• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

If your CN is current and they’ve already scheduled you for an interview, yes KCC will refuse to unlock the DS260, you’ll have to contact the embassy in that case.
Hi mom..
About my request for unlock DS260, kcc has refused to unlock and asked me to email the consular. My question is: what may be the content of the email I will send to the consular? Or can I have a kind of sample?

Hi mom..
About my request for unlock DS260, kcc has refused to unlock and asked me to email the consular. My question is: what may be the content of the email I will send to the consular? Or can I have a kind of sample?
Explain to the embassy why you need the form unlocked - provide the information you wish to update. I don't have a sample email to provide.

Hi,

I’ve been monitoring this forum for a while and thank you for all the useful information. I have a question in regards to my next steps. Once I got selected (around June last year) I completed my DS right away. Shortly after I got an email from KCC asking for documents. I sent them and got a notification that they were received, a pretty generic email.

My case is SA-26XX, but I think that doesn’t matter now considering all numbers are current.

So my question is, what am I supposed to do now and/or what is the estimated response time from KCC once you are current? My biggest concern is that I basically filed everything on my court over 6 months ago and I haven’t heard anything yet.

I understand this is a waiting game but is there a way to track the status and how do I even know if the Consulate I selected is even processing DV cases?

Any guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I’ve been monitoring this forum for a while and thank you for all the useful information. I have a question in regards to my next steps. Once I got selected (around June last year) I completed my DS right away. Shortly after I got an email from KCC asking for documents. I sent them and got a notification that they were received, a pretty generic email.

My case is SA-26XX, but I think that doesn’t matter now considering all numbers are current.

So my question is, what am I supposed to do now and/or what is the estimated response time from KCC once you are current? My biggest concern is that I basically filed everything on my court over 6 months ago and I haven’t heard anything yet.

I understand this is a waiting game but is there a way to track the status and how do I even know if the Consulate I selected is even processing DV cases?

Any guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Was the notification just that they were received or was it also a processed/ready for scheduling email? If not, make sure all your documents were correctly formatted and if not, resend.

You can look up the website for the US consulate/embassy in your country that does immigrant visas, there should be somewhere on the visas page a status update of which visas they are currently processing. It is not consistent where embassies put this so you may have to search a little, sometimes it is on the main visas page and sometimes on the page where you make visa appointments. Alternatively you could email or call the immigrant visa unit at the emnassy and ask directly.

Was the notification just that they were received or was it also a processed/ready for scheduling email? If not, make sure all your documents were correctly formatted and if not, resend.

You can look up the website for the US consulate/embassy in your country that does immigrant visas, there should be somewhere on the visas page a status update of which visas they are currently processing. It is not consistent where embassies put this so you may have to search a little, sometimes it is on the main visas page and sometimes on the page where you make visa appointments. Alternatively you could email or call the immigrant visa unit at the emnassy and ask directly.
The notification was received August 27th and indicated they were processed and ready for schedule. See extract below:

“Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all documentation required by the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.”

I looked in the US embassy/consulates website and it’s not indicated that they are processing DV immigrant visas but I’m not sure if that’s even a good reference considering that the country, Dominican Republic, is not included in the lottery. Therefore, I assume DVs are very unique and specific cases.

I tried contacting the embassy and they referred me to KCC,as if they don’t know anything about those cases. I’m going to contact them now, but in the mean time any comments are greatly appreciated.

The notification was received August 27th and indicated they were processed and ready for schedule. See extract below:

“Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all documentation required by the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.”

I looked in the US embassy/consulates website and it’s not indicated that they are processing DV immigrant visas but I’m not sure if that’s even a good reference considering that the country, Dominican Republic, is not included in the lottery. Therefore, I assume DVs are very unique and specific cases.

I tried contacting the embassy and they referred me to KCC,as if they don’t know anything about those cases. I’m going to contact them now, but in the mean time any comments are greatly appreciated.
Check this site

Hi! Just wanted to make sure. When we are processing AoS should we show high school diploma? Or bachelor degree diploma is fine?

Well any embassy that processes immigrant visas can process DVs, for example there are many processed in London and Montreal every year despite those born in the UK and Canada not being eligible for DV. What does the website say about immigrant visas in general - are they processing them? ( If not, and if you are a citizen of your birth/eligibility country, you may consider trying to change the case to there if they are processing.) The referral to KCC may have depended on how you phrased the question, as KCC is responsible for scheduling DV visa interviews.

Hi! Just wanted to make sure. When we are processing AoS should we show high school diploma? Or bachelor degree diploma is fine?
Including the HS Diploma in the AOS package is recommended.

p.s. post AOS related questions on the AOS Thread to prevent creating unnecessary confusion for those processing CP

Thank you so much! I’m now changing from CP to AoS. And I should also change interview place on DS. What I can show as a reason for KCC? I’m studying here in Chicago more than year.

Thank you so much! I’m now changing from CP to AoS. And I should also change interview place on DS. What I can show as a reason for KCC? I’m studying here in Chicago more than year.
You cannot change the interview location on the DS260 form on your own. You'll need to inform KCC you wish to change from CP to AOS, you're currently based in the US, tell them that.

**Again, you need to post AOS related questions on the AOS Thread to prevent creating unnecessary confusion for those processing CP

Good evening. I received an email that documents are verified and the file is ready for scheduling (no interview date yet). My worry is that I have send maybe 7-8 times my documents for verification, since there was a problem and the system didn’t want to accept it saying some documents were missing. I changed formats etc and it finally worked - I received a confirmation Congratulations etc..

However, maybe I am paranoid a bit - I am worried that I sent too many emails with documents to KCC, I am afraid somehow my emails with wrong formats or translations cancel the email with documents which were successfully processed. Does it make any sense ? Or once I received a confirmation that everything is fine with documents - I should not worry and just wait for an interview ?
Thank you

Good evening. I received an email that documents are verified and the file is ready for scheduling (no interview date yet). My worry is that I have send maybe 7-8 times my documents for verification, since there was a problem and the system didn’t want to accept it saying some documents were missing. I changed formats etc and it finally worked - I received a confirmation Congratulations etc..

However, maybe I am paranoid a bit - I am worried that I sent too many emails with documents to KCC, I am afraid somehow my emails with wrong formats or translations cancel the email with documents which were successfully processed. Does it make any sense ? Or once I received a confirmation that everything is fine with documents - I should not worry and just wait for an interview ?
Thank you
What is your Case Number?

Thank you
Yep, you are paranoid a bit, if they sent you an email that they are ok then they are ok.

Not practical for reasons of both being able to draw more people than visas and embassy capacity issues. Please read britsimon’s blog of how the process works if you need more understanding as to why that is.
I understand why britsimon said but for high cn it's always been an off for us, so compared to now that everyone is current it certainly is good news for me and sorry to low cn

I am 6***
Thank you, but how do you know SusieQQQ that the system will keep the right set of documents ? What I am afraid is that I will be waiting for an interview and then it turns out that too many documents sets confused the system (yeah even they wrote me Congratulations ... )
I tried to call them but they have an auto reply, so basically there is no other way to check it.
Thank you

I am 6***
Thank you, but how do you know SusieQQQ that the system will keep the right set of documents ? What I am afraid is that I will be waiting for an interview and then it turns out that too many documents sets confused the system (yeah even they wrote me Congratulations ... )
I tried to call them but they have an auto reply, so basically there is no other way to check it.
Thank you
I am assuming you know that you have to bring the actual documents to your interview for the CO to check them there?

Yes I know this - my point is that I sent too many emails with documents, one of them went through (they verified documents and said Congratulations), while others didn’t (probably there is a problem with a format). I don’t know how their system works, so just wanted to know if somebody had a case when KCC confirmed the documents, but then it turned out there is a problem with them and no interview was scheduled.
Thank you

Yes I know this - my point is that I sent too many emails with documents, one of them went through (they verified documents and said Congratulations), while others didn’t (probably there is a problem with a format). I don’t know how their system works, so just wanted to know if somebody had a case when KCC confirmed the documents, but then it turned out there is a problem with them and no interview was scheduled.
Thank you
You’re stressing over nothing. Just being paranoid like Susie already noted.