• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

I think it's good news cos it ain't fair that we all rifled for the lottery and some has been prioritized. It should always be like this, high and low cn doesn't apply

That's actually bad news for low case numbers since they have not been processed like they should be. This makes it a lottery within a lottery.

Well it was already a lottery within the lottery, once they decided to over select so much.

But there's nothing to stop KCC and the embassies from still prioritizing lower case numbers where possible. But there are embassies which are not going to handle anywhere near their normal number. At the same time, there are other embassies which could handle all the selectees from their respective countries, if the selectees were current. It makes no sense to bottleneck those people who could make progress, when it's now inevitable that we're going to reach the deadline with unused visas anyway.

I could see an argument that the case numbers should be held back so that people in countries where the embassies are not operating can either [1] make arrangements to transfer to other countries, or [2] sue DOS to make their embassies help more. But neither of these will completely fix DV21 for everyone, so we still need to try to use up all the visas some other way, or else they'll go to waste. Regarding [2], at least some of the reasons that certain embassies are not helping is pandemic related stuff, and they are not necessarily breaking any rules by not opening.

I think it's good news cos it ain't fair that we all rifled for the lottery and some has been prioritized. It should always be like this, high and low cn doesn't apply
Not practical for reasons of both being able to draw more people than visas and embassy capacity issues. Please read britsimon’s blog of how the process works if you need more understanding as to why that is.

Hello, i want to know how to avoid to be seen as a public charge? What am I supposed to submit as documents or simply what to do?

Hello, i want to know how to avoid to be seen as a public charge? What am I supposed to submit as documents or simply what to do?
Very individual thing
often just a job history showing you are willing and able to work is enough ... educational qualifications can help ... bank statements ... “host” system depending on country of origin ...i134

Both my spouse and I won DV 2021. We are currently in the U.S. on a valid status and plan to apply for AOS.

1. I want to check if it is possible to also apply for CP with the second winning number as a backup option or it may harm our AOS application.
2. Should we apply with a lower CN to CP or AOS? For which process is the CN more important considering everyone is current from June?

Both my spouse and I won DV 2021. We are currently in the U.S. on a valid status and plan to apply for AOS.

1. I want to check if it is possible to also apply for CP with the second winning number as a backup option or it may harm our AOS application.
2. Should we apply with a lower CN to CP or AOS? For which process is the CN more important considering everyone is current from June?
1. Yes, you can certainly do that. Each selection and processing option are independent of one another.
2. Makes no difference at this point with all regions (with the exception of the 3 noted countries) being current.