• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

It took KCC just 48 hours to process the scanned documents and they sent me the ready for scheduling email.

One important thing I noticed in it is that the VB would be published after the 15th day of each month.

"Records indicate you have submitted a complete and valid DS-260 application for each family member, and you have provided all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center.

Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Interviews for the DV 2020 program will begin in October 2019 and conclude on September 30, 2020. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check dvlottery.state.gov."

The KCC email requesting documents has not mentioned anything about how to name the files. So I referred the NVC Documents Scanning FAQ page (travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/establish-financial-support/docs-scan-faqs.html). The file names went as 2020AS0000XXXX_King_Atlan_Birth_Certificate.pdf, 2020AS0000XXXX_King_Atlan_Birth_Certificate_Translation.pdf, etc.

Thanks a lot.. one more thing even though they say maximum size is 30 MB in gmail we can only send 25MB know (if exceeds sent as google drive link) mine was 29.3 I was trying to send in one email that's why but seems now have to separate into 2. Having any idea?

Thanks a lot.. one more thing even though they say maximum size is 30 MB in gmail we can only send 25MB know (if exceeds sent as google drive link) mine was 29.3 I was trying to send in one email that's why but seems now have to separate into 2. Having any idea?

I used a Cannon scanner with 300dpi setting. Altogether it was like 20mb. You would need to send them in 2 batches with the case number as the email subject and it would be just fine :)

Documents requesting email doesn't have a relationship to the expected date of the interview. Some in the range of AS22xxx have received it after unlocking and re-submitting the DS-260 according to online forums.

I got the documents required email last week and got the ready for scheduling email within 48 hours of submitting documents.

Interviews are scheduled based on the case number becoming current. So the expected date of my interview would be in January or February 2020 hopefully :).

Documents requesting email doesn't have a relationship to the expected date of the interview. Some in the range of AS22xxx have received it after unlocking and re-submitting the DS-260 according to online forums.

I got the documents required email last week and got the ready for scheduling email within 48 hours of submitting documents.

Interviews are scheduled based on the case number becoming current. So the expected date of my interview would be in January or February 2020 hopefully :).

Even U say "No relationship", email should come before the CN being Current, right? And, the Police report should be in our hand to reply that.
And, interview is scheduled ONLY If the documents processed.

Even U say "No relationship", email should come before the CN being Current, right? And, the Police report should be in our hand to reply that.
And, interview is scheduled ONLY If the documents processed.

What I meant was that we cannot predict interview dates based on the email requesting the documents.

Yep, the 2NLs for interviews will be sent only to those who are current AND the DS-260s and documents were processed in time.

What I meant was that we cannot predict interview dates based on the email requesting the documents.

Yep, the 2NLs for interviews will be sent only to those who are current AND the DS-260s and documents were processed in time.
@Atlan Yes, i know that we cannot predict interview date from email.

But i needed to know "roughly date" (according to yours, 3 months before) to Ready Police records at a sharp time. Coz those are valid only 6M know.

@Atlan Yes, i know that we cannot predict interview date from email.

But i needed to know "roughly date" (according to yours, 3 months before) to Ready Police records at a sharp time. Coz those are valid only 6M know.

Yep, in Sri Lanka PC is valid only for 6 months. If I get the interview in late February I will have to renew mine.

For 15xxx I guess somewhere around April/May and for 23xxx July/August but you never know because we only have 2 VBs up to now. Maybe we could predict better by January 2020.

T
It's mandatory to have an I-134 for interviews at Colombo embassy. Complete instructions here: lk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/149/DV-Check-list-sept-2018.pdf

I have a sponsor.
Thanks! this helps. (I am having a prob in my name as well that's why) Anyway in the last two para it's mentioned that "It is extremely important that all names on your birth certificate, petition and passport are in the same order and spelled the same" What do they mean by "Petition"?