• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

If you have proof of KCC processing DV22 or scheduling them, please DM me.
Why the need for DM? In a normal year, 2NLs for October would be going out already. Instead all we have reported in the DV22 forum is people saying KCC has not responded to emails or unlock requests, or confirmed documents. I think we’d all like to know who these DV.22 people getting processed or scheduled are.

The part of the rules stating that is is ok if same region, have disappeared from the public version of the manual. It is not clear to me (and a couple of others here) if that means the rule has actually changed. Please do give us feedback after your interview.
Yikes! Hopefully, they'll let it pass considering that I have a U.S. citizen minor child and that they won't even use all of the 55k visas anyway. And I'm legitimately NOT extracting any benefit out of this error as well. Fingers crossed.

Yikes! Hopefully, they'll let it pass considering that I have a U.S. citizen minor child and that they won't even use all of the 55k visas anyway. And I'm legitimately NOT extracting any benefit out of this error as well. Fingers crossed.
The factors of a usc child and visa usage will not enter the decision - it would be judged on the rules.
I hope that they do not assess you as benefitting. It looks like Russia is cut off for reaching 7% of entrants so it could be argued that you did benefit by choosing a different country. There has been mixed reporting on the few cases like this I recall seeing in the past. I’m not wanting to scare you here - but this is not totally a riskless scenario for you.

The factors of a usc child and visa usage will not enter the decision - it would be judged on the rules.
I hope that they do not assess you as benefitting. It looks like Russia is cut off for reaching 7% of entrants so it could be argued that you did benefit by choosing a different country. There has been mixed reporting on the few cases like this I recall seeing in the past. I’m not wanting to scare you here - but this is not totally a riskless scenario for you.

It's interesting that I also could find any changes to that paragraph in FAM 9 Recent Change Transmittal Listings (But I might be looking at the wrong thing).

Link: fam.state.gov/FAM/Ct.aspx?VolumeID=09FAM

So, it doesn't look like there was an "official change". But the fact that it disappeared from the manual is weird. It should at least be mentioned that there was a redaction. I'll keep you guys updated.

The part of the rules stating that is is ok if same region, have disappeared from the public version of the manual. It is not clear to me (and a couple of others here) if that means the rule has actually changed. Please do give us feedback after your interview.
From my side , because of that mistake , our case is under processing since 16th of June , date of our interview . It’s been 42 days that our passports are kept at the embassy . Give us feedback though . Best of luck to you

From my side , because of that mistake , our case is under processing since 16th of June , date of our interview . It’s been 42 days that our passports are kept at the embassy . Give us feedback though . Best of luck to you
It seems that your situation is a bit different (I read your post) since you claimed from another region. Here, it's the same EU region, just different countries. Hopefully, you'll get a positive response soon as well!

Wasn’t yours a different region though and you are trying to retroactively do cross charging? Am I remembering correctly?

It's interesting that I also could find any changes to that paragraph in FAM 9 Recent Change Transmittal Listings (But I might be looking at the wrong thing).

Link: fam.state.gov/FAM/Ct.aspx?VolumeID=09FAM

So, it doesn't look like there was an "official change". But the fact that it disappeared from the manual is weird. It should at least be mentioned that there was a redaction. I'll keep you guys updated.
I am not sure how “recent” it was, I think sm1smom mentioned she had already noticed the change last year. Of course no-one was interviewing then because of the ban so I guess it didn’t really come to notice.

I am not sure how “recent” it was, I think sm1smom mentioned she had already noticed the change last year. Of course no-one was interviewing then because of the ban so I guess it didn’t really come to notice.
I browsed at Web Archive from mid-2019 until today and the only change I found was this:

502.6 (U) DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISASRevised to make a technical edit for CA/VO's annual 9 FAM Certification.

This changed happened on 2019-06-03

I browsed at Web Archive from mid-2019 until today and the only change I found was this:

502.6 (U) DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISASRevised to make a technical edit for CA/VO's annual 9 FAM Certification.

This changed happened on 2019-06-03
Ok well… like I said before we have no idea if the removal from the FAM meant a change in actual policy or not. (And I’d be lying if I said I knew what the above revision even means…)

Ok well… like I said before we have no idea if the removal from the FAM meant a change in actual policy or not. (And I’d be lying if I said I knew what the above revision even means…)
Then I guess there's only one way to find out :) I have all of my documents and medical done, so there's no point to stress about it now. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes. But Jesus, with all of the latest crap that happened with DV, this policy change would be complete nonsense.

Greetings for all. I would like to ask what is the real status of my case : at the DS260 it is metioned that my case is at the KCC however at the visa status check it is at the NVC so which one is correct? Many thanks for the answer.

Greetings for all. I would like to ask what is the real status of my case : at the DS260 it is metioned that my case is at the KCC however at the visa status check it is at the NVC so which one is correct? Many thanks for the answer.
DV cases do not go through the NVC, your case as with the KCC.

Dear Everybody!

I just received a mail from KCC that I should send the documents :) (CN: 36xxx, region: EU)

I mean, I did, just a couple of days ago again, cause thanks to @Britsimon I realized my case number should be with zeros. Long story short, I have 2 questions to make everything sure:

1. Is it true that police certificates are valid for 2 years? I have them from 2 countries and one of them is only valid for 3 months, which unfortunately expired in early July.

2. in my husband’s birth certificate was incorrectly written his mother’s country of birth. can this be a problem?

Thank you in advance!

Have a great day and don't give up!

Source? Considering none of the dv22 guys say anything has been done on their cases?
If you have proof of KCC processing DV22 or scheduling them, please DM me.
I should have said they will be on to DV2022 from next week regardless of the stuff shortage.
KCC schedules interviews 2 month in advance so we have only 3 days left to receive 2NL if its regular year and I hope its not.

Last edited:
Dear Everybody!

I just received a mail from KCC that I should send the documents :) (CN: 36xxx, region: EU)

I mean, I did, just a couple of days ago again, cause thanks to @Britsimon I realized my case number should be with zeros. Long story short, I have 2 questions to make everything sure:

1. Is it true that police certificates are valid for 2 years? I have them from 2 countries and one of them is only valid for 3 months, which unfortunately expired in early July.

2. in my husband’s birth certificate was incorrectly written his mother’s country of birth. can this be a problem?

Thank you in advance!

When did you originally send your docs? Also, which country? I am France, 25XXX and no update. (No request to send docs. I did back in April though)

Dear Everybody!

Thank you in advance!

1. Yes, 2 year validity for police certificates (unless your country specific instructions say otherwise, confirm from the link in the selectee pages)
2. Should not be an issue.

Also, thanks for confirming that KCC is indeed still working on DV21 cases.

Is there anyone who got interview schedule from Sri Lanka ? My Dad got "ready for interview" letter but no update about interview though the number is current from June.

When did you originally send your docs? Also, which country? I am France, 25XXX and no update. (No request to send docs. I did back in April though)
I have dual citizenship (born in Serbia, but nationality is Hungarian, also live in Hungary). I sent my docs first time in April, and resend them on Monday and today I have received the request.

Also a GOH plaintiff if it's make any difference now..

1. Yes, 2 year validity for police certificates (unless your country specific instructions say otherwise, confirm from the link in the selectee pages)
2. Should not be an issue.

Also, thanks for confirming that KCC is indeed still working on DV21 cases.
Thank you! :) I didn't find any other info on that page, so I am sending the expired one.

Yes, moreover I am in contact with a few people, and almost all of them got the request in a last 7-10 days (I'm talking about 5 people from EU)