• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

T
Thanks! this helps. (I am having a prob in my name as well that's why) Anyway in the last two para it's mentioned that "It is extremely important that all names on your birth certificate, petition and passport are in the same order and spelled the same" What do they mean by "Petition"?

DS-260

It seems I (10XXX) will have to wait for sometime.......

According to the current pace, you will get your 2NL in 1st Quarter of 2020, if you submit your documents as soon as you receive your doc request email.

Last edited:
what docs they asking? do SL have any special instructions for doc submit?

Just follow the instructions in the email. If the size of the attachments are more than 25mb or 30mb, you can send docuemnts in 2 or 3 emails. Make sure you use your case number as the Subject in all emails.

Documents requesting email doesn't have a relationship to the expected date of the interview. Some in the range of AS22xxx have received it after unlocking and re-submitting the DS-260 according to online forums.

I got the documents required email last week and got the ready for scheduling email within 48 hours of submitting documents.

Interviews are scheduled based on the case number becoming current. So the expected date of my interview would be in January or February 2020 hopefully :).

AS7xxx interviews can be scheduled in approx. February or March 2020. Check the VB, if this number is CURRENT for a month, then you get the interviews on that month (most probably), if you have already received your 2NL.

Last edited:
Guys, do you have any idea about minimum funds needed to be shown per person or just I-134 is enough ?

Last edited:
Guys, do you have any idea about minimum funds needed to be shown per person or just I-134 is enough ?
I-134 is enough. You can go through the Sri Lanka interview experience stories on britsimonsays.com
Some of them presented assets but the COs specifically asked for I-134 and didn't even look at bank statements etc.

I-134 is enough. You can go through the Sri Lanka interview experience stories on britsimonsays.com
Some of them presented assets but the COs specifically asked for I-134 and didn't even look at bank statements etc.
@Atlan , i missed that part in Britsimon. If U remember where, plz share the link.

If you provide an I-134 from a Sponsor, you do not need to show ANYTHING (bank statements or assets). Make sure your sponsor has the capacity.

@Atlan , i missed that part in Britsimon. If U remember where, plz share the link.
There are few but you have to browse through many comments pages to find them. This is one example: britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/comment-page-10/#comment-112044

According to the current pace, you will get your 2NL in 1st Quarter of 2020, if you submit your documents as soon as you receive your doc request email.

Hmm. These days I'm waiting for the doc request mail from KCC. As Brit always says: I'm practicing "Patience" :)

Keep this in your mind

-Police clearance certificate get expired. If you obtain the Clearance report, far too early, by the time you go to interview, clearance report might be expired. Then you need to obtain it again. Therefore, time your documentation in order to avoid unnecessary hassel.

-Medical - Reserve a date for the medical after you receive your interview date. Because, if you receive visa, you need to enter US before Medical get expired. If you obtaibn the Medical Early, then you need to travel early.

Hi..Friends..Plz give your ideas for me .My CN is 23xxx . I decided to marry this December . I thought after my marriage unlock my 260.Now im afraid about my cn .What do you think about my case..what wil i do ? It is problem for my wife .I want to go with her .plz friends tell me

Hi..Friends..Plz give your ideas for me .My CN is 23xxx . I decided to marry this December . I thought after my marriage unlock my 260.Now im afraid about my cn .What do you think about my case..what wil i do ? It is problem for my wife .I want to go with her .plz friends tell me

Your case number won't become current until June/July 2020. Marry in December and after that request to unlock DS-260. KCC would normally do it within 1-2 working days. Edit your DS-260 and add your spouse. Add a new DS-260 form for your spouse, fill and submit. So by January/February, you would get the document submission request. By that time you can get the certified marriage certificate from the relevant DS office (it's not the certificate you get during registration you have to send, you need to get the certified extract once they register marriage in the book they maintain at the DS office). Once you submit your documents, you would get ready for scheduling email within 2 days. So there's plenty of time. Don't worry. :)

Come on before marriage ?

You mean your CN getting current before December? That's almost impossible. Even if you receive documents requesting email before your wedding, you can delay sending documents until documents are ready. You can get DS-260 unlocked until they schedule the interview. KCC will schedule you depending on the day they finish processing your and your spouse's DS-260s and the documents, provided your CN is current.

Last edited: