) consulates around the world are still closed or only accepting emergency appointments (which most likely will not include DV). It's certainly possible things will speed up a little, but I would not put money on "a lot faster".

There’s no point sending an email to explain (explain what?). She sends an email asking them to unlock the ds260, then adds you on. Timing should be ok though I would not delay updating etc after the wedding. If you are worried about timing then you may want to do a legal /court marriage earlier to add you on earlier.
Thank you Susie ! My marriage is still on may or june 2021 (depending mariage restrictions in France) and i cross finger it will be not so far for the interview. In reality, we can have an interview to september 2021 ? Is there any chances ?
Thanks

For anyone who's interested, PBS News published an article that partly explains what's happening with embassies abroad and why there are still delays with interviews and processing overseas that have to do with COVID. I don't think I can post a link here, but the title is "State Department scrambles to distribute scarce COVID-19 doses to diplomats" basically there are not enough vaccines being provided to workers to make sure they can safely resume their jobs.

Hello, is it possible to submit the DS260 without answering the question about traveling to other countries, i am sure that i answered but now i see that neither Yes or No box is checked. Could it be technical problem on the application? Should i unlock the DS for this issue?

Hello, is it possible to submit the DS260 without answering the question about traveling to other countries, i am sure that i answered but now i see that neither Yes or No box is checked. Could it be technical problem on the application? Should i unlock the DS for this issue?

Submitting the DS260 form without disclosing travels to other countries (if applicable) constitutes lying for the purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit, that is withholding of potential material information which can lead to a lifetime ban upon discovery. If the question is currently showing as unanswered, and additional information provided as applicable, you should contact KCC to unlock your form and provide the information as applicable.